1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking that Waruna is one of the first to get the Raiders hat right from all angles. A lot of others look a bit stovepipe to me. The height from front to back at the top of the crown is where most fall down. When viewed from the front it looks tall and so others make the rest of it as tall. The difference comes when the hat is viewed from the side and you see that the crown isn't as tall as the front aspect makes it look. Waruna has clearly looked at the hat from all angles and has made the hat the correct shape all round.

I've all but given up on 1/6 Indy, the Figuarts will be my final and definitive Indy

Wor Gar are you going for neck or neckless?
I tend to prefer the neck version.

I like my HT ANH and Solo bodies for Indy so I'll go neckless and just pop the Waruna head on.

I'm not sure how the extended chest portion will work. As much as I love the Adam's apple of the sculpted neck, I won't be able to turn the head slightly to one side without the entire chest piece moving with it.... and also say goodbye to any slight tilt of the head. That said, if your Indy is looking dead straight ahead, then the extended neck/torso is likely a great choice.

Some sculpts I've put on the ANH Han body I couldn't move other than just how high or low it sits on the neck and rotating -- Jnix for example couldn't look down or up or tilt any. Always found that a bit frustrating but decided to try one of the Waruna chest/necked sculpts in the end, had to see it in person.

Nice to eliminate the seam and necks that don't quite fit (girth, taper, etc) but also just look forward to not having to match the paint to a specific body as even sculpts painted to a body aren't always that close.

That said, I'm still skeptical given all the loss in articulation, seems like only a few degrees in either direction would be feasible. Might be more of a statue Indy.

Standing tall, looking straight ahead, coiling his whip, legs apart, determined... that's a great pose for Indiana Jones and the perfect one for Waruna's sculpt with the neck/torso included.

But if you are going for any kind of action pose -- to bend the knees at all, and have to crouch his back for balance, then you'll have problems raising that head up without puffing out his chest.

That said, the majority of my poses are straight museum poses... so the included neck/torso would likely be fine for my display. I'm eager to see Waruna's paintwork and hope he shows the full figure when finished so we can see how best to use that torso piece.

I wish Waruna would offer a 3rd choice: neckless head but with a separate neck piece with sculpted Adam's apple.

Standing tall, looking straight ahead, coiling his whip, legs apart, determined... that's a great pose for Indiana Jones and the perfect one for Waruna's sculpt with the neck/torso included.

But if you are going for any kind of action pose -- to bend the knees at all, and have to crouch his back for balance, then you'll have problems raising that head up without puffing out his chest.

That said, the majority of my poses are straight museum poses... so the included neck/torso would likely be fine for my display. I'm eager to see Waruna's paintwork and hope he shows the full figure when finished so we can see how best to use that torso piece.

I wish Waruna would offer a 3rd choice: neckless head but with a separate neck piece with sculpted Adam's apple.
That's a great idea. Do you mean a full chest piece? Or just what he has shown but not connected. Would solve the paint matching issue

Yeah, basically like a traditional HT I suppose -- separate head for articulation but then a separate neck that is sculpt like a real neck and including Ford's prominent Adam's apple. The two-piece option would allow you to move the head a bit without the entire chest moving with it.

I'll go ahead and drop Waruna a PM on the other site.

I like my HT ANH and Solo bodies for Indy so I'll go neckless and just pop the Waruna head on.

I'm not sure how the extended chest portion will work. As much as I love the Adam's apple of the sculpted neck, I won't be able to turn the head slightly to one side without the entire chest piece moving with it.... and also say goodbye to any slight tilt of the head. That said, if your Indy is looking dead straight ahead, then the extended neck/torso is likely a great choice.
I’m with you Wor-Gar, I like the HT ANH and Solo story bodies for Indy. Will definitely need the Waruna neckless. Hoping I can get James to paint it, he’s painting my Crusade and TOD sculpts I’ve ordered from Stian.

Yea I’ll have the sculpt on the HT ANH Han body so neckless for me as well. I understand the desire for those necked sculpted but I just really don’t like how they prohibit any articulation up there. At thought you basically have “power pose” figure which then I’d just get a statue.

New Arnie Kim shots of his 1/6 (looks to be a scaled down version of his 1/4 scale)

065EE31E-C86F-4E21-83EA-B2A6BEEF5E0D.jpeg
3F451FD0-C88A-4C27-9C55-91AB6C5132A1.jpeg
ED3F2612-F7D8-4499-AF2D-E02EF835FBD9.jpeg

Some sculpts I've put on the ANH Han body I couldn't move other than just how high or low it sits on the neck and rotating -- Jnix for example couldn't look down or up or tilt any. Always found that a bit frustrating but decided to try one of the Waruna chest/necked sculpts in the end, had to see it in person.

Nice to eliminate the seam and necks that don't quite fit (girth, taper, etc) but also just look forward to not having to match the paint to a specific body as even sculpts painted to a body aren't always that close.

That said, I'm still skeptical given all the loss in articulation, seems like only a few degrees in either direction would be feasible. Might be more of a statue Indy.

i had a little back and forth with waruna yesterday, suggested a slight head turn on the sculpted neck. we’ll see!!
Imagine a indy headsculpt set with 3 heads that look straight, left, and right

Yeah, I followed up with Waruna myself regarding the separated neck option. He got right back to me and said he would look into how to achieve that. He seems like a really nice guy. Talented as all get out too.

So hopefully, maybe, there might be a 3rd Option before this goes up for order. In any event, I'll be getting at least one neckless version.

I also suggested to waruna a more articulated full neck version. I asked if it can be used on the newer world box bodies, we'll see how it goes.
00-01-528x668.jpg
45bb9b6f-41a4-4d11-a527-9eb812887c06.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how this works as I haven't had a sculpt with a neck/chest piece like this. I'm assuming the worldbox chest piece would need to be dremeled down to make space for the custom neck/chest piece? Doesn't seem like it could feasibly lay on top without looking bulky.

I'm still trying to figure out how this works as I haven't had a sculpt with a neck/chest piece like this. I'm assuming the worldbox chest piece would need to be dremeled down to make space for the custom neck/chest piece? Doesn't seem like it could feasibly lay on top without looking bulky.
I asked him if he can do one without the chest and keep the neck.
Screenshot_20231111_184815_Instagram.jpg

How high do you have Indy's shirt buttoned up?
Judging by how SC shirt looks If it's just barely shows the clavicle then it won't be to bad. But I also don't mind the neck seem to show as long as it's not super noticeable.

That's definitely a recipe for old Sideshow neck. That would be terrible IMO
Honestly wish there was an actual body with neck that was specifically made to ford's actual build. Though I suggested the neck could be like how Gesus made it with just the clavicle showing. And again the SC shirt doesn't look like it will show much chest
Screenshot_20231115_180353_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230913_150515_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Back