1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEDs are in and working nicely and finally getting some paint detailing, I've weathered the seats but not happy how they look so will be giving them another coat of looking at over the weekend.

Speed 01.jpg

Speed 02.jpg

Speed 03.jpg

Speed 04.jpg

Jas

Can't believe I missed these photos!!!!

Looks great Jas.

Can't wait for this sucker!

Just getting the last few fine details sorted before the first 3 get finished and shipped.

I wasn't happy with the seating material as it looked flat and boring so I've added a subtle texture and played with the acrylic paint to give a worn shiny look on the faux leather seat pads.

Speed_05.jpg

Speed_06.jpg

Speed_07.jpg

You guys are legends for waiting so long :1-1:

Jas

Looks great Jas and great to see this project securely on the move again.:yess: And LOVE that seat surface treatment you created - really reads as leather seat.

Is that first paint-up with the more orange cockpit for a prequel/TPM version of the landspeeder (versus the more plum/maroon cockpit of the OT version)?

Looks great Jas and great to see this project securely on the move again.:yess: And LOVE that seat surface treatment you created - really reads as leather seat.

Is that first paint-up with the more orange cockpit for a prequel/TPM version of the landspeeder (versus the more plum/maroon cockpit of the OT version)?

Well spotted Tali. Yeah, I just looked at some reference pics and the interior is actually the same darker (plum, as you mentioned) color as the "pinstripes" that run around the chassis.

Yeah, I think Jas (or Pete - not sure who's doing the painting) is doing a couple of TPM landspeeders first up.

The most prominent one from TPM has a two-tone green exterior with a brighter orange interior like the current interior Jas has been showing pics of.

They made a few toys of it back in the PT era (Galoob did a larger version and Hasbro did a die-cast Titanium one in the not-so-great pic posted below) - it's actually kind of a cool color scheme.

1dW8hbJ.png

This thing that was repainted green?

zl7j3702nej21.jpg

There are a couple of repainted landspeeders in the PT.

I'm not sure who would ever want one in green, but the weathering on the current model seems to be geared to the run-down original, not a closer to factory-fresh PT version.

I'm not sure who would ever want one in green, but the weathering on the current model seems to be geared to the run-down original, not a closer to factory-fresh PT version.

Onscreen the PT version seems as weathered as the OT version (gotta love those visible wheels under it - I guess someone forgot to CGI over those.:lol)

RdMTbDr.png

So you're already about to ship some out? I didn't realize you were taking payments for these yet...

Hi DJ, no payments taken just yet until I'm 100% happy and they're boxed and good to go. I'll be doing them in batches of 3 for space more than anything.

But finally getting there now.

Jas

As a bit of an update, I do all of my own painting guys .
I think its a combination of the LED lighting in the J-Cave and using my iPhone for the pics that is washing the colour out slightly as the "red" colour is definitely more maroon / plumb in hand. Will see if I can get some better images but the weather here in the UK is cack and think we've had all the sunshine we're going to get for 2020

The more I think about it :confused: the more I think that may have been the first colour test and not the final red I'll be using.
Will need to just double check but I'm sure its more like the "red" I used to base coat the Indy Mine Carts
Red_Colour.jpg

Seeing how much Tatooine sand to add and before I repainted the seats.
Speed_08.jpg

Comparing the above and below images which are the same red it's most likely a light / camera thing.

Speed 04.jpg

Hi DJ, no payments taken just yet until I'm 100% happy and they're boxed and good to go. I'll be doing them in batches of 3 for space more than anything.

But finally getting there now.

Jas

Any idea when we will have the big (full) reveal?

Back