1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would be better to just trim the neck off the head and install the rubber slot for the neck peg.

have done it on the vts mad max. few guys also did it for other figures.

just go slow and sand off the excess and smoothen it. the area along the hair would protrude abit but not obvious facing forward.

There are a few decent custom sculpts without the hat: modified MJ, Jnix, Inigo, some people have converted the Sideshow TOD head as well. Inigo never came through with his v2 sculpt but I imagine Waruna will put one out eventually.

Some new shots of Waruna's Indy painted. Looks great but something about the shape of the eyes is maybe throwing it off just a bit for me.

15DE911B-F860-49B9-BC4C-61D148BE07FB.jpeg
F02AB4B3-D3E9-49F8-BC4D-CDC1376B37E6.jpeg
44756FE7-D16C-4360-A3E1-CB0E423BC9A9.jpeg

Some new shots of Waruna's Indy painted. Looks great but something about the shape of the eyes is maybe throwing it off just a bit for me.

View attachment 675391View attachment 675392View attachment 675393
Yeah something’s throwing me with it as well. I think the bottom shot without the hat he uploaded later looks a bit better, so I don’t know if he touched it up or if it just photographed better there. The hat also doesn’t look quite as good as the one from the test paint, not sure if it’s actually a different print or just looks different in those pictures.

A bit embarrassing to post after all those amazing shots of the next big custom sculpt, but I did get around to updating some of the colors on the Present Toys Indy. My paint skills are as amateur as they come lol but on the shelf I think the color contrast between hat/jacket/holster does improve it some.

Whether it’s enough to hold me over (possibly indefinitely?) for someone to give us a new official 1/6 Indy or a better third party effort, or if I’ll cave on the custom…TBD.

IMG_0768.jpeg

Ha, as a fun comparison this was one of my first photo posts to these forums which was the PT out of the box, pre-body swap and modification:

IMG_0801.jpeg

Last edited:
A bit embarrassing to post after all those amazing shots of the next big custom sculpt, but I did get around to updating some of the colors on the Present Toys Indy. My paint skills are as amateur as they come lol but on the shelf I think the color contrast between hat/jacket/holster does improve it some.

Whether it’s enough to hold me over (possibly indefinitely?) for someone to give us a new official 1/6 Indy or a better third party effort, or if I’ll cave on the custom…TBD.

View attachment 675521
Don't sell yourself short. That's a good looking Indy.

Don't sell yourself short. That's a good looking Indy.
Thank you @thedarkknight, that means a lot!

I’ve pretty much only done battle damage mods in the past so this was a bit of a stretch for me…always so nerve wracking taking a paint brush to these figures haha, even if it’s a subpar 3rd party one (though it does make it easier)! Fun too, though, especially getting to share and compare with other collectors!

View attachment 675521

Ha, as a fun comparison this was one of my first photo posts to these forums which was the PT out of the box, pre-body swap and modification:

View attachment 675539
Your updates look good! Indy is always an ongoing process !

View attachment 675521

View attachment 675539
Looks awesome to me, well done!

Back