1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok after many hours of masking here is the very first Landspeeder with some colour on.
A bit of touching up hear and there then some damage and weathering to tone the pink down a little but happy with that.

Speeder_Paint_01.jpg

Speeder_Paint_02.jpg

Speeder_Paint_03.jpg

Speeder_Paint_04.jpg

Nice work SB!

Any final decision on how you'll do the windscreen?

I'll be 3D printing the prototype screen, then clean, fill & fine sanding, ready for rubber moulding and casting in clear resin, the shape of the screen should allow me to make seamless casts for easy removal. I may need to pressure cast if there are any bubbles but that's a fairly simple process.

I'll be 3D printing the prototype screen, then clean, fill & fine sanding, ready for rubber moulding and casting in clear resin, the shape of the screen should allow me to make seamless casts for easy removal. I may need to pressure cast if there are any bubbles but that's a fairly simple process.

:horror:clap

Rearranged part of the collection today to make some room for the Landspeeder and Jazz Inc's moisture vaporator. Now I just need to find some room for the SSC Rancor :dunno

Curious to see which of the 3 will turn-up first?

Rearranged part of the collection today to make some room for the Landspeeder and Jazz Inc's moisture vaporator. Now I just need to find some room for the SSC Rancor :dunno

Curious to see which of the 3 will turn-up first?

Nice setup and the SSC Rancor is extremely cool, I design, build, paint and ship everything myself and don't employ hordes of Taiwanese to do it all for me....so I'll hazard a guess which you'll get last :lol:impatient::rotfl

PS: as soon as I'm happy with the Speeder screen (wind shield) I'll start taking deposits.

Thanks gents!

Counting the days for all 3, but I have a feeling the collection will be nearing an end :(

I've got about 6 items I'm waiting on, and if I don't start (rampantly) collecting new stuff from The Mandalorian, I think I'll be entering a "retirement era." With the collection primarily focused on OT stuff, the well is starting to dry up.

Can never thank Jas enough for brining this baby to life, it's been a dream since I was 7 when I had the Kenner version.

This is such an amazing project! I've enjoyed going through and watching the progression. Arguably, the finest custom piece ever.

They're desktops from Ikea (60cm x 200cm), with whatever legs you prefer. They have all different sizes too. They're called "Linnmon."

I recently moved house, but originally had them set-up in a U-shape around the entire room and also used them as backdrops by standing them against the wall (with no legs obviously :)).

Unfortunately, the collection is now scattered across different rooms, but when it was all in the U-shape set-up it looked superb! These guys below were all set-up amongst that u-shape as well and it all came across like a bunch of different dioramas/scenes.

Last edited:
They're desktops from Ikea (60cm x 200cm), with whatever legs you prefer. They have all different sizes too. They're called "Linnmon."

I recently moved house, but originally had them set-up in a U-shape around the entire room and also used them as backdrops by standing them against the wall (with no legs obviously :)).

Unfortunately, the collection is now scattered across different rooms, but when it was all in the U-shape set-up it looked superb! These guys below were all set-up amongst that u-shape as well and it all came across like a bunch of different dioramas/scenes.

Using those IKEA desks is genius. :lecture It looks super clean, and I like how the different scenes kind of flow into each other.

I've finally got my hands on a decent sized resin printer, so....at long last the wind shield master should be ready for cleaning up when I get home from work later :yess: fingers crossed it fits. then its just a case of silicone mould and casting in crystal clear resin.

Everything else is more or less there, I'm happy with the colours and detailing and just waiting for the finished screen to go on before final damage & weathering.
Speeder_Paint_05.jpg

Nearly there :impatient::hi5:

Nice print. What printer did you get? I haven't got room for one yet until we move to a bigger house but I've got my eye on an Epax E10 for now.

I've finally got my hands on a decent sized resin printer, so....at long last the wind shield master should be ready for cleaning up when I get home from work later :yess: fingers crossed it fits. then its just a case of silicone mould and casting in crystal clear resin.

Everything else is more or less there, I'm happy with the colours and detailing and just waiting for the finished screen to go on before final damage & weathering.
View attachment 504061

Nearly there :impatient::hi5:

Looking just superb Jas.:horror

Back