1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asta, that's some amazing background info on the Afrika Korps. If I wanted to kitbash a Vogel, is there a recent DID figure to start with outfit-wise?

Asta, that's some amazing background info on the Afrika Korps. If I wanted to kitbash a Vogel, is there a recent DID figure to start with outfit-wise?

DiD release their full on Nazi figures under the 3R brand name, but I don't normally take much notice of them.

The only recent black SS-Allgemeine officer uniform I recall is their Himmler, which you might be able to adapt.

3R新品:1/6党卫队全国领袖兼德国警察首脑-海因里希·希姆莱HeinrichHimmler#GM645兵人在线BBICN - Powered by Discuz!

The problem would be getting the right cuff title, shoulder board and collar tabs. Vogel was a Standartenfuhrer with a single oak leaf on each collar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_and_insignia_of_the_Schutzstaffel#Final_SS_ranks_1934–1945

Going back a few years there was one from Toys City with the correct 'Adolf Hitler' cuff title, and option of two collar ranks, one of which was one above Vogel. However, it looks like there's only the shoulder board for the lower one (Sturmbannfuhrer / Major):

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2013/09/achtung-toys-city-16-scale-waffen-ss.html

Last edited:
The Complete Making of Indiana Jones book states, "'All those Nazi uniforms were genuine and were found in Eastern Europe,' says costume designer Anthony Powell."

The caption accompanied Vogel in the tank. However, Vogel's tropical Hatay uniform is a mystery due to it's colour. I've never seen an SS-Allgemeine uniform that was such pale grey, and can only conclude that if it actually was a genuine, then it was an example of the all-white summer walking out version (introduced in 1939) which had been dyed by the costumers.

IMG_0530.jpg

"As from 27 June 1939, officers were provided with an all-white version of the service uniform for walking out during the summer period, officially defined as 1 April to 30 September each year." (Robin Lumsden, Himmler's Black Order). which might identify the uniform:

file.php

indiana-jones-last-crusade-movie-screencaps.com-9611.jpg

A grail completed. Thank you very much to an extremely talented artist who painted the sculpt. Also, thanks again to the ones responsible for making the outfit set awhile back. He stands out amongst my numerous Indy customs, and I couldn't be happier. Fortune and glory.

Attachments

• 20210821_171357.jpg
    20210821_171357.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 164
I will get more pics soon, just wanted to snap a couple quick ones (I'm a horrendous photographer), but 2021 has been a good time for fans of Jones, particularly Raiders. I can't remember a time where there were multiple high quality outfit and accessory sets being worked on at one time. It's pretty exciting.

Attachments

• 20210821_171336.jpg
    20210821_171336.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 145
I will get more pics soon, just wanted to snap a couple quick ones (I'm a horrendous photographer), but 2021 has been a good time for fans of Jones, particularly Raiders. I can't remember a time where there were multiple high quality outfit and accessory sets being worked on at one time. It's pretty exciting.

I see The Hunter with Indy... fitting, given the time period.

Yeah, "The Hunter" isn't a great movie or anything, but I do enjoy it for what it is. The figure goes well with my Hilts and custom Frank Bullitt figures.

Shrunken MJ with the Inigo Fedora. Honestly, I think it's one of the best Indy sculpts out there, and I've owned many! I would love to own the Buffy one, but it didn't work out.
It looks great alright and certainly has the best likeness to Ford. The Buffy version is nice, but for me it misses the mark. His Deckard is excellent though...

I just did another run up of 5 whips... available to ship Saturday or Monday at the latest depending on how my weekend goes... PM me if you want in on that.

Attachments

• IMG_9548.jpg
    IMG_9548.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9550.jpg
    IMG_9550.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 38
Back