1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boots are done, drilled and painted to perfection. They were trickier than I thought. It took several layers to make them look brown, red, black, and like worn leather all at the same time. But, hey, it's me.

Pics later.

Pics MEOW.

Fine then!

BuffBoots.jpg

LegsBoots.jpg

Boots.jpg

Boots2.jpg

Toes.jpg

Wow...those looks fantastic! And here I had convinced myself the Newlines were fine. Were you able to Hollow out the boot or did you have to saw off the TT legs?

I hollowed it out deep enough to get the lower legs all the way down without the feet and pegs attached. They fit pretty snug and stay on all right. With the pants they should be even tighter, but I'll probably still glue the 'ankles' into the boots in the end.

Thanks for the compliments again. It was a pleasure doing these for this project. PM me for paint up interest.

Old Grandpa, I got your PM.

Just when I was happy with the paint job I did on my boots.

Oh well... back to the drawing board.

I have to admit, I had to start over at one point because the most obvious way didn't work for me on these.

It's all about layers of transparency, light to dark. That's all I'm going give ya.

Weathering Anzik's base is next, but I'm going to wait on the rest of the clothes first, so the base doesn't sit around and collect dust.

I'll send out the pants and shirt tomorrow since they are done. I can send out the suspenders when I get the parts.

Edit:Nevermind... I need the pants for fitting. I'm on the ball right now

Last edited:
Alright jou guys, those of you who wanted me to drill and paint your Mal boots, they're done. Expect emails from me soon.

To put them on, just remove the foot and pegs from your Truetype bodies and shove the lower legs down into the boots. They should fit pretty snug at the bottom, and at the top with paints on. Just don't shove too hard and break something.

4setsofboots.jpg

They look amazing Nathan! The final nagging piece of my Mal! :yess: Now I'll be 100% happy with him.

Back