1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a good one from Hasbro and if this looks like this when it ships, it will be great, eyelids or not. :lol

Yeah, its a pretty defining characteristic of his face. Hardly a new low in nitpicking. No different than if they released a Han Solo figure that *did* have orange eyes.

If we could criticize the Anakin "lipstick" in 2006, I think we can criticize the lack of eyelid color for a $156 doll in 2012.

what shade of orange should they go with?

oompa loompa orange?
oompa_loompa.jpg

or snooki orange?

celeb-pumpkin-meter-snooki-290x400.jpg

:dunno

Looks like a "polished" Hasbro to me.

His chest is too thin.

The snarl looks bad.

Not for me.

I have the Koto bounty hunters and the Bossk is so aggressive and tough looking. Given, you can't change the pose, but I'd rather have one fantastic, strong pose, than 600 crap, skinny looking poses.

The Koto's damn fine (despite my buddy once calling its pose the "taking a dump" Bossk!) But the headsculpt on that one has the same problem as the Hasbro fig - a bit thin and Godzilla-looking from the front.

But my main concern is, if I want to, be able to pose Bossk in Star Destroyer Bridge pose. The thin-ness on the chest can't really be judged on the proto, just depends how the production suit comes together. The "bib" on the Hasbro one is way too thick/puffy, so maybe SSC over-compensated a bit with that in mind.

But I know what you mean overall though, I don't love the open mouth head either (Hasbro Unleashed...) - I have my Hasbro one on display and it really was one of Hasbro's very best. It's remarkable how cheap those were in the day too ($25, which would maybe be close to $45 today.)

The suit on the SSC one is honestly night and day versus the Hasbro one though and the Hasbro head is quite off really.

I know wax murderer (articulated ankles and jaw!) and few others did amazing customs based on the Hasbro fig, which I would love to side by side comps with when this is released. I think they will give it a run for the money.

Just read over the latest posts about the eyes. They don't seem to have any of that orange. I found these pics from ROTJ, not sure if this is how the eyes look in ESB too...

800pxBosskST.jpg

Ree-Yees_Bossk.jpg

The character doesn't seem to have eyelids and has quite large eyes vs. the SSC fig. It's possible this is one of those Lucasfilm officially "re-imagining the past" type issues and wasn't SSC's call. It still looks cool on the fig, it just doesn't look like it does in the movie.

100057_press02-001.jpg

Just read over the latest posts about the eyes. They don't seem to have any of that orange. I found these pics from ROTJ, not sure if this is how the eyes look in ESB too...

800pxBosskST.jpg

The character doesn't seem to have eyelids and has quite large eyes vs. the SSC fig. It's possible this is one of those Lucasfilm officially "re-imagining the past" type issues and wasn't SSC's call.

100057_press02-001.jpg

His head "spikes" or whatever seem much pointer too than how they appeared on film as well. It still looks like a cool generic Trandoshan but not really Bossk.

Bossk.jpg

Even Clone Wars Bossk has pronounced orange eyes.

Bossk-TCW.jpg

Had to order.....not sure if I love it so far, but he definitely looks pretty good. Ugh, now I have to play a bit of catch up and shell out more for IG-88.....curse you SS!

Just on vacation, so this was a big surprise. Glad I had Internet access and was able to get the exclusive. Really like that second headsculpt and can see switching it out now and again. Also, not concerned about the eyelid thing on the second sculpt. Both sculpts look great, IMO.

Like others, I'm a little surprised by the lack of the Bespin base (yes, it's not screen accurate but they are very cool bases and would've kept the look of the bounty hunters consistent). Only other way to get it I'm guessing would be if Toy Anxiety parted out a Boba, but hard to see that happening. Hmmm, maybe Sideshow will show us some mercy and either include it later on or offer the base for seperate sale. Sure they'd sell a few (guessing this is really unlikely, too, though).

Anyway, that's still a pretty minor quibble. My three favorite bounty hunters from being a kid were Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88. I'll now have them all and feel no need for the others, though I'll probably pick-up the Executor bridge environment so long as Sideshow makes it detailed and interesting enough.

The jaw of the open mouth head may be articulated. If you go to zoom, you can see a curved line on both sides of the back of the jaw.

Obviously, it's likely it is simply a too visible glue-in line for the separately molded jaw piece, but would be cool if that jaw moved up and down a bit.

Either way, I'm going to be "closing" that mouth by about 50% when I get it to achieve the same look as the Hasbro 4" fig from 3 or 4 years ago.

side note, anyone have or seen the Hasbro modern vintage take on this guy? One of their best, IMO

Just bought all the Executor bounty hunters because I'm so excited right now:lol last time I had all 6 of them together was during the POTF2 days of the late 90's so I'm pretty excited to see how far they've come since then.

Just bought all the Executor bounty hunters because I'm so excited right now:lol last time I had all 6 of them together was during the POTF2 days of the late 90's so I'm pretty excited to see how far they've come since then.

Yeah, I dumped all of mine except Hasbro Fett a couple months ago and am already wondering why I did. :dunno

Yeah, I dumped all of mine except Hasbro Fett a couple months ago and am already wondering why I did. :dunno

I tried to collect all the Fett's at one time and I ended up selling them too and only kept the McQuarrie Fett & Prototype mail away version. When I bought the ROTJ one yesterday, I forgot how many different ones there were but I managed to find the one I want. Bossk & Dengar were the easiest but I accidentally bought the wrong IG-88, so now I'll have 2 which should be accurate since there were 2 of them anyway:lol

Now, I'm looking to buy a Slave 1 but it looks like Hasbro hasn't reprinted the big one from last year in OT colors yet.

I tried to collect all the Fett's at one time and I ended up selling them too and only kept the McQuarrie Fett & Prototype mail away version. When I bought the ROTJ one yesterday, I forgot how many different ones there were but I managed to find the one I want. Bossk & Dengar were the easiest but I accidentally bought the wrong IG-88, so now I'll have 2 which should be accurate since there were 2 of them anyway:lol

Now, I'm looking to buy a Slave 1 but it looks like Hasbro hasn't reprinted the big one from last year in OT colors yet.

You want one like the TRU set had but with Bobas paint scheme, right? Those would look tight together.

Back