1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the higher risk of recasts these types of projects are becoming extremely exclusive. People need vetting to get on the run. As I was told with the Buffy run.
Thanks Joshua. I assume it's your close relationship with the likes of Nathan Eakins and Jacob Rahmier that get you on these lists?

Sounds like elitist bulls**t to me, but congrats to those of you deemed worthy of their attention!

I've really enjoyed building my Indy figures over these past several years. Upgrading a major part (sculpt, jacket) or relatively more minor part (gunbelt, satchel, whip) here and there has really been part of that fun.

In the beginning, I basically was just using the stock HT clothing or mix with SS pants and so each upgrade was an exciting improvement on that base figure. Then eventually the full Iris outfit happened and so the whole figure was kinda transformed when all those things came together.

I'm not sure I would find that same excitement signing up to pay a large amount of money for all those things at once.

The complete figure will blow us away, mind you, odds of that just seem really high. Has some amazing artists working on it so the craftsmanship is likely to be off the charts across the board. We've already seen some nice parts like the boots, gear, and now the sculpt.

It will be fun to see it completed, that's for sure, but at the moment I don't feel like I'm missing out.

You nailed it, TonTon. My Indy figure has been a work in progress for close to two decades! My original version is still here and on display in my son's room, as he really liked it. Just looking at it, that old phrase immediately comes to mind: "You've come a long way, baby!" :lol

Rocco sculpt, Mark Simpson paint, Full Metal Customs glasses. Doesn't get any better than this (in my opinion, anyway)!

View attachment 550808View attachment 550809

I WISH I had a similar Jones Sr. to display. Amazing, all around.

Thanks!

This was the money shot for me:
View attachment 550806

Heaplay did another Connery, but that looked like a bearded Patrick Stewart.

Another good looking Jones Sr.! It would be cool if one of the better 3rd party manufacturers were to jump in on the Indy figure line.
Would love to have newer quality versions of the following:

- Jones Sr.
- Sallah
- Marion
- Short Round
- Willie Scott
- Belloq
- Toht
- Airplane Mechanic
- Arab Swordsman (at the market)
- River Phoenix Indy
- Gen. Vogel
etc...

You nailed it, TonTon. My Indy figure has been a work in progress for close to two decades! My original version is still here and on display in my son's room, as he really liked it. Just looking at it, that old phrase immediately comes to mind: "You've come a long way, baby!" :lol

I WISH I had a similar Jones Sr. to display. Amazing, all around.
:lol

At some point the industry will move to miniature 1/6 animatronic figures that move and change poses with AI learning based on what the collector has taught their figure. :lol Our current crop of best figures will be the relics from the time of manual posing.

:lol

At some point the industry will move to miniature 1/6 animatronic figures that move and change poses with AI learning based on what the collector has taught their figure. :lol Our current crop of best figures will be the relics from the time of manual posing.
I've thought of that more than once. And the thought always makes me want to just stop collecting altogether. Because we are constantly chasing that carrot.

Gesus actually openly posted it on their Facebook page. It was up for order briefly and then as soon as it was filled (we’re talking hours here) it was removed and the private group set up for updates.

Yeah, like any eagerly sought project, you have to act fast... and the people with the right connections get in quick. You tell your friends. Life works much the same way.

Don't be mad, Peter... many of us ardent fans never even heard about it before it was long over, myself included.

That said, the Gesus project is probably the most anticipated custom running right now for me, out of curiosity sake. I'm so eager to see how a full Indiana Jones figure all comes together.

Gesus actually openly posted it on their Facebook page. It was up for order briefly and then as soon as it was filled (we’re talking hours here) it was removed and the private group set up for updates.
Thanks for clarifying, that's what I recall initially hearing as well. Very interested to see the final result, do you know the approximate delivery date by any chance? Mid-2022?

Yeah, like any eagerly sought project, you have to act fast... and the people with the right connections get in quick. You tell your friends. Life works much the same way.

Don't be mad, Peter... many of us ardent fans never even heard about it before it was long over, myself included.

That said, the Gesus project is probably the most anticipated custom running right now for me, out of curiosity sake. I'm so eager to see how a full Indiana Jones figure all comes together.

I actually just got lucky and happened to be on Facebook around the time gesus posted.

It is a rare opportunity and I'm very happy for you. I expect it will be an amazing Indiana Jones.

Thanks but I gave my spot up. (As in; back to Gesus as not transferable).

it will be THE Indy I truly believe, but I’m mostly out of the hobby now (yes yes I know I’ve said that before. 😂)

Last edited:
The Mina / Gesus Indy sculpt is an excellent one of Mr Ford but I can't help but feeling that it would be the perfect expression for an ESB Han Solo rather than Indy. I'm sure the outfit by Addblue will be fantastic, I've not seen him miss with anything he has tried before.

I did see Gesus' post on facebook and for a second considered it (before it almost immediately sold out) but I'm so invested in the time and thought I have put into my indy figure that at this point I just could not completely give up on it and replace it with a finished figure. Part of the fun of this journey has been tweaking it as I go along, swapping parts in and out and see what I like best.

I remember about 4 years ago I thought my raiders Indy was done, at the time he was an amalgamation of what I considered to be the very best that was available. I've since changed every part of him except his boots (which I hope to upgrade) and his belt (again one I have targeted for upgrade). Some of the parts I've sold but others will be passed down to TOD Indy and LC Indy.

Back