1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the throne would work if they made it hollow and plastic.
Yes, no reason to make it out of heavy and expensive polystone. Plus plastic isn’t nearly as fragile. Thick enough not to warp and strong enough hold the weight of the figure but not the 10 pounds a polystone version could weigh. I don’t need a heavy throne, just one that looks good.

I'm just waiting to see how much with the throne before ordering. I'm sure the MCU doom will be quite different than the comic versions.

The price is actually pretty nice. I'm paying 155$ from BBTT for the Mezco, and that's without shipping and taxes. Getting this from Kit it'll be just a cool ~200 bucks. I'll probably end up getting it just in case, but I'll hold off and ruminate over it a bit more.

I'll wait and buy the MCU versions no matter what, because all my big Marvel wants are still on the horizon, so I can't drop out just yet. But who knows if MCU Doom will look genuinely cool, or if he'll be some generic modern, Iron Man-esque armour with some tunics on top and a "streamlined" mask. We've all seen the overtly busy Kang (Dreamworks Clown aside) when he's literally a guy in a tunic. The MCU loves their LINESLINESLINESLINES and LIGHTSLIGHTSLIGHTSLIGHTS. So who knows, MCU Doom might have crappy CGI "light armour" and then a cape over it alongside a "modernised" mask or something. I'll get it either way just to have a high quality Doom for my proper display, but it'll be nice to have a reserve, good-looking 1/6th Doom for my DoomShelf, even if the materials are of lesser quality.

As for the throne, if Kit does end up listing it and it's that heavy, I'd keep it for my normal HT Doom if I ever got it. Knock-off Doom will be just fine standing next to my Hasbros, Mezcos and Funkos.

Now I wonder if anyone will attempt comic styled Namor and Kang figures. I'd definitely add to the Doomshelf, MCU versions aside. But it's rather unlikely I think.

who knows if the MCU design will be this close to the comic Doom.

I see some terrible "Nike" style neoprene under-armor in Doom's future.
CGI, "sleek" stolen Vibranium "armour" more like, with a Power Rangers facemask. That's what I fear. I don't want him to look too low tech either with an armour literally looking like it came from the 1400s, but Doom's thing should be looking equally advanced, mystical and regal at the same time. An ornate armour like here is a must for me. Failing that they should just go for a more "modern dictator wizard" look and have the armour be mostly hidden under the clothing.

1636853641990.jpg

Last edited:
I have faith the MCU will get Doom right after Doom has been... not done well... the last four times...

That said, I too expect his MCU outfit will be modernized or overdesigned to a degree. Given how much they like to milk Iron Man-esque designs and tie everything back to Tony in the MCU, I can see them going the Infamous Iron Man route.
infamous-iron-man.jpg

I actually even like the look, but I'm a purist. Doctor Doom is like classic Spider-Man to me; the classic design is just iconic and timeless and I need that version on-screen to be fully satisfied. If we're lucky, they'll keep that base and the added panel lines and flourishes will be kept to a minimum. I've seen a few takes on that that worked well enough.
acaabca1583d037b3930139c1f639e43.png

907p4bv6y4v51.jpg

I actually think the first three Fantastic Four movies had okay Doom designs. Didn’t love them, but didn't despise them. They can make him look 100% comic accurate in the MCU and it'll all be for naught if Doom isn't portrayed correctly. THAT I haven't seen on-film yet.

new-avengers-doom-speech.png

This figure at least fits the classic mold nearly perfectly. If I get it, I'll probably touch it up with some weathering and chrome touch-ups, but I can already tell he'd fit right in with my PS4 Classic Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Make the throne a 5-piece hollow plastic we put together and I think the shipping price would drop significantly.

This version is exactly what I’d love to see in a movie. The right amount of magic and menace, just beautiful 👌🏾

….when you think about it, Doom has been “Doom” in every movie appearance for about 15 minutes, tops. Actors are vain by nature so we definitely AIN’T getting a “V for Vendetta” type situation in the MCU, as far as Doom is concerned 😬.

S-Hero updated their Instagram an hour ago to announce that pre-order had started for Doom.

They noted that the throne "will be announced later."

It may be an indication that they haven't finalised the material they'll use for production, or how it might be constructed, so can't put a price on it yet.

shero_toys

#Doom Monarch
Pre-order is opened now, please go to our retailers for more details.
Noticing: The throne is not included in this reservation, which will be announced later.

I have faith the MCU will get Doom right after Doom has been... not done well... the last four times...

That said, I too expect his MCU outfit will be modernized or overdesigned to a degree. Given how much they like to milk Iron Man-esque designs and tie everything back to Tony in the MCU, I can see them going the Infamous Iron Man route.
infamous-iron-man.jpg

I actually even like the look, but I'm a purist. Doctor Doom is like classic Spider-Man to me; the classic design is just iconic and timeless and I need that version on-screen to be fully satisfied. If we're lucky, they'll keep that base and the added panel lines and flourishes will be kept to a minimum. I've seen a few takes on that that worked well enough.

907p4bv6y4v51.jpg

I actually think the first three Fantastic Four movies had okay Doom designs. Did love them, but didn't despise them. They can make him look 100% comic accurate in the MCU and it'll all be for naught if Doom isn't portrayed correctly. THAT I haven't seen on-film yet.

new-avengers-doom-speech.png

This figure at least fits the classic mold nearly perfectly. If I get it, I'll probably touch it up with some weathering and chrome touch-ups, but I can already tell he'd fit right in with my PS4 Classic Spider-Man.
Since A6 "Secret Wars" seems to be the (Clown) Kang Show tackling just the Incursions, and Doom's now rumored to only have a cameo in the first FF flick, there's speculation that MCU Doom will be on a reverse journey, so to speak. I can easily see him appearing in his Infamous Iron Man get-up, as an up-and-coming revolutionary-turned-king "super-hero" who tags along on the side of the heroes in A5 & A6. He essentially starts off as the new Iron Man, maybe he could even hide his magical abillities, and then turns heel. You could give him his history with Reed, but play with it a bit by bypassing the explosion and just having them as rivals in college. So he turns up, they're forced to work together, and he plays up this image of a good guy and everything, but at the last minute he attempts a power grab after Kang's been defeated, and he walks away of the two-parter firmly as a villain, transitioning into the classic Doom we know, his face all scarred now, and being set up as THE Big Bad. I can see them splitting Secret Wars in two. This time they'll do the Incursions and bring back the older casts, and then in about a decade they can do the full blown Cosmic Abstracts and Beyonders side of the story.

It's wishful thinking in a way. I don't want to think that they'll waste all of the Celestial/Beyonder/etc stuff on Clown Kang, and then Doom will just be a schmuck running around trying to merely conquer the world. They very obviously can't do 2015 SW properly now, and they're focusing on the Multiversal stuff, so bringing in the Beyonders and everything could potentially be too much. So the FF and Doom are more on the backburner for the time being and in the following 2-3 phases they get to built them up until they do it properly and go out with a bang. If they've done Multiversal collapse, the only way higher is to literally battle God. And then they can reboot. The question is if people like Cumberbatch and the such will stick around for that. Getting Doom without a single Strange interaction would be pretty awful. Then there's the question of how the X-Men fit into all that, as they're pretty much their own corner and rarely get involved in any of these stories. I guess they could squeeze through their best hits in the coming decade or so, then tie in the Phoenix with the Abstracts, and there you have it.

PS: I really liked that MUA3 design. It's sleek, keeps the same colour scheme, looks more realistic, and adds just the right amount of detail and flair.

Personally I love the Renaissance aesthetics and think Doom should lean there. They're the perfect mix for him. Maybe that's because I want to see the MCU use Hickman's Shield stuff, and that mini had a huge Renaissance flair.

SHIELD+1.1+Galactus+in+Ancient+Italy.png

I generally need to see Hickman's FF stuff get adapted. First we need to get a proper Galactus film, but you get my point. A Shield mini-series with Da Vinci, Galileo, Tesla, etc, with Nathaniel & Howard as our entry into that world, would be absolutely fantastic.

Personally I love the Renaissance aesthetics and think Doom should lean there. They're the perfect mix for him. Maybe that's because I want to see the MCU use Hickman's Shield stuff, and that mini had a huge Renaissance flair.

SHIELD+1.1+Galactus+in+Ancient+Italy.png

I generally need to see Hickman's FF stuff get adapted. First we need to get a proper Galactus film, but you get my point. A Shield mini-series with Da Vinci, Galileo, Tesla, etc, with Nathaniel & Howard as our entry into that world, would be absolutely fantastic.

That reminded me of the Marvel '1602' series.

Marvel 1602 - Fantastick Four 002-000.jpg
Marvel 1602 - Fantastick Four 002-006.jpg
Marvel 1602-050.jpg

Though the S-Hero figure with its highly decorated armour, copied as it is from the Sideshow Legendary Scale, is even more fitting to the Renaissance than the 1602 interpretations.

That reminded me of the Marvel '1602' series.

View attachment 607379View attachment 607380View attachment 607381

Though the S-Hero figure with its highly decorated armour, copied as it is from the Sideshow Legendary Scale, is even more fitting to the Renaissance than the 1602 interpretations.
Good call, I remember that series. Black Widow tried to get with him and he threw her off a flying ship. Kind of weird that they swapped names between him and Ock though. Doom being named "Victor" is fitting. I liked it when in the Children's Crusade he "went good" and then instead of his usual "DOOM is here!" ranting he went with "Victor".

tumblr_m0vlhuKilG1qewl6m.jpg
00d6046da8f1f4bb65a19b33fc73ee85b690598b.pnj

*5 minutes later*

000ch1tw

Ah, classic Doom! I've said it before, and I'll say it again; "misunderstood hero" Doom doesn't work. Magnificent operatic bastard (who sometimes, maybe, does something kinda heroic) is the only Doom I'll ever accept.

Good call, I remember that series. Black Widow tried to get with him and he threw her off a flying ship. Kind of weird that they swapped names between him and Ock though. Doom being named "Victor" is fitting. I liked it when in the Children's Crusade he "went good" and then instead of his usual "DOOM is here!" ranting he went with "Victor".

tumblr_m0vlhuKilG1qewl6m.jpg
00d6046da8f1f4bb65a19b33fc73ee85b690598b.pnj

*5 minutes later*

000ch1tw

Ah, classic Doom! I've said it before, and I'll say it again; "misunderstood hero" Doom doesn't work. Magnificent operatic bastard is the only Doom I'll ever accept.

I looked through the 1602 series out of curiosity a few years ago but didn't follow the story closely.

Victor is a fitting name, bringing to mind Victor Frankenstein and his magical science.

Whenever I think of Doctor Doom I think of his castle and the medieval-like Doomstadt. I remember reading comics that were quite atmospheric with their imagery, but finding those stories again isn't easy.

For the figure I'm seeing him in the 1930s or 1940s in a Red Skull type of role - a mastermind in league with the Nazis. Though it's going to be interesting seeing him alongside all kinds of figures.

Oh, and thinking about it, I might finally have a use for the wartime First Avenger Captain America - which I originally got to go with Indiana Jones. A union that didn't last long.

I looked through the 1602 series out of curiosity a few years ago but didn't follow the story closely.

Victor is a fitting name, bringing to mind Victor Frankenstein and his magical science.

Whenever I think of Doctor Doom I think of his castle and the medieval-like Doomstadt. I remember reading comics that were quite atmospheric with their imagery, but finding those stories again isn't easy.

For the figure I'm seeing him in the 1930s or 1940s in a Red Skull type of role - a mastermind in league with the Nazis. Though it's going to be interesting seeing him alongside all kinds of figures.

Oh, and thinking about it, I might finally have a use for the wartime First Avenger Captain America - which I originally got to go with Indiana Jones. A union that didn't last long.
Not that it matters for any displays, but I always liked that Doom had a pretty strong code, and as a Romani child he DESPISED the Nazis. He was always very much a "do the right thing for the wrong reasons, then the wrong thing for the right reasons" type. Still, I will never tire of a well-written Doom that respects his opponents he deems worthy.
248c1d9d0c45b6aa-600x338.jpg

3578b85c5696e13cbe857409b3ce6549.jpg

Not that it matters for any displays, but I always liked that Doom had a pretty strong code, and as a Romani child he DESPISED the Nazis. He was always very much a "do the right thing for the wrong reasons, then the wrong thing for the right reasons" type. Still, I will never tire of a well-written Doom that respects his opponents he deems worthy.
248c1d9d0c45b6aa-600x338.jpg

3578b85c5696e13cbe857409b3ce6549.jpg

There is that, and it's quite a big 'that' for the character.

I can't get Doomstadt/Wolfenstein and weird Nazi science out of my head. Googling Doctor Doom and Nazis brought up this story and its eventual retcon:

https://www.cbr.com/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-doctor-doom-worked-for-hitler/

They're connected to DAFTOYS, along with Bee Toys and Yan Toys.

DAF is a group that also comprised Mars/Saturn, though that arrangement may now have changed.
Any idea on their quality?

Any idea on their quality?

I've got DAF's Batman Begins Scarecrow which is good. The body in particular was good quality and of a type I haven't seen before, though too tall for the character.

DAF have released quite a few figures so there should be plenty of reviews.

However, these companies operate in mysterious ways. Different brand names to avoid detection, maybe under one umbrella, maybe separate but co-operating, and with teams of artists coming together for certain projects. You never know quite what you're going to get, but only the ballpark of what to expect.

Back