1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow those look awesome, especially the hat texturing . What does he charge for a paint up? I'm fine with the SS TOD paint but maybe done the road it's something I would consider? What improvements have you made on you TOD Indy thus far?

Complete rebuild from the ground up. Your current figure is totally unacceptable. Let's get you into customizing. Come along...

Wow those look awesome, especially the hat texturing . What does he charge for a paint up? I'm fine with the SS TOD paint but maybe done the road it's something I would consider? What improvements have you made on you TOD Indy thus far?
I honestly don't know how much he charges but I'm hopeful it's not as much as some of the other painters and maybe in the more reasonable range 😅

As for SS TOD Indy Mods:
  • Head-Dremeled and hand sanded the top of the head to make it a smoother surface, and painted it dark brown to match the rest of the hair paint. Then, dremeled and hand sanded the underside of the hair piece as thin as possible so it sits lower and more flush with the headsculpt to minimize the gap/seam around the head as much as possible. I also dremeled out some of the inside of the head at the hole for the neck, so it can sit lower on the SS body as I felt it was sitting much too high. I think I need to do a little more though as it's a tight fit still and rubbing the paint off on the neck around the adam's apple. I'm just waiting in case I decide to go with a different body eventually that may not require such a large opening for the neck.
  • Hat- It seemed to be too tight a fit causing it to push out all around at the crown making the hat look even more odd, plus the magnets seemed like they weren't really connecting. So I dremeled and hand sanded out the interior of the hat as much as possible and now it attaches just fine with the magnet really catching. No matter how old I get, I think I will always enjoy that click magnets make *sigh* simpler times. I also replaced the Sideshow magnets with some stronger ones of the same size on the hat, head and hair piece. I repainted the hat slightly just to cover up any scuffs from the dremeling. Since I had a feeling I would get the whole thing repainted, didn't want to spend too much time on it.
  • Gunbelt- For the stock gunbelt, I adjusted the area where the strap wraps through the buckle so that it sits more flush rather than sort of bulbus bulk it had where the buckle tongue pokes through. Then there's the custom gun belt I recently made to replace the stock one.
  • Shirt-replaced all the glued on studs with handsewn buttons. I will replace those new buttons with the even newer ones from the HT DoD Indy if I can as I think they will scale better than the ones I currently put on there. The smallest I could find available were 3mm buttons but 2.5-2mm would be ideal for this scale. Or, I just may replace the entire shirt with the HT DoD Indy shirt and customize it as necessary to match the TOD look. Pretty sure the cut n sew of the new HT will be nicer than that of the Sideshow.
  • Pants - added handsewn buttons to the back pockets even though you will never see them :lol I may replace the pants as well with the DoD Indy pants as they look to match in color and will probably have a better cut n sew.
  • Web belt - added the metal tip at the end of the strap, but the buckle is the same.
  • Machete-currently in the process of chroming the blade to be more accurate to the movie. I put the initial black gloss primer coat on this afternoon. I'm hopeful to have it completely done by the weekend
  • Whip-I haven't got it yet, but I intend to get one of Emilio's TOD and Raiders whips from the FB Indy group sometime early next year. He appears to have gotten much better and more accurate than when he first started making whips. They seem to be nice enough upgrades over the stock whips we have without breaking the bank of the Joe Strain or Vigilante Customs whips.
I'm still looking for a better body to use. I know a lot of ppl like the JX01 but I don't like the shape of the chest for Ford; and I wish it had more definition in the arms, particularly the biceps as Ford's arms were pretty toned and had the noticeable bicep vein popping out. the ANH Han body has good sculpted arms but they don't look large enough in terms of bulk and the SS TOD head can't fit the neck of that body anyway unfortunately. Whatever body I end up choosing, I'll have the painter also paint the exposed knee just so it doesn't look like bare plastic there and have some sort of detail.

The other problem I have is more to do with Sideshow's manufacturing of the figure itself. Maybe it's just my copy, but I've found that the skin-tone paint apps don't really match up across the entire figure. The headsculpt paint is different than the neck/chest which is different than the arms which is then different than the paint on all the hands. And the plastic color of the wrist joints don't really match the paint on the hands or the paint on the arms. It's all so mismatched which drives me bananas.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of indy's brother, Oklahoma Jones. :LOL:
He also likes leather jackets, but different from his bigger brother.

t21vaN1h.jpg

0Z4YjxAh.jpg

Hope that made you smile and have a nice day guys :)

I honestly don't know how much he charges but I'm hopeful it's not as much as some of the other painters and maybe in the more reasonable range 😅

As for SS TOD Indy Mods:
  • Head-Dremeled and hand sanded the top of the head to make it a smoother surface, and painted it dark brown to match the rest of the hair paint. Then, dremeled and hand sanded the underside of the hair piece as thin as possible so it sits lower and more flush with the headsculpt to minimize the gap/seam around the head as much as possible. I also dremeled out some of the inside of the head at the hole for the neck, so it can sit lower on the SS body as I felt it was sitting much too high. I think I need to do a little more though as it's a tight fit still and rubbing the paint off on the neck around the adam's apple. I'm just waiting in case I decide to go with a different body eventually that may not require such a large opening for the neck.
  • Hat- It seemed to be too tight a fit causing it to push out all around at the crown making the hat look even more odd, plus the magnets seemed like they weren't really connecting. So I dremeled and hand sanded out the interior of the hat as much as possible and now it attaches just fine with the magnet really catching. No matter how old I get, I think I will always enjoy that click magnets make *sigh* simpler times. I also replaced the Sideshow magnets with some stronger ones of the same size on the hat, head and hair piece. I repainted the hat slightly just to cover up any scuffs from the dremeling. Since I had a feeling I would get the whole thing repainted, didn't want to spend too much time on it.
  • Gunbelt- For the stock gunbelt, I adjusted the area where the strap wraps through the buckle so that it sits more flush rather than sort of bulbus bulk it had where the buckle tongue pokes through. Then there's the custom gun belt I recently made to replace the stock one.
  • Shirt-replaced all the glued on studs with handsewn buttons. I will replace those new buttons with the even newer ones from the HT DoD Indy if I can as I think they will scale better than the ones I currently put on there. The smallest I could find available were 3mm buttons but 2.5-2mm would be ideal for this scale. Or, I just may replace the entire shirt with the HT DoD Indy shirt and customize it as necessary to match the TOD look. Pretty sure the cut n sew of the new HT will be nicer than that of the Sideshow.
  • Pants - added handsewn buttons to the back pockets even though you will never see them :lol I may replace the pants as well with the DoD Indy pants as they look to match in color and will probably have a better cut n sew.
  • Web belt - added the metal tip at the end of the strap, but the buckle is the same.
  • Machete-currently in the process of chroming the blade to be more accurate to the movie. I put the initial black gloss primer coat on this afternoon. I'm hopeful to have it completely done by the weekend
  • Whip-I haven't got it yet, but I intend to get one of Emilio's TOD and Raiders whips from the FB Indy group sometime early next year. He appears to have gotten much better and more accurate than when he first started making whips. They seem to be nice enough upgrades over the stock whips we have without breaking the bank of the Joe Strain or Vigilante Customs whips.
I'm still looking for a better body to use. I know a lot of ppl like the JX01 but I don't like the shape of the chest for Ford; and I wish it had more definition in the arms, particularly the biceps as Ford's arms were pretty toned and had the noticeable bicep vein popping out. the ANH Han body has good sculpted arms but they don't look large enough in terms of bulk and the SS TOD head can't fit the neck of that body anyway unfortunately. Whatever body I end up choosing, I'll have the painter also paint the exposed knee just so it doesn't look like bare plastic there and have some sort of detail.

The other problem I have is more to do with Sideshow's manufacturing of the figure itself. Maybe it's just my copy, but I've found that the skin-tone paint apps don't really match up across the entire figure. The headsculpt paint is different than the neck/chest which is different than the arms which is then different than the paint on all the hands. And the plastic color of the wrist joints don't really match the paint on the hands or the paint on the arms. It's all so mismatched which drives me bananas.
That made my head hurt ! LOL! I just use a weathered DX 5 hat , I replaced the gunbelt , holster and bag strap with leather pieces from MFisher , TON TON and Old World Traveler , and replaced the whip with Emlilo's , I have all three actually and they are all top notch . The only other thing I am consider is dremmeling down the neck peg a bit so the head sits a little lower but have never used a dremmel so I am a little weary about doing it.

That made my head hurt ! LOL! I just use a weathered DX 5 hat , I replaced the gunbelt , holster and bag strap with leather pieces from MFisher , TON TON and Old World Traveler , and replaced the whip with Emlilo's , I have all three actually and they are all top notch . The only other thing I am consider is dremmeling down the neck peg a bit so the head sits a little lower but have never used a dremmel so I am a little weary about doing it.
Haha - yea, I sorta realized after the fact that maybe I went into way more detail than you were really asking for 😅

Sounds like you got quite a bit of custom parts yourself! Nice to hear about Emilio's whips as well. They look really good and it's my understanding they aren't too expensive either.

Speaking of the bag- I did forget to mention that I also replaced the strap and buckle with something more accurate and also have one of TonTon's glowing bags which is so cool!

I would maybe practice on a cheap throw away head when it comes to the dremel just so you can get a feel for how much speed you need and how much force you need to apply before hacking away at the original TOD sculpt. If you don't have a random spare sculpt to work on, you could always buy one of the cheaper recasts of the Sideshow TOD sculpt from eBay that way you'll pretty much have a copy to mess with but still see how it would work out and look.

Last edited:
Haha - yea, I sorta realized after the fact that maybe I went into way more detail than you were really asking for 😅

Sounds like you got quite a bit of custom parts yourself! Nice to hear about Emilio's whips as well. They look really good and it's my understanding they aren't too expensive either.

Speaking of the bag- I did forget to mention that I also replaced the strap and buckle with something more accurate and also have one of TonTon's glowing bags which is so cool!

I would maybe practice on a cheap throw away head when it comes to the dremel just so you can get a feel for how much speed you need and how much force you need to apply before hacking away at the original TOD sculpt. If you don't have a random spare sculpt to work on, you could always buy one of the cheaper recasts of the Sideshow TOD sculpt from eBay that way you'll pretty much have a copy to mess with but still see how it would work out and look.
A friend of mine just dremmeled down the neck peg itself and it sat pretty well . I have the asmuss Ash body I can practice on since I use a JX 1 body for the figure itself and the body is hot garbage. I wouldn't mind seeing your figure , I posted a pic of mine in the TOD thread not too long ago. His whips with shipping and fees run about $70 USD and are worth it . His TOD whip even has the reddish tint to that was seen in the movie. I will try to post a pic later.

James does some great work!

I'm thinking of getting my Andre Raiders sculpt and the Sideshow TOD sculpt painted up by OneSixthVisage in the US. I also love the texture he puts on the hats. I'll probably send him whatever body I intend to use as well so he can match skin tones.

View attachment 673213

View attachment 673214
View attachment 673215
I reached out to onesixthvisage on IG and he seemed okay, but he stopped replying, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get him to paint the sculpt. Last thing he asked was if I had the sculpt in hand and I said yes.

Unfortunately, James Rohrbaugh is not accepting commissions at this time.

I reached out to onesixthvisage on IG and he seemed okay, but he stopped replying, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get him to paint the sculpt. Last thing he asked was if I had the sculpt in hand and I said yes.

Unfortunately, James Rohrbaugh is not accepting commissions at this time.
Thanks for the insight. Sorry to hear that. I’ve never asked him directly, only showed interest through commenting on his posts and he always replied fairly quickly.

For those not on FB, here are some early prints of WW’s sculpt

IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

A friend of mine just dremmeled down the neck peg itself and it sat pretty well .
ahh are you meaning they dremeled the sculpted neck itself? At the end of the day, whatever works for the individual is always best. There’s usually no one right way to go about these things thankfully

I wouldn't mind seeing your figure , I posted a pic of mine in the TOD thread not too long ago. His whips with shipping and fees run about $70 USD and are worth it . His TOD whip even has the reddish tint to that was seen in the movie. I will try to post a pic later.

I'll post a pic when it's all said and done. At least done enough prior to repainting. Right now, it would more or less look stock aside from the lower neck and maybe the way the hat fits.

And I completely forgot that was yours in the TOD thread. Looks good specially with the DX05 hat.

Last edited:
For those not on FB, here are some early prints of WW’s sculpt

View attachment 673595
View attachment 673597

ahh are you meaning they dremeled the sculpted neck itself? At the end of the day, whatever works for the individual is always best. There’s usually no one right way to go about these things thankfully

I'll post a pic when it's all said and done. At least done enough prior to repainting. Right now, it would more or less look stock aside from the lower neck and maybe the way the hat fits.

And I completely forgot that was yours in the TOD thread. Looks good specially with the DX05 hat.
Was talking about the peg part sticking out of the neck with the ball on top , he dremmeled about half of it off so it would sit lower. Thanks for the compliment on mine! I'm pretty happy with it overall aside from the neck but with the way I have the collar laying it helps.

Yep, I keep changing out my Prime Raiders Indy sculpt -- and it definitely looks like this new Waruna sculpt will be unseating my current Prime Indy head. It's always a game trying to decide which sculpt suits which version of Indy best (much like finding the best combination of clothing).

But I must say, of all the unpainted Indy sculpts I have seen, Waruna's really is the best yet. He seems to have captured the un-capturable.

Last edited:
the one that rules them all

Where are orders/payments to be done?

Wor Gar are you going for neck or neckless?
I tend to prefer the neck version.

Back