1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cart update: All current mine cart buckets are fully built and I'll be making a start on the frames tomorrow.

Buffer update: I've also completed the 1st casting of the new buffer today and I can say I'm extremely pleased with the result.

Dio base update: 1st (original) display base will be with its new owner very soon (Marty, I will contact you personally with the tracking details my friend)
Experiencing some issues with the ridiculous shipping charges from here in the UK especially to US & Aus
We've discovered that trying to send anything over 2kg nationally sends the UK postal service into total meltdown lol
We'll figure out a solution and keep you all updated with progress

Thanks Jas

Suggestion for a project-

The suit vault from Batman '89!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sallah

The mine cart.... is now MINE cart. :)

Deposit made. Super excited to get Indy in this! Amazing project, amazingly executed... Fine work fellas!

Sallah

The mine cart.... is now MINE cart. :)

Deposit made. Super excited to get Indy in this! Amazing project, amazingly executed... Fine work fellas!

Sallah

Congrats Sallah and received with thanks.

Started the resin casting of the buffer end stops & track sleepers today chaps, whilst waiting on materials to make a start on the cart frames.
Also managed to get all of the front lantern bodies machined today :yess:

A quick update on progress.
All of the buffers are now cast and the materials I've been waiting for have finally been delivered, so I can now get cracking on finishing the Indy carts ready for Pete to work his magic.

This'll give me some much needed work space to figure out how to reduce the weight of the Cart Dio bases as £90 GBP shipping to the US is just ridiculous.

PS: made a start on the 1:6 Star Wars 'bridge swing' scene diorama whilst waiting for materials, and must say its already looking pretty awesome :yess:

Next update coming soon
Jas

Update:
Ok all, more resin delivered enabling me to get moving on casting the frame components & wheels ready to start assembly in the next few days.

Cheers Jas

Update:
All casting for the frames, wheels and a few other bits are now complete, final assembly will start tomorrow.
I'm hoping to have all the frames together by the end of the week, then I'll make a start on the detailing.

Thanks Jas

Major image update, a very busy work station at the min.
Once the carts, buffers, Indy TLC Fireplace the Star Wars (bridge swing) builds are completed and on there way to Pete's I'll make a start on the lava track dio's. (I've left these till last as they need some serious reworking to reduce the weight by 50% - 2.2kg)

If all goes to plan another week and I'll have these carts fully built and ready for the trip to Pete's for him to work his magic.
Will keep you posted guys

That looks awesome. Looks like Indy and Willy will also get to have a swing across a chasm.

A little bit of an update, been working behind the scenes this week and altered a few parts that I wasn't 100% happy with. I decided to create all new moulds to improve the strength of the bucket end rails and the lower frame bumper detailing following a couple of unexpected breakages. Which has put me back a few days, but will be worth the slight delay as the end product and quality of finish is a vast improvement.

Also made a start on casting the sleepers for the display stand today so things are going together really well with an estimated completion time of around 7days with the the delay, then off to Pete's.

Thanks Jas

Back