1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has to come a time when you just have to look at him and go 'Ok, enough! He's Indy!'. I almost got there with mine, but, I just wasn't prepared to spend the money to get him to where others would say "Nice Indy!". I have a plan for a vinyl kit and that should give me what I want without him looking like a clone of everyone else's.

The Indy customs have been the most tedious of all figures. This is the only one where we've had several outfits, accessories, and sculpts in order to make it as good as possible or at least as best we can get it. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, and just want to finish mine up so there is only a few things left to add, and I think I'm done. I'll be happy with it as long as I can say I'm satisfied with it albeit screen accurate or not.

That’s definitely a beautiful sculpt. The Ford likeness is pretty close to perfection. I saw it on IG before coming here and was floored.

The Indy customs have been the most tedious of all figures. This is the only one where we've had several outfits, accessories, and sculpts in order to make it as good as possible or at least as best we can get it. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, and just want to finish mine up so there is only a few things left to add, and I think I'm done. I'll be happy with it as long as I can say I'm satisfied with it albeit screen accurate or not.
I'm basically at this point for my Raiders Indy figs (hero and Cairo/poster) but still waiting for the Jagzz jacket to arrive to figure it all out for sure.

I don't think there's much for me to hunt down other than smaller upgrades like the DoggieDoc gear, and then eventually the StripedBox boots for one of the figures.

I'm still interested in what comes out though, and building some alternate figures like a Tuxedo Indy with the Inigo sculpt and your TLC run. A proper Marion one day would be amazing too.

I hear you there,

Whenever I'd show mine off people would say "Why don't you use...". Hold up, this is MY Indy, if I used everything you did, it'd look like YOURS! It defeats the object of it being a custom figure if it looks identical to what others have done. If I'm not allowed to put my stamp on my figure, then buhbye! If they're happy with their Indy, they should let me be happy with mine.

I'm basically at this point for my Raiders Indy figs (hero and Cairo/poster) but still waiting for the Jagzz jacket to arrive to figure it all out for sure.

I don't think there's much for me to hunt down other than smaller upgrades like the DoggieDoc gear, and then eventually the StripedBox boots for one of the figures.

I'm still interested in what comes out though, and building some alternate figures like a Tuxedo Indy with the Inigo sculpt and your TLC run. A proper Marion one day would be amazing too.
My plan (at the moment, subject to change without notice...) is to have a traditional "Raiders" Indy, a Map Room Indy and a TOD Indy.

The only way I would want a "Last Crusade" Indy would be if I could get a great looking Jones Sr.

I have same as Fly only I have a Cairo Indy rather than the Map Room Indy (which I never did put together from the DX05).

My "Raiders" Indy is rather dated at the moment as I have almost an entirely new outfit for him just waiting on my jagzz jacket for assembly. But as you guys have seen, my ToD Indy and Cairo Indy are all finished.

I've never cared personally for Indy with a tie so I've never considered Last Crusade; also the need then for Henry Sr. But I have a feeling once my Raiders Indy is finished I may reconsider Indy figures I once put off -- I mean, you have to be working on something, right?

My "Raiders" Indy is rather dated at the moment as I have almost an entirely new outfit for him just waiting on my jagzz jacket for assembly. But as you guys have seen, my ToD Indy and Cairo Indy are all finished.

I've never cared personally for Indy with a tie so I've never considered Last Crusade; also the need then for Henry Sr. But I have a feeling once my Raiders Indy is finished I may reconsider Indy figures I once put off -- I mean, you have to be working on something, right?
Can't wait to see your updated Raiders figure with all the new gear. Soon perhaps? :whip

Planning a new build is certainly part of the fun in all this, even if it takes forever. I think that's why I decided to go with the Henry Sr. project. Seems rare to have other main characters from the franchise offered.

I do love the planning part of the build -- figuring out all the parts, imaging what will work and what you need to do to make it work, be it dye, adding buttons, tailoring, painting, etc. The prep could be my favorite part -- and that process can takes years. The actual 'doing' -- as in building -- is nerve-wracking at times. I've built and rebuilt a figure three or four times to get it right, sometimes ripping it apart to the bones to start over. Now that is never fun. But when you get it right, you know it... and that is extremely satisfying. Putting the final touches on a finished figure, the little things, is probably my next favorite part. I can see the end, and now its just adding the icing before the feast of photos.

My plan (at the moment, subject to change without notice...) is to have a traditional "Raiders" Indy, a Map Room Indy and a TOD Indy.

The only way I would want a "Last Crusade" Indy would be if I could get a great looking Jones Sr.
This is as far as I got with Henry:

HP Henry 0001.jpg

The gear is SSC, the head is Headplay and the body is a Gambit TT with SSC Raiders Indy lower legs. I'm happy with him. The glasses are SO fragile. Mine broke in 3 places and are pretty much glued to his head to hold them together.

This is as far as I got with Henry:

View attachment 550647

The gear is SSC, the head is Headplay and the body is a Gambit TT with SSC Raiders Indy lower legs. I'm happy with him. The glasses are SO fragile. Mine broke in 3 places and are pretty much glued to his head to hold them together.
That looks fantastic! Great job!

As @TonTon mentioned it was a limited run. Cost was $3000 for the full figure. Sculpt looks great though!
:horror:google:duh

3 grand!?! Oof!
OOOOOOF!

As @TonTon mentioned it was a limited run. Cost was $3000 for the full figure. Sculpt looks great though!
I mean if full figure means painted sculpt, clothing (including belts, holster, bag), boots, body and accessories, then 3k doesn't seem all that bad if you're getting top quality throughout. I mean the Jagzz jacket alone was close to $700. And an awesome paint job will most likely set you back between $150-300. $3k sounds like a lot upfront, but when you factor in sourcing all the bits individually for presumably the best quality out there, I'd imagine you'd get close to that amount. Wasn't the buffy sculpt and paint like $800?

I mean if full figure means painted sculpt, clothing (including belts, holster, bag), boots, body and accessories, then 3k doesn't seem all that bad if you're getting top quality throughout. I mean the Jagzz jacket alone was close to $700. And an awesome paint job will most likely set you back between $150-300. $3k sounds like a lot upfront, but when you factor in sourcing all the bits individually for presumably the best quality out there, I'd imagine you'd get close to that amount. Wasn't the buffy sculpt and paint like $800?

Yeah, its still a steep price, but it isn't outrageous when you do the math. And I have likely spent way more building my perfect Indy over the last 20 years.

There's only three characters that I have a hard time not spending money on --
'Raiders' Indiana Jones
Connery James Bond
OT Darth Vader

Back