1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More answers to questions on their Instagram:

shero_toys

we haven't set the price yet

Date of release? When?

shero_toys

maybe in June 2023, but we will open a pre-ordering link later.

Who is carrying it - where can we buy ?

shero_toys

we are. but we haven't set the price and the reservation channel yet.

Hopefully it's not only available directly from themselves, as I'd rather order from Kit than a complete unknown.

Clicking on Tagged brings up a lot of photos of DAF Toys' figures, so they could be the same company.
I doubt as their photography and product picture style are totally different. Could simply just be them buying Daftoys old IG account (as I remember Daftoys used to have two, now only one). Looks to be a very new "company"

Looks like he's joining the current Savage Avengers.

Anyway, I like that the figure here seems to come with at least three face options, the accessories are great, and I'm a fan of the fur collar look he sported from time to time. I can't think of too much else I'd ask them to add.
It's fitting since proper 616 Doom was also palling with the Savage Avengers.

iXNQE65UfH1HHsaNXFt1BUPlXspxTjare7SurD-AZL5NW9kyJUqAcn_iPlaC_7Nmmkmeu19LoCa9jDpmObnRvjgKfCSyHyVqO4Q-J289eiXU_w70qm8kiTEyqWWOhBLZkcqVJNQc=s0

I doubt as their photography and product picture style are totally different. Could simply just be them buying Daftoys old IG account (as I remember Daftoys used to have two, now only one). Looks to be a very new "company"

Or the owners of DAF etc repurposed their unused account for a new brand name.

As per the Account Information section of their Instagram :

shero_toys has changed their username 7 times, including 2 times in the past 90 days.

It doesn't display the former names. They left the tags intact which only serves to promote DAF Toys.

It's very incestuous out there with the sharing of talent, factories and resources.

EDIT:

My suspicions were confirmed by a very reliable source.

S-Hero are connected to DAF (along with Beetoys and Yan Toys).

Mars/Saturn were linked with DAF, though that arrangement may now have changed.

The Fire/CGL connection may not be true, but Fire is CGL.

Last edited:
loki-kang.gif

Here's your Big Bad for the next ~4 years!
Yeah I'm a bit worried that this is what we will get in avengers and ant man. That last loki episode was so boring. By the time they killed him it wast so much as 'wow' as it was meh.

Yeah I'm a bit worried that this is what we will get in avengers and ant man. That last loki episode was so boring. By the time they killed him it wast so much as 'wow' as it was meh.
That was a one-off "le curaaaaazzzyyyy" (get it, he's been alone so long he went wwwaaaaaaacka-wackaaaaaaaaa-liiiiiiciouuuuuuussss) variant and they're trying to make him more "menacing" in the upcoming movies, but he's a complete miscast and I'll never take him seriously. "He Who Remains" was their take on Immortus and it was beyond ridiculous. I'll be swapping the heads of my Kang dollies personally. Bale was wasted in the MCU and there's lots of HT heads of him due to all the Batman figures, so that's whom I'll be going with for my MCU Kang. I'll miss out on the helmeted look, but they ruined that in the MCU as well (his costume is no longer a futuristic take on antiquated clothing, but rather the usual LINESLINESLINES and LIGHTSLIGHTSLIGHTS, with his helmet and mask missing the entire point), so no big deal. I refuse to have Dreamworks Clown be how Kang's portrayed on my shelves.

So...

That design appears in this statue:

View attachment 607088

And this image:

View attachment 607089

That turned out to be a "...custom...privately unlicensed commission..." statue:

The Etsy listing is by FSPainting, and has this description:

High detail Dr doom figure 3D printed with resin 4K printers.

Hand painted with airbrush and brush by profesional artist.

Sculpture is great gift for all occasions or as home decoration.

Each item is handmade, therefore it may vary from the picture or from each other.

So a bootleg inspired by a bootleg?

Or does this throne design appear in the comics?

I remember that first statue. I found the 3D model while browsing on ArtStation years back, and some time later came across the statue itself. It's really cool, albeit too busy in many respects. I still like it.

caleb-nefzen-docdoom-00.jpg

The actual Doom armour is very MMORPG, but I love the two sides of the throne. Half Angelic, half Demonic. It can be seen as kind of corny, but I don't care, it's right up my alley and perfectly encapsulates Doom.

Or does this throne design appear in the comics?
Doom doesn't have a set throne, and whenever he appears sitting on one it's a generic design, nothing special.

b511288f6a1008f9b2460affe62d500bac4620b1.png
svtu10justchillin.jpg

The closest he came to an ornate throne is the one bellow:

00bafe7e95f1f3e9033a3209183459ecba859868.jpg

I prefer the ones custom sculptors are giving him. I kind of see Doom above using animals as mottiffs. I see him going straight for demons, angels, even Death as symbols.

stivens-trujillo-sanchez-trono-368-scaled.jpg

There are not many 1/6 thrones I'm familiar with. Just the iron throne from game of thrones and the old toys box ofin throne but its a bit too gold or copper color for Doom:

Screenshot_2022-11-11-02-56-25.png

Man, it really does look like an oversized Hasbro with a blanket on top. Even the Mezco looks heavier.

Marvel-Doctor_Doom_-_One12_Collective-8__83560.1651795200.jpg

I'll wait for the price.

Last edited:
Back