1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new Gesus Indy shots on IG.
6E1C39AF-25B3-4CAA-B4DB-78111C15BDC2.jpeg
D2E7536E-F907-4759-BEEB-BD8BACCFF96D.jpeg
06134272-8377-43A0-9413-D772935B5EBB.jpeg
F7E49325-7A2F-4AAD-A34C-DF1820F7EE0D.jpeg
753DCC95-629C-4356-9FC5-FB191527112B.jpeg

realism is there, but I'd be lying if I didn't say something looked a little off to me in terms of likeness. Could just be the fact that I'm still "green" when it comes to Indy though :LOL:

Yep, looks pretty cool, but just a bit off. His nose looks big, almost out of scale with other features. One eye looks bigger than the other as well. The eye brow on his right side is painted kind of odd. Hat seems a bit rough

Also, out of curiosity, are you not able to articulate the head anymore? I've seen a lot of these higher end custom headsculpts with the whole neck and clavicle area sculpted as one piece and often wonder if you basically have a minimally articulated statue at that point? What other poses can you get if you can no longer really move the head anymore.

Also, out of curiosity, are you not able to articulate the head anymore? I've seen a lot of these higher end custom headsculpts with the whole neck and clavicle area sculpted as one piece and often wonder if you basically have a minimally articulated statue at that point? What other poses can you get if you can no longer really move the head anymore.
Was wondering that myself. It does look like it's all one piece, and I'm not sure if these types of bust/sculpts can just turn a few degrees in each direction or what. Haven't had anything like that in hand.

These are intended to be more of a museam piece for museam poses etc.

Was wondering that myself. It does look like it's all one piece, and I'm not sure if these types of bust/sculpts can just turn a few degrees in each direction or what. Haven't had anything like that in hand.
Yea seems like you're super limited in terms of posing. It's a cool concept but never being able to really move the head kind of sucks.
These are intended to be more of a museam piece for museam poses etc.
Makes sense. Sort of takes the fun out of having a 1/6 poseable figure though. I'm typically a museum poser myself, but being forced into a certain pose is a pet peeve of mine if I'm not buying a statue. But I guess no company is really making high end 1/6 statues currently, so it makes sense that customizers would take that into their own hands. Queen Studios has done very few - TDK Police Joker and TDKR Catwoman on bat-pod are the only ones I think. I honestly wouldn't mind if there were 1/6 mixed media high end statues on the market. These custom pieces at $800-$1000 just for a headsculpt at times is just killer for me though no matter how good they look.

I'd like to know how it attaches to a body?

If you're going to do a fixed neck like that, then, like the sculpt, it should be reflective of the character -- in this case, Ford had a more prominent Adam's apple, and he tended to angle his neck more forward in body posture.

If you're going to do a fixed neck like that, then, like the sculpt, it should be reflective of the character -- in this case, Ford had a more prominent Adam's apple, and he tended to angle his neck more forward in body posture.
Agreed.
Here is Andrea's Sculpt I'm waiting on with the same style sculpted neck/chest combo. Should have the proto any day now to check sizing and fit.
received_416369260505666.jpeg
received_615267013320327.jpeg
received_742338000211328.jpeg
received_455337706466749.jpeg
received_585557436391499.jpeg
received_631194531770712.jpeg
received_837484863905010.jpeg

Back