1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are cheap. :lol

He has the black antenna thingy. It's a cord that loops around his shoulder. That's why it doesn't look like an antenna on the figure.

The details on him make me wicked happy. I didn't get the exclusive IG-88 or Boba Fett, but this one is a must. Cool teeth.

I'm thinking of getting the EX version of him as well. I like the screaming Bossk head.

Without the lit up base it should be 120$ Sideshow!

WITH the light-up base it should be the price it is now. C'mon Sideshow, give us the light-up base with ALL the bounty hunter releases so that they will match and compliment each other when displayed together! :pray:

Without the lit up base it should be 120$ Sideshow!
Looking forward to your photos with all of the new figs coming out and I'd love the light-up base, too, but no way is it worth $40.00 to the retail price of these figures. :p I could see maybe $10.00 and maybe that's the reason SSC didn't include it with Bossk (to keep retail price as low as possible).

There was a lot of complaining in regards to including the base with IG-88 (in addition to OCD types complaining it's not movie accurate *rolls eyes*) and even Boba Fett, for that matter. Regardless, I do hope SSC changes their mind and ships Bossk with it. Either that or at least make it available for seperate sale. I'd pick-up one for Boskk or use it for Vader/Bespin Luke, until the carbon freezing enviro comes out, at least.

I do hope SS changes their mind about the base, if they keep the theme going, I will buy all the bounty hunters. If they stop it, than at most I will buy one more, probably Dengar.

I personally don't care if the base is incorrect, I think it looks cool and adds a great element to the figures display. And somehow I have a feeling when the Executor Bridge comes out that it will be something rediculous like $300, which means I won't buy it.

I do hope SS changes their mind about the base, if they keep the theme going, I will buy all the bounty hunters. If they stop it, than at most I will buy one more, probably Dengar.

I personally don't care if the base is incorrect, I think it looks cool and adds a great element to the figures display. And somehow I have a feeling when the Executor Bridge comes out that it will be something rediculous like $300, which means I won't buy it.

I would probably bite for $300, but I think it only makes sense to get it if you plan to get all the bounty hunters and a Vader.

I would probably bite for $300, but I think it only makes sense to get it if you plan to get all the bounty hunters and a Vader.

It sucks when people get priced out of anything, but considering what other environments sell for and the fact that the Executor bridge that people want is for the multi BH and Vader, its size alone is going to make it pricey.

While I'm sure that's the main draw, I could see it being a great general environment for Vader w/officers/Stormtroopers. One of my favourite scenes is in ESB as Vader watches the Falcon jump to light speed. Think there's a few scenarios in which the environment could work, though the bounty-hunter scene would be a great one (just can't commit, myself, to anything past Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88).

I don't like my bounty hunters on those stands. Sounds like there'll be a market soon...
Yep, seems like there's a good 30+% of collectors that don't care for the Bespin bases or even dislike them. Anyone willing to sell for a reasonable amount ($15.00?) and ship to Canada, let me know via PM. Hopefully I'll be able to grab a couple.

Last edited:
I second the sentiment above, anyone not interested keeping the light-up Bespin bases, PM me, I'm interested in getting a few more.

It sucks when people get priced out of anything, but considering what other environments sell for and the fact that the Executor bridge that people want is for the multi BH and Vader, its size alone is going to make it pricey.

I actually think it may cost more, simply because it needs to display 8 figures. Even though it would be incorrect, if it had a window with a light up spacefield, I might reconsider.

I bought Jabba without his throne cause I objected to the steep price of a polystone block, and honestly, Jabba really needs his throne. The Bounty Hunters don't need the bridge quite as much.

I will probably be one of those people looking to buy extra Bespin bases.

I'm still having trouble trying to envision the Executor bridge dio. It would have to be massively huge (and expensive) to house Vader and 6 bounty hunters. There aren't many elements to it that make it visually exciting; it would have to include light up windows or part of the command pit to incorporate something worth looking at. Where SSC has a spotty history of selling their SW environments (they still have Yoda's hut in stock at, what $30 off?), I think they should just focus their time and energy on the things that are absolutely iconic, like the Carbonite Freezing chamber or vehicles like the speeder bike or landspeeder.

Yeah, I'm definitely in the same boat of pondering just what Sideshow could do to make the Executor bridge visually interesting. At this point, I'm assuming that as soon as someone brought it up as a possible project that the same thought occurred to them, too.

If it is, say, just a grey slab of plastic for Vader and the bounty hunters to stand on, then no, it'll be a pass and I'm guessing they know this is true for most of us. Like Rushmore, I'm hoping it includes a space field beyond the window (not sure how feasible that would be for it to both look credible and not be ridiculously expensive).

I think the command pit would be tough to pull off, also, though. Really best they could do would be to just have a sunken, lit outline of it but seems to me that would be very space consuming, environment wise.

When I first heard about this as a possible environment, I have to say I was surprised, as there are a lot of obstacles and the environments in general do not seem to sell that well. I'll be interested to see if there's any hint of this at SDCC.

Yeah, could be and might even be even better for it, as Khonsu says. There seems to be a very limited appetite for these expensive, space-consuming dios, so probably better if Sideshow focuses on more visually interesting pieces that have a built-in audience. Don't think they'll have any issue going through 1000 landspeeders, for example.

Back