1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts? I’ll be honest I’m not really seeing it.

7778810C-1AD6-40C9-BE9C-F12C0F2005B5.jpeg

It does look "wide" or bloated as you say, Fly. All the features are there yet something is just off about the overall shape.

Definitely looks like an older Indy. For Raiders, the jaw should be narrowed and the nose a little less rounded. But there's more to it than that.

Really need to see this superimposed over an actual picture. Sculptors should do that with several pictures at several different angles rather than just eyeball it.

I did a transparency overlay but I couldn't get a good balance to post. However, from merging the two images below -- granted the angle is off slightly of course -- it looks like the features need to be pulled further apart. In other words, if I line up the lips, the eyes on the render and too low. That is giving the bloated or 'compressed' look. Also, left ear is too low. Nose too bulbous at tip. Mouth a bit wide. Jaw a bit wide.

Raiders v Rocco COMP 9-5-21.jpg

Again, this is all based on Raiders.

This sculpt is definitely an older Ford.

Yeah no that's not really an Indy sculpt I'd be happy with. I actually won't bother with these sculpts I'm happy with what I have until a better one comes along imagine if Balloonman does an Indy sculpt later. Lol

Got my smiling Indy back from the painter. Pretty excited as I still think this sculpt has perhaps the best Ford Indy likenesses, though obviously so scene (or poster) specific to make it a less versatile sculpt than all the others.

Planning a Cairo look at some down the line when I get a better shirt option. (Just noticed the whip handle is hanging all the way down to his boots. :lol)

indy-smiling-00-1500.jpg

indy-smiling-01-1500.jpg
indy-smiling-05-1500.jpg
indy-smiling-06-1500.jpg
indy-smiling-03-1500.jpg
indy-smiling-04-1500.jpg

Thanks, fellas! Think we'll see some more Indy attempts with the new movie coming.

If an old licensed Indy comes out great I'm sure I'd pick it up, but I really hope the film ushers in new figures from the original three flicks.

That’s one heck of a great looking Indy! I have a long way to go. I recently picked up the SS TOD figure (should be here tomorrow and a grail figure for me as is), and while I don’t plan to go too crazy with the customizing, I do at least want some real leather items and jacket for it.

Nice Indy TonTon!

I think Rocco's renders may look a little wide, but, that may not come out in the print. Some of his earlier heads always came out too narrow when printed and cast. Just have to see what it looks like printed.

That’s one heck of a great looking Indy! I have a long way to go. I recently picked up the SS TOD figure (should be here tomorrow and a grail figure for me as is), and while I don’t plan to go too crazy with the customizing, I do at least want some real leather items and jacket for it.

Thanks, Gipetto! Sideshow's TOD Indy is a great figure. Definitely some mods you can do like switching out the hat or bag strap, but it's got really good bones as they say.

TonTon, that head sculpt looks fantastic. Congrats on adding that amazing sculpt to the collection!
Thanks, Alex! Slowly building up the Indy collection.
Looks great, TonTon! How did you "tame" the jacket's collar?
:duff I believe I just glued it down (hot glue IIRC)
Nice Indy TonTon!

I think Rocco's renders may look a little wide, but, that may not come out in the print. Some of his earlier heads always came out too narrow when printed and cast. Just have to see what it looks like printed.
Thanks, Rogerbee! Agreed, you only know what the sculpt really looks like once it's printed ... and painted.

Back