1/6 Sideshow - MARVEL: The Punisher Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was a warzone Ray Stevens with perfectly accurate gear and a great 95% likeness then yeah, itd be a steal
I'd dish out $250 for a perfectly done Jon Bernthal Punisher. Yeah, I realize he hasn't even been seen in the skull yet but I'm a big fan of him. He's gonna be great in the role.

I'd dish out $250 for a perfectly done Jon Bernthal Punisher. Yeah, I realize he hasn't even been seen in the skull yet but I'm a big fan of him. He's gonna be great in the role.

Yeah, cant wait to see the New season.. Im honestly more excited for DD s2 then any MCU film coming in the next year or more

Yeah, cant wait to see the New season.. Im honestly more excited for DD s2 then any MCU film coming in the next year or more
You and me both, I think I'm looking forward to it even more than Civil War. The Punisher and Thanos are the two characters I can't wait to see in action

So.. they used the color design of the old skin tight uniform from the 70's and 80's... and tried to overlay it onto the tactical warzone look from the 90's...
The face sculpt is almost there but pretty generic, and all his gear just looks like a mess on the figure. I'd say his upper body is too small too.

He looks like he's wearing some sort of fantasy archer boots, with those big crossed tied monstrosities.... or he's about to go clubbing in the 70's.
The overlap of the logo on the second image looks terrible.

So confused. It looks nothing like anything in any particular incarnation of the Punisher....

marvel-the-punisher-sixth-scale-sideshow-100212-06.jpg

marvel-the-punisher-sixth-scale-sideshow-100212-07.jpg

He kinda looks like old Kurt Russel...

kurt-russell-mug-2__130926033127-275x414.jpg

Last edited:
People saw what SSC Deadpool costs right?

So... how could anyone have expected this to be any less? Not to mention Deadpool was up for pre order a year ago... we all know that every year SSC raises their price. If you don't know that by now then I don't know what to tell you.

It was clear as freaken day this was coming in around this price. Clear as all day.

So... how could anyone have expected this to be any less? Not to mention Deadpool was up for pre order a year ago... we all know that every year SSC raises their price. If you don't know that by now then I don't know what to tell you.

It was clear as freaken day this was coming in around this price. Clear as all day.

You make a great point and I do recall the price being brought up frequently, but that Deadpool was great and packed a ton of cool and hilarious accessories, plus its deadpool, the Boba Fett of marvel. But this trails behind that and cost $20 more

It's actually only $10 more... and that's a year later.

And the accessories aren't terribly different. It's not like Punisher doesn't come with anything. There's quite a bit there. .. the vest itself is a wicked add on. Look at their utility belts. Very similar. I mean, we're arguing semantics here if we are talking about an extra weapon or set of hands after having already been given 4 weapons and 6 sets of hands kind of thing. Nothing to quip about.

And yeah, Deadpools very popular but not as if The Punisher is some B level character. Generally if you like one, you like the other anyways.

At the end of the day the figures are very comparable ... Franks price point was staring everyone in the face for a year so I have NO CLUE how or why people are complaining about it.

And the accessories aren't terribly different. It's not like Punisher doesn't come with anything. There's quite a bit there. .. the vest itself is a wicked add on. Look at their utility belts. Very similar. I mean, we're arguing semantics here if we are talking about an extra weapon or set of hands after having already been given 4 weapons and 6 sets of hands kind of thing. Nothing to quip about.

And yeah, Deadpools very popular but not as if The Punisher is some B level character. Generally if you like one, you like the other anyways.

At the end of the day the figures are very comparable ... Franks price point was staring everyone in the face for a year so I have NO CLUE how or why people are complaining about it.

--

Comparing Deadpool to The Punisher is like apples and oranges, but I do concur about pricing.

Some will disagree and some will not, but IMHO the price points for what is being offered to the end user (i.e. us the customers) doesn't justify > $200.00 USD price point because . . .

1. They're not HT quality by any means (does not even come close).

2. We've already had two version of The Punisher based on the PUNISHER: WARZONE film from AF and VTS and they're both superior figures compared to Sideshow's version and they both cost well below the $200.00 price point when they were originally released.

3. Sideshow's version mixes his modern and early appearance from the 70s, but Medicom produced a 70s comic book version of him in 1:6 scale (or slightly under scale) some years ago that had a mixed reception from what I can remember.

4. I can understand the cartoon style of the weapons for Deadpool, but not for The Punisher.

5. Some of us (myself included) have pre-ordered it knowing full well that it is overpriced and have issues, but there are those of us who are loyal enthusiasts/fans of The Punisher as a classic comic book/film character. Some of us will keep it as is. Some of us will enhance it by replacing certain bits and pieces and make it "our own".

I feel you (Erndog) are defending the figure. That's fine. There will always be apologists/defenders/loyalists of anything by Sideshow in nuances and varying degrees just like the HT cultists. That is the reality within this particular aspect of the 1:6 hobby.

The simple reason people are complaining is the fact that the figure as is stands is not worth the $239.99 plain and simple.

Maybe $179.99 to $199.99, but not $239.99. The same goes for Deadpool. He's worth around $179.99 to $199.99. The pricing direction for future 1:6 Marvel figures is and what we'll get in the end looks uneven given what we know other companies such as HT and other can produce for the same amount of $ or less.

As futile as it sounds . . . any possibility of convincing Sideshow to change the boots and gloved hands to black to make it slightly more palatable?

--

I'd dish out $179.99 to $199.99 (maybe $239.99) for a perfectly done Daredevil in his final/upgraded red battle suit from the end of the first season before paying the same amount for a 1:6 Bernthal as The Punisher, but it better on the same design and quality level as HT or comparable than Sideshow design/quality.

Punisher is most definitely a B level character most may even argue a C and convince me, but Like I said, people complained about DP price as well, so its actually confusing why you are confused as well

^ can you please make the pics bigger? its only taking me 5 minutes to load this effing page, should be at least 10

Face is a little droopy dog, but it's a better looking figure overall...

I don't get why they would have the rights to make a comic book version and not make the iconic comic version...

Back