1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately no delivery for me today. Not even an update since Saturday. We'll see what tomorrow brings

You'll open the front door in the morning and . . .

the martian GIF

Has anyone got a shipping notice from TNS yet? I paid the balance off on this almost a week ago and never heard anything back after.

Has anyone got a shipping notice from TNS yet? I paid the balance off on this almost a week ago and never heard anything back after.
TNS service is ridiculous compared to OSK or Giantoy. Last time (July) it took really long to get the tracking, then box came damaged with accessory missing, and I'm still waiting for a resolution (every week is, 'we need a week more').
Last time I bought anything from them...

TNS service is ridiculous compared to OSK or Giantoy. Last time (July) it took really long to get the tracking, then box came damaged with accessory missing, and I'm still waiting for a resolution (every week is, 'we need a week more').
Last time I bought anything from them...
I bought the full GB set from them years ago. The guy was so rude. Never again.

My Watney is now scheduled for Thursday morning delivery.

I've not been this pumped to receive a figure in years.

Last edited:
I have the Dark Toys Max figure awaiting shipment from TNS. I ordered it over the weekend (Aug 19th) so I'm not worried yet.

I did order another figure in May and it shipped out quickly and arrived in perfect shape.

Matt Damon Surprise GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

Ridley Scott Nyff 2015 GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

Straight out of the box, mine appears to be standing with one leg longer than the other, so I need to look at that.

I'll take some good posed pictures next week, but I'm not much good at photos.

Hope everyone else's have also arrived or will arrive very soon.

Last edited:
Matt Damon Surprise GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

Ridley Scott Nyff 2015 GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

View attachment 658127
View attachment 658128
View attachment 658129

Straight out of the box, mine appears to be standing with one leg longer than the other, so I need to look at that.

I'll take some good posed pictures next week, but I'n not much good at photos.

Hope everyone else's have also arrived or will arrive very soon.
How exciting!

So is the build and paint quality fairly good then? Does he come with the line of rope seen in the previous pics or is that an add on? Whatever the case, its a nice detail.

Have fun!

How exciting!

So is the build and paint quality fairly good then? Does he come with the line of rope seen in the previous pics or is that an add on? Whatever the case, its a nice detail.

Have fun!
Build - good - apart from mine having one leg longer than the other. A minor fix, I suppose.

Paint - good overall - very small amount of weathering. Nice detail.

Mine has a strap buckle that has come unglued. No biggie.

Helmet - bad - as expected. Some nice details though.

HS - Bearded one is okay(ish). I don't see Matt Damon in either of them though.

Some poor quality closeups under a direct working light. So take these with a grain of salt - warts n' all.

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6231.jpg

Back of the boots are a bit odd. Need to check originals.

Boots in general are painted badly.

IMG_6232.jpg

Very minor weathering on his butt, for some reason :lol

Guess it's from when he sat on that rock.

IMG_6233.jpg

Unglued buckle:

IMG_6234.jpg

No rope. Which was expected. He used his "lucky cable" in the book for most jobs.

Oh, and @Wor-Gar The suit has panels, to an extent, with fabric and plastic used.

The circuits part of his crotch are even raised lines, which were just printed in the movie :)

Pictures don't do it justice. It's incredible in hand and so many details on his suit.

Make sure to buy 303, if you haven't got it. This figure will definitely need it.

Last edited:
Ok, spill the beans on the Sojourner. Is it 1/6 scale and if so, where did you get it?
Yep. 1/6. I used NASA's dimensions to scale properly. 3D printed it a while ago, and painted it. He's been waiting for Watney.

The model isn't 100% accurate, but a good stand in until I can figure out something better. I'll add a lot more accuracy to their model, if I can be bothered.

Last edited:
Excellent job!

Please let me know if you will offer these for sale (unpainted). If not, where can the 3D plans be acquired. I've got a bud with a 3D printer(s) that could help me out. Thanks!
You'll need a medium format resin (not FDM) printer like an Elegoo Saturn or similar. I printed it all on one plate @ 260% of this model. That brings it close to 1/6 of NASA's dimensions.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4932426
I will be adding more detail to this person's model - like bolts etc and new brackets, and will post the model files here when I get the chance.

@HAL9000 - thanks for posting these images so quickly.
Counting down the sols for mine to arrive.
I'm biased because I love the book and movie, but I think this has to be one of the greatest figures I own. The detail is incredible.

Some parts aren't accurate, but all is a great base for tinkering.

I'll also be looking at the helmet in the coming weeks, and will provide instructions on how to improve it - files for printers etc - for those who are interested.

I've already taken some of it apart :lol

Back