1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very tempted to pick him up to go with boba. But that would mean I need to get IG88 as well:duh and the rest of the bounty figures when they are up :panic:

I don't think you should feel on the hook for all the others at all. For my part, the premiere bounty hunters were Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88 -- those were simply the designs that captured my imagination. Dengar, Zuckuss and 4-LOM are OK, but I never had any desire as a kid to know more about them, so they're easy passes.

Bossk.png

Is Raggedy Andy next??

I should just stop reading the forums because a new figure comes out and I am super happy about 3 hours on the forums and I now have the ideal to cancel my orders and sell my figures because there is somthing wrong with every one of them LOL.

I should just stop reading the forums because a new figure comes out and I am super happy about 3 hours on the forums and I now have the ideal to cancel my orders and sell my figures because there is somthing wrong with every one of them LOL.

Nah, don't feel that way. Making a clamor about a design mistep at this stage of development sometimes prompts a manufacturer to make corrections, especially if it has the potential to impact sales. There is plenty of lead time on something like Bossk for a running change to be made, if SSC gets enough negative buzz about it. You don't need to cancel an order now per se (especially if it's a case of them setting an edition size on an ex that may cause the figure to dry up prior to release), but you have to let SSC know that these details can be a deal breaker and your order will be cancelled if the problem isn't corrected by the time it's ready to ship. That is, if you care enough about it to do that. If not, then enjoy the solid black eyes! :)

Anyone else having issues getting their order confirmation? I've even tried resending it from the order page and it doesn't seem to come through? (And yes, I have checked all my filters - nothing from SC is ever blocked)
thought it might be a glitch on there side.

someone should set up a pole for the correct orange, while I like snooki orange, i think I'm pulling more towards umpa loopa.

And really eye color has come up before, I think the first Indy (or some important character) from sideshow had tye wrong coloe etes it was noticed, mentioned and it was eventually fixed.

My wife and i were just looking at the pix;we agree that the "snarling" head looks more like someone just stomped on his toes(OWW!).This is one I have to think about;he's my favorite bounty hunter, but I did spend almost 2 years creating my custom(of course, I spent even longer on my custom Vader, and had no trouble at all picking up the Sideshow version;go figure).

As to color, Bossk has a very tricky paint job.In some light he looks orange, others tan, and even olive green.I think I spent several days tweaking the color I mixed on mine,with 3 variations and lots of wet and dry hand work, far more than a production figure is likely to get.For those that have forgotten, here's a pic...
DSCN3992.jpg

Felling a little robbed at this point...PS

I know you customizers put a lot of work into your figures, so I would imagine a mass-produced figure will never have the same impact in your collection.

This is one of my favorites, too, so really hoping they get the eyes correct. The red/orange eyes were one of the things that made him such a cool character.
The other obvious thing that they missed is Bossk is the only LEFTY I know of in the star wars universe. Hopefully its just a simple matter of switching hands...
Anyway cant wait to see some more ESB figures coming out.

I ordered the exclusive, it looks pretty good to me. The eyes are an easy fix if Sideshow doesnt correct them. We will just have to wait and see.

What I am excited about it the white vest from the outfit. Its identical to the X-Wing pilot vests. It would be nice to pick some of those up when this guy gets parted out at TA. I also think this means that Rebel pilots may not be too far off.

My wife and i were just looking at the pix;we agree that the "snarling" head looks more like someone just stomped on his toes(OWW!).

With the pointy ears and tongue, I actually thought it looks a bit like a cat yawning...

1893962482_5c46e622ff.jpg

1000571_press03-001.jpg

I ordered the exclusive, it looks pretty good to me. The eyes are an easy fix if Sideshow doesnt correct them. We will just have to wait and see.

What I am excited about it the white vest from the outfit. Its identical to the X-Wing pilot vests. It would be nice to pick some of those up when this guy gets parted out at TA. I also think this means that Rebel pilots may not be too far off.

The sculpted eyes don't seem big enough to fix with paint alone. They are pretty tiny, so it's not just a paint issue. To me the eye color/size is not a huge defining characteristic of Bossk anyway, like say it is with Greedo.

And thought the same thing re: pilots!

I can't believe SSC has taken this long to get to pilots, whether Imperial or Rebel. But then finally Boba shows up... years and years later.

Nah, don't feel that way. Making a clamor about a design mistep at this stage of development sometimes prompts a manufacturer to make corrections, especially if it has the potential to impact sales. There is plenty of lead time on something like Bossk for a running change to be made, if SSC gets enough negative buzz about it. You don't need to cancel an order now per se (especially if it's a case of them setting an edition size on an ex that may cause the figure to dry up prior to release), but you have to let SSC know that these details can be a deal breaker and your order will be cancelled if the problem isn't corrected by the time it's ready to ship. That is, if you care enough about it to do that. If not, then enjoy the solid black eyes! :)

I do hate inaccuracies to but the eyes are a minor thing to me that I can correct at a later date if needed. I am still going to get my EX of Bossk and wouldn't pass it up for the word.

Ordered the ex. The alt head makes you want to play with the figure and attack anybody standing by. Too bad the cost has jumped compared to the Jedi Luke and Voorhees days.

I can't believe all of you "true Bossk fans" DON'T LIKE the EX head!!! OMG, here is the bounty hunter who is famous for eating all his brothers and sisters at-birth and then later ate his father!! That's vicious man! And now you say that the EX head doesn't look good for Bossk???? Well you all certainly lost me on this one.......

I wonder why they didn't add the base that IG-88 and Boba Fett came with.
:dunno
I guess if it comes down to it you could always get one off eBay.

I'm glad it doesn't come with the lit stand, it's an added cost I really don't need. 1 is cool, more than that gets a bit unnessessary.

Back