1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious what people thought they were buying when purchasing V1 sculpt? Clearly it was a EU sculpt. The reason why I'm never took the bait even though it was a 1/6 scale Bossk! This V2 is what the boy in me remembers (except for the faded suit colour)

Curious what people thought they were buying when purchasing V1 sculpt?

Uh, only Bossk at the time.

Also, Sideshow's plans for all 6 Bounty Hunters also intrigued. Who knew it would take them 7 years - and that they'd make upgrades before they ever completed the line?

I got the original Bossk and IG-88... but the delay for a couple years ended my interest in the full line-up. So did the level of Sideshow's shoddy work.

Curious what people thought they were buying when purchasing V1 sculpt? Clearly it was a EU sculpt. The reason why I'm ever took the bait. This V2 is what the boy in me remembers (except for the faded suit colour)

i don't understand the complaints about the "faded"suit.... contrast up too high? tv calibrated?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.14.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.14.20 PM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
He had very faded yellow jumpsuit. It's movie accurate. Stop complaining about stuff done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my eye neither version 1 Bossk nor version 2 are an exact match to the original pressure suit. Version 1 seems too I dunno Orange? While version 2 seems slightly lighter. You'd probably have to compare them in person to get an accurate comparison.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I never questioned the look “neck down” on V1, everything looked good. It was only the two head sculpts that 2+ 2=5 for me as it did not relate to the Bossk I grew up with.
With V2 its the colour of the suit where I think of the word “faded”! Head sculpt however is perfect.

I wonder if this will be like Luke Snowspeeder and sell out much faster than expected or if I can wait for RP or a bigger coupon code. It does seem you can hunt down a $25 coupon fairly easily - may have to just do that. $185 isn't too bad for this guy.

I don't think this guy will hit the $25 bargain bin, you probably will need to source one of the $20 monthly coupons. I think this is a now rare instance where the price sideshow threw out was pretty fair in today's market. The carbonite han? One of the worst values in 1/6 history.

The faded suit color annoyed me at first, but bossk's coolness factor pretty much overrides that complaint

I don't think this guy will hit the $25 bargain bin, you probably will need to source one of the $20 monthly coupons. I think this is a now rare instance where the price sideshow threw out was pretty fair in today's market. The carbonite han? One of the worst values in 1/6 history.

Yeah, I've found a few $25 coupon codes the google way. I'm still mulling this guy, but want to pull the trigger sooner than later in case it sells out.

I'm wondering if the suit could be dyed if it's cotton? I've found that stuff like the little white ribbon (polyester) details sewed to his shoulders and the shiny black part wouldn't take dye anyway. And a very subtle wash of tan/mustard might make difference to the skin color.

It's also possible Bossk ends up like my HT Chewies - every time I go to fix them with paint etc. I go "eh, he looks fine..." Bossk really is a very nice looking figure despite the dark skin and pale jumpsuit. It's way more of an improvemnt in screen accuracy than the v.2's of IG88 and ESB Fett.

In looking at close-up pics from the movie, it seems like his eyes are a bit like Jabba's - yellow background, reddish orange highlights and a slight reflective finish.

Well after spending more time with him I came to realize that one of his legs was strangely shorter than the other, not only that but it bends the opposite way. I'll be sending Sideshow an email on Monday.

Attachments

• 20171021_004513_resized.jpg
    20171021_004513_resized.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 20171021_004525_resized.jpg
    20171021_004525_resized.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20171021_004536_resized.jpg
    20171021_004536_resized.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 138
Another side by side with a bit more light:

37724459762_4638696128_o.jpg

I'm finding new Bossk eats light. His photos are coming out darker than actual. MfDoom's photos are better.

I like them both for different reasons. Old Bossk has life in that exclusive head. New Bossk is a taciturn, cold hearted lizard.

The new V2 looks fantastic! But I agree with you on V1, it has more personality. I'm sticking with my Excl. V1.

my gripe is why didn`t they do this right in the first place. they could have did bossk`s head right and the color scheme of ig-88 the first time. now collectors are scrambling to spend more money just for the version we should have had along. :dunno

When I was comparing the figure with movie pics, I noticed that there should be several little silver cylinders on his belt, but on mine I only have 1 with a silver "handle" on it. Am I missing something? There are like 4 slots on his belt

Back