1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine unboxed and I do like him. I have a couple gripes outside the few that have been mentioned by others though. The first being a bit of raised flashing on top of his head near the outer horns at the seam line. It kinda blends in with the scales but definitely should not be there. Anybody else have this?

Also as mentioned by a couple others here there is a couple dark spots on the suit that I do not think is intentional weathering. But I planned to dirty him up a bit anyway so no big deal.

I also have a spot of sloppy stitching on the belt. The suit stitching is nice however.

But I have some black marks on the flight suit. Does anyone else have these marks on theirs?

Yes, there's a black mark on the back of the suit. I thought it had come from the white wire where the paint had worn away in the box, as the mark lined up perfectly with the damaged part of the wire.

I'm happy with the figure, but mostly because I got it for $185. $210 is crazy over priced.

$210 is crazy overpriced, but only about 10% less is a happy buy?:monkey3:lol

But yeah - the original was FIFTY DOLLARS LESS and had TWO HEADSCULPTS.:horror

Nice shots Riblets. Yours came out lookin great compared to some. Any problems futzing the flight suit around?
Part of me want s to pick his guy up but only if I can find a V.1 IG-88
...and a HT ESB Boba Fett!

Nice shots Riblets. Yours came out lookin great compared to some. Any problems futzing the flight suit around?
It's tight around the cankles and there's alot of material on the sleeves. This weekend I'll mess around with it to make it more screen accurate. I'm much happier with this version than the 1st.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Sideshow made the two Empire Strikes Back Fetts. Hot Toys made the Return of the Jedi one. If you're only going to get one Fett, I'd definitely go with the Jedi one. It doesn't matter that it's not 'bounty hunter scene' specific..it's just a phenomenally better figure.

Sideshow made the two Empire Strikes Back Fetts. Hot Toys made the Return of the Jedi one. If you're only going to get one Fett, I'd definitely go with the Jedi one. It doesn't matter that it's not 'bounty hunter scene' specific..it's just a phenomenally better figure.

I’m sure HT is eventually going to release an ESB Fett. At least that’s what I’m hoping for.

Got him today...no shots just yet but...I'm seeing some good differences from v1. Head sculpt is really good, a little dark but the paint and detailing is really well done, especially the eyes. He seems a little less padded and lanky, but I'll check that against the v1. Liking what I see so far.

I'm enjoying the variety he brings to my display. My star wars setup is mostly troops and humans. Wish HT would do some creature characters like Ackbar.

YES still love HT ROTJ Fett... he is what got me into this madness of 1/6 collecting.
Still very hopeful for a ESB version :)

It's tight around the cankles and there's alot of material on the sleeves. This weekend I'll mess around with it to make it more screen accurate. I'm much happier with this version than the 1st.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Nice 👍🏽He looks great in those shots. Candles slightly covered and all.

Okay...got him out of the box and put the rifle on him to have the strap break with barely a tug-use care on that one! Have the brackets and nothing's broken so that'll get fixed. The arms are a little loose (mainly the elbows) but it should be okay,

He does look pretty cool...

BOSSKv2-001.jpg

He'll need some more tugging at the flight suit and futzing, but I think he's a good version of the ole' trandoshan.

BOSSKv2-002.jpg

Is he "better" than v1? Well, I don't know if I'd say better. He looks more like the movie version and less stylized (as someone pointed out earlier) than the v1, but I'd only recommend him to fellow "Bossk" fanatics like me or to folks that don't have this bounty hunter in their sixth-scale collection yet.

Both versions are cool - glad I picked it up. Only two hunters left-and the only two figures I have left on PO at Sideshow.

I think I'm going to return mine. I only looked at it through the box window.

Color issues really bother me sometimes and this is both way too dark in the paint application and too light on the suit material. Sideshow just consistently doesn't care about doing certain things correctly.

I mainly wanted him because I liked the Kenner figure as a child.

I think I'm going to return mine. I only looked at it through the box window.

Color issues really bother me sometimes and this is both way too dark in the paint application and too light on the suit material. Sideshow just consistently doesn't care about doing certain things correctly.

I mainly wanted him because I liked the Kenner figure as a child.

Can you take a pic? Is it the lighter/more faded jumpsuit that is making the skin color seem too dark, or would it look too dark even with the more yellow v.1 jumpsuit?

It's really hard to judge whether it's too dark overall because it seems like the lighting affects it greatly. He does seem almost an "African American Bossk" in some pics, whereas others it looks closer to the onscreen color.

I also wonder if the bright red eyes might be skewing his overall look.

Hope someone can take an outside pic in natural daylight. Sometimes seems that's the only way to judge when its iffy like this seems.

Back