1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellas...can we talk colour (color) pink or orange :dunno

Over on RPF Customs the full size build says flat gold but that doesn't quite look right to me.

Gold_Paint.jpg

As soon as I lock in the colours I'll start getting these finished

How about somewhere in the middle?

Looking over all the reference footage/photos it varies dramatically, depending on lighting, camera used, color-grading, etc.

Here's a set photo where the color balance seems fairly neutral.

Yet, here's 3 different colored versions directly from the film:

1977 (4K77)

2011 (Blu Ray)

2020 (Disney)

Looking over all the reference footage/photos it varies dramatically, depending on lighting, camera used, color-grading, etc.

I feel like this is the best example of the four you presented. TaliBane incoming with a collection of pics in 3...2...1

I feel like this is the best example of the four you presented. TaliBane incoming with a collection of pics in 3...2...1

Haha yes, I was going to say "ask Talibane".
I feel this is more what everyone remembers seeing on screen i.e what looks right. and not the colour the original prop might have really had which was changed by colour grading etc.

My vote would be with the bottom version.

It's the latest mastered version from Disney,
It's close to the 4K77 cleanup (am sure both Disney and 4K77 went a lot of effort to get it right)
It looks more realistic to the Tatooine environment and doesn't look almost pink like the middle one.

But what does everyone else think ?

I tend to like this one best myself, which also matches the slightly salmon color of the Harmy editions a bit better. Just a light tan doesn't seem right to me at all.

Screenshot_20200702-115025_YouTube~01.jpg

Screenshot_20200702-115359_YouTube~01.jpg

I think the most recent Disney print looks best.

Having watched the 4K77 film itself, I think it accurately reproduced what it looked like in theaters, to its detriment, the color looked washed out, highlights were too bright. It just looked 'old'. You can even see in the screenshot, it just looks overexposed. So I wouldn't trust it for accuracy to the prop.

I'm also going with Dave and Turd - the on-set photo's color doesn't look "manipulated" in any way.

The problem with using a photo from the film is (as we can clearly see by the 3 version I posted before), you're lead by the color grade, rather than what it actually was.

So, excited watching this come to life. Can?t wait!!!

The bottom version really grabs me the most. I?m definitely for the bottom version...

There's a warm cast on the new 4k version though. If you white balance it (i went off the grills on the side) the image overall is a lot cooler.

speeder.jpg

Sorry chaps nothing official in the way of shipping dates, been sorting out the back log of builds between working full time at the hospital through all this craziness :panic:but slowly catching up now :yess:

Everything is more or less made and finalised and I'm currently making sure I get the right colour, but this is still moving along (if a little slow)
Apart from the screen which I'll most likely make my own vacuum former........not only do I build all my own models I have to build my own machines to make them :slap

Speed 01.jpg

Speed 02.jpg

Speed 03.jpg

Speed 04.jpg

Speed 05.jpg

Speed 06.jpg

Speed 07.jpg

Thank you for you patience as always :1-1::hi5:

Right chaps........finally found a company that can supply me with a really good paint match, order has been placed this morning so should be making a start over the next few weeks.

Everything is in place and made ready to paint (apart from the screen which I'll do last)
Will post plenty of progress pics of course

Back