1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean if full figure means painted sculpt, clothing (including belts, holster, bag), boots, body and accessories, then 3k doesn't seem all that bad if you're getting top quality throughout. I mean the Jagzz jacket alone was close to $700. And an awesome paint job will most likely set you back between $150-300. $3k sounds like a lot upfront, but when you factor in sourcing all the bits individually for presumably the best quality out there, I'd imagine you'd get close to that amount. Wasn't the buffy sculpt and paint like $800?
Yeah and Addblue is doing the clothing which I'd where a lot of the cost is going.

I was offered a spot on that run, but I felt $3K was just too much when I already have a quality Indy in the works. And not knowing how the sculpt was going to turn out, seemed like a lot to throw with a lot of faith.

Plus Seems like there's custom run after custom run for Indy so there's always going to be newer and updated pieces over and over again.

With that I decided to go with Andy's ET set since I don't have a quality 1:6 ET yet.

Yeah, its still a steep price, but it isn't outrageous when you do the math. And I have likely spent way more building my perfect Indy over the last 20 years.

There's only three characters that I have a hard time not spending money on --
'Raiders' Indiana Jones
Connery James Bond
OT Darth Vader

Indys is the same for me, but I have to draw the line somewhere. There's too many other characters out there that I want in the collection. And I'd have to skip them if I constantly have to rebuy custom parts over and over again on Indy.

So my current plan is finally get Jaggz Screen Accurate Jacket. Planning to get Striped Box Boots. And Whenever Beastmaster offers his sculpt. And then I'm set with Indy.

Oh and I'd like to pick up Andy's Deluxe Accessories pack with the Idol, Revolver and boots.

Then I think Ill be hanging up the fedora. Time to get some other grails in the collection 😆

Yep, I think I would also pass on an unseen figure at $3,000. I'm not sure I would ever regret not spending $3,000 on a doll, even as much as I will likely be envious of the finished product.

But like Rzeznikk, I'm also building my own Ultimate Indy out of what I believe to be the best parts out there so in the end, I hope that I too will have my Grail Indy at long last.

So my current plan is finally get Jaggz Screen Accurate Jacket. Planning to get Striped Box Boots. And Whenever Beastmaster offers his sculpt. And then I'm set with Indy.

Oh and I'd like to pick up Andy's Deluxe Accessories pack with the Idol, Revolver and boots.

Then I think Ill be hanging up the fedora.

...oh, and a real-feel Fedora. Just that, and the jacket, and the Striped Box boots, and the beastmaster head, and Andy's deluxe set, and the Fedora. And that's it. And this lamp...

:)

Yeah and Addblue is doing the clothing which I'd where a lot of the cost is going.

I was offered a spot on that run, but I felt $3K was just too much when I already have a quality Indy in the works. And not knowing how the sculpt was going to turn out, seemed like a lot to throw with a lot of faith.

Plus Seems like there's custom run after custom run for Indy so there's always going to be newer and updated pieces over and over again.

With that I decided to go with Andy's ET set since I don't have a quality 1:6 ET yet.
Congrats on that ET set. Looks like a winner from head to toe to bike to fingertip!

Yeah, its still a steep price, but it isn't outrageous when you do the math. And I have likely spent way more building my perfect Indy over the last 20 years.

There's only three characters that I have a hard time not spending money on --
'Raiders' Indiana Jones
Connery James Bond
OT Darth Vader

Yea definitely for you guys who have been acquiring the best pieces over time, not worth it. And I'm by no means saying $3k is chump change or anything the like. Like you guys said, $3k is a lot already without adding in the blind faith that it will all come out as promised.

Looking at it from outside in though-if one didn't have an Indy- jumping in on that set doesn't seem like a bad deal considering the artists involved.

However, anyone who's customized anything knows the woes of completing a figure then all of sudden a better piece comes along and you sort of have that moment of "but I just spent $X on this, and NOW that comes out and it's $X? and it's more accurate?!" :slap :lol

Luckily for me (but unfortunately as well), no one really makes custom runs of characters I'm absolutely looking for so I don't have to spend toooo much on customs. I more pick up parts here and there, or just make due with what I can find. The only figure I regret not getting on board for was the Edward Scissorhands that was a made a couple years ago. I was still getting on my feet at the time and just couldn't justify it. Indy is the first one I'm actively trying to get done in a real nice way.

Jack Sparrow is a character I'm regularly trying to upgrade. I wish someone would make new swap out faces that fit the DX hair pieces, even if they didn't have the PERS system in them. Sort of surprised no one has made a really nice custom run for a COTBP version.

Yea definitely for you guys who have been acquiring the best pieces over time, not worth it. And I'm by no means saying $3k is chump change or anything the like. Like you guys said, $3k is a lot already without adding in the blind faith that it will all come out as promised.

Looking at it from outside in though-if one didn't have an Indy- jumping in on that set doesn't seem like a bad deal considering the artists involved.

However, anyone who's customized anything knows the woes of completing a figure then all of sudden a better piece comes along and you sort of have that moment of "but I just spent $X on this, and NOW that comes out and it's $X? and it's more accurate?!" :slap :lol

Luckily for me (but unfortunately as well), no one really makes custom runs of characters I'm absolutely looking for so I don't have to spend toooo much on customs. I more pick up parts here and there, or just make due with what I can find. The only figure I regret not getting on board for was the Edward Scissorhands that was a made a couple years ago. I was still getting on my feet at the time and just couldn't justify it. Indy is the first one I'm actively trying to get done in a real nice way.

Jack Sparrow is a character I'm regularly trying to upgrade. I wish someone would make new swap out faces that fit the DX hair pieces, even if they didn't have the PERS system in them. Sort of surprised no one has made a really nice custom run for a COTBP version.

Totally agreed and have been there on that custom wagon. But I need to train myself to stop chasing that carrot.

Gosh, it seems like just yesterday, unpainted sculpts were $30.

I'm glad everybody's getting paid more, but technology was supposed to make things less expensive, not more.

I'll be honest I wish I could have jumped on the Gesus Indy run. To me I feel that will be the ultimate Raiders Indy figure. But I also don't really feel that paying $3k is as appealing as how the overall figure looks though for those who are able to get it congrats because this can be the one to satisfy a few people. One day we can look back and see many interpretations of people's Indy customs. By that point I hope we all can feel like we've gotten to our own grail figure.

I've really enjoyed building my Indy figures over these past several years. Upgrading a major part (sculpt, jacket) or relatively more minor part (gunbelt, satchel, whip) here and there has really been part of that fun.

In the beginning, I basically was just using the stock HT clothing or mix with SS pants and so each upgrade was an exciting improvement on that base figure. Then eventually the full Iris outfit happened and so the whole figure was kinda transformed when all those things came together.

I'm not sure I would find that same excitement signing up to pay a large amount of money for all those things at once.

The complete figure will blow us away, mind you, odds of that just seem really high. Has some amazing artists working on it so the craftsmanship is likely to be off the charts across the board. We've already seen some nice parts like the boots, gear, and now the sculpt.

It will be fun to see it completed, that's for sure, but at the moment I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I agree that, for me also, the process of building is the best part. Yes, it can seem frustrating with the endless upgrades. But these things do seem to come in waves. When the new Indy movie hits this summer I think we'll reach saturation point for Indiana Jones for quite some time. So these last several years with so many new custom sculpts and new custom outfit items has been a dream. Remember when we only had the DX05? Remember also when the custom world was basically obsessed with Ledger Joker only? Wasn't that long ago. The tide will swing again.

Having a full figure built and finished for you is great. But I do enjoy the custom process of building, bashing, customizing, and futzing.

I don't think I have ever received a piece -- be it full figure or sculpt or jacket or anything else -- that was absolutely perfect. How could it be, it's subjective. And I don't expect the Gesus project to be any different. But I would not want to agonize over the inaccuracies there is bound to be on a single piece for that kind of money.

This is as far as I got with Henry:

View attachment 550647

The gear is SSC, the head is Headplay and the body is a Gambit TT with SSC Raiders Indy lower legs. I'm happy with him. The glasses are SO fragile. Mine broke in 3 places and are pretty much glued to his head to hold them together.

So who is on this "Honours" list that keep getting invited on all these custom Indy runs (Buffy, Gesus, etc...)???!!!

That looks fantastic! Great job!
Thanks!

This was the money shot for me:
HP Henry 0010.jpg

Heaplay did another Connery, but that looked like a bearded Patrick Stewart.

I've really enjoyed building my Indy figures over these past several years. Upgrading a major part (sculpt, jacket) or relatively more minor part (gunbelt, satchel, whip) here and there has really been part of that fun.

In the beginning, I basically was just using the stock HT clothing or mix with SS pants and so each upgrade was an exciting improvement on that base figure. Then eventually the full Iris outfit happened and so the whole figure was kinda transformed when all those things came together.

I'm not sure I would find that same excitement signing up to pay a large amount of money for all those things at once.

The complete figure will blow us away, mind you, odds of that just seem really high. Has some amazing artists working on it so the craftsmanship is likely to be off the charts across the board. We've already seen some nice parts like the boots, gear, and now the sculpt.

It will be fun to see it completed, that's for sure, but at the moment I don't feel like I'm missing out.
I couldn't have worded it any better buddy. And I agree. It'll be a solid grail piece for sure, but with some of us that have been build a grail Indy already, it just wasn't enticing (if that's the right word?) Enough for me to go that route.

Also, I like to change up my poses with my figures and giving them personality and life, I wonder how that would work with the sculpted neck/chest? I'm assuming it's set to just a museum pose. Which makes sense as this is more of an art/museum piece for display.

Back