1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has there been any speculation / hint of the final price for one of these yet?

Weren't these all spoken for already?

The original build / interest limit was reached early on, but I'm sure some will decide to or need to drop out for financial reasons especially with the current climate, so more will become available.

I make everything myself so no need to ship out overseas nor do I need to hit a minimum build number so making the odd one here and there won't be a problem :wink1:

Can't wait to see a full reveal of this! A full "HT announcement"-style set of pics with figures sitting in it etc.

I'm really interested to see how the windshield came out too.

I'm really interested to see how the windshield came out too.

:rotfl You're not the only one TB :rotfl not happy with that part yet, had several goes though but just not quite nailed it yet......but I will :wink1:
Have ordered a much larger 3d resin printer which is large enough to prototype the screen, then make the moulds and cast using crystal clear resin rather than vacuum forming. It's the more time consuming and costly option....but will give the best results (quality not quantity) :yess:

Jas

:rotfl You're not the only one TB :rotfl not happy with that part yet, had several goes though but just not quite nailed it yet......but I will :wink1:
Have ordered a much larger 3d resin printer which is large enough to prototype the screen, then make the moulds and cast using crystal clear resin rather than vacuum forming. It's the more time consuming and costly option....but will give the best results (quality not quantity) :yess:

Jas

Yeah, I wonder how they made the 1:1 prop windshield? Would have had similar challenges.

I wonder if there are suppliers that might have thin (2mm or so) plexi spheres or half-domes available? The overall shape is almost a slice of a sphere so it could be cut from a say 30-40cm diameter sphere/dome.

Yeah, I wonder how they made the 1:1 prop windshield? Would have had similar challenges.

I wonder if there are suppliers that might have thin (2mm or so) plexi spheres or half-domes available? The overall shape is almost a slice of a sphere so it could be cut from a say 30-40cm diameter sphere/dome.

Already gave that a try bud, 150mm baubles were almost there, just the shaped wings (by Lukes arm) wouldn't sit right. A real shame on to plan B,C,D,E,F,G....:gah:

Finally getting there and starting to lay some colour down, the pin stripes are going to be fun.
I've already set out the bodywork lines and ordered a shed load of bendy masking tape.

A little more fine filling, wet sanding and another coat of red, so No#01 isn't far away

Also tweaked a few tiny details here and there, one is the dash which I've raised up very slightly as it looks a little low on the prototype, plus it will help to hide the joint

Speed_14.jpg

Speed_10.jpg

Speed_15.jpg
The one on the left (without engines) is the working prototype, the one on the right is the very first No#01 :hi5:

Speed_16.jpg

Finally getting there and starting to lay some colour down, the pin stripes are going to be fun.
I've already set out the bodywork lines and ordered a shed load of bendy masking tape.

A little more fine filling, wet sanding and another coat of red, so No#01 isn't far away

Also tweaked a few tiny details here and there, one is the dash which I've raised up very slightly as it looks a little low on the prototype, plus it will help to hide the joint

[...]

Incomparable work. Do I even need to say that? :lol

What's your preferred masking tape brand for curves? I'm working on some stormtrooper helmets and haven't been loving the Tamiya stuff.

Incomparable work. Do I even need to say that? :lol

What's your preferred masking tape brand for curves? I'm working on some stormtrooper helmets and haven't been loving the Tamiya stuff.

For very fine and bendy stuff I've mainly used Tamiya but giving Modelcraft Precision 2mm a go on this build....fingers crossed

Jas

Think I may have over done it on the masking tape :lol
Have a guess what I'll be doing this weekend?

Masking Tape.jpg

Speed_14.jpg

Speed_15.jpg

Speed_16.jpg

I'm hoping to have the prototype bodywork stripes (sandy/pinky colour) on this weekend just leaving me to add damage and weathering, display base and screen. Almost there :yess:

Jas

Back