1/6 Space marines.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 WarHammer 40K Space marines.....

Really one of the most impressive custom projects I've seen. Love the dedication, fun and creativity that went into these :rock

Excellent pictures of wip and final work. Do you have any pictures of the Marines standing next to a normal 1/6 character?

Absolutely badass!!!!
Just when you think some characters cannot be made in 1/6 you get project like this!
Awesome guys.

Uh oh Marc, you may have opened yourself up to a swarm of pm's looking for armor. :lol
So glad you started this though, I can't wait to see what comes of everyone's customs. Great team of guys working on this project! :clap
Hopefully I'll throw my hand into the ring someday. :monkey3

hahahh well Ron has stared one and I know thats gonna totally rock...

katkuru the chest emblem is a brass etch plate from Forge world... I had drawn them up in ai. and was going to laser cut them at work but as I am STILL not back I cant so I had to buy some :(...

I will keep piling pics up and fingers crossed folks will start to pop theirs up soon...

The power fist was a key part that made me go oww nurse!!! and when its painted it explodes!!!

marine131.jpg

marine132.jpg

marine133.jpg

I get bummed out taking photos close up as you can see so much more than you can with the naked eye and I always end up going back and retouching stuff...

marine134.jpg

marine148.jpg

Re: 40K Space marines.....

But I never go in the Warhammer shops... well only to buy paint... they always ask what I am painting... then go "Ow that's.....interesting" and I leave.... fast....

:lol:lol:lol Me and the girlfriend went into a Games Workshop the other day...Oh dear. 2 steps in and this girl walked up giving us the 3rd degree! I quickly inched back to the door and left my poor girl (who hates my dolly fetish) with this weird woman:rotfl Classic!

Mark and Stephen, I think you know how much I like this project. I think the magic of it is the collaborative way you guys have gone about this. Equally, much respect for opening this up to the rest of us to share in it all:clap Played guys :wink1:

this is really impressive i really dig this stuff love this thread.

:) cheers lt0778, and hell I know what you mean... I asked my good lady to pop into the GW shop once to get me a pot of paint.... owwww did I get a talking to when she got home hahahah... Hey Wanderer can I pop up the pic of start of the backpack you started :)

My Local GWS acts like females are the last living souls on the earth and my good wife stays outside or very close to me HAHAHAHA

I get the same "Oh what are you doing" questions to Mark. So told them when i was in last week that I`m building a 12" fully articulated BLACK TEMPLAR and wow did I have a few folks pick up interest in that conversation, so now they want me to take it in once done to show em lol
Not sure of that as I`m not as talented as you guys but if it comes off how I envision this beastie, who knows.

hahhah we are lucky boys :)

well I could not resist having a wee go at a heavy bolter!! so I have started drawing one up to get a rough idea of scale....

marine415.jpg

Hey Wanderer can I pop up the pic of start of the backpack you started :)

Mark it would be a real honour mate :D
I've not made too much progress as I'm just waiting on CBob to work his magic on the chest and shoulder pads.
I've sent you an email with a few pics attached showing the little gun ive been working on... Hope you like it!!

Last edited:

Hi All

Thanks to Mark for letting me know about this thread cheers mate and here is a Space Marine I started yesterday I spent a good 5 hours on this so far and yes there has been swearing screaming :).

I dropped him and broke off the foot pin so the left leg and armour as been superglued together but that doesn't bother me.

Also I warped the cod piece to much and didn't realize it until I had it all together but again no big deal and it's a great learning curve.

It will have both the bald head and the helmet so enjoy and I will have more pics up when I restart him tomorrow arvo.

Ron

Picture047.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture049.jpg

looking SICK!!! getting mine ordered as we speak =D

Ahh Ron looking good... If cod piece is a wee bit wonkey then just pop it in some warm water and remould it... if you need a new one then no worries I will send one over mate.

Hi All

Thanks guys and Mark no worries buddy I did the warm water trick and I was to excited to let it cool down LOL. I''m going to have stuff on him so you won't see it anyhow

Ron

Back