1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jokor?
Is there something I’m missing?
Why are so many people misspelling Joker?
39278959-6D81-4E40-ACF1-F6C2132C3D02.jpeg

I'll throw something controversial out there:

I've never understood the, for lack of a better term, obsession, with crafting the perfect Ledger Joker. It's wild to me that to this day, people are still doing custom sculpts and outfits and more. Make no mistake, I grasp the fixation of trying to perfect a favorite piece, but this has always seemed to just go above and beyond the normal 1/6 passions.

Simple: Ledger's death, his performance becoming the stuff of legends, the character generally being a big seller. That's the perfect combination for artists to make some dough. Personally, it is disturbing to see people lose their ever-loving mind over this. It'll never be perfect enough. Just buy one figure and end it there.

But that will never happen.

And the joker is the ultimate test of the artist skill. The hair.. the paint.. the sculpt. And the outfit.

It looks like the legendary jokor thread is slowing down. It was a lot of fun being part of this journey from the beginning. I will miss all the excitement and the worrying and the speculations and the discussions.. So many faces came and went and many laughs were shared on the way. Now most of us have our jokors to celebrate at the end of this nice journey and for me it makes the figure a little more special
View attachment 639045
Oh something will come in the future to eclipse the InArt Jokor…

I'll throw something controversial out there:

I've never understood the, for lack of a better term, obsession, with crafting the perfect Ledger Joker. It's wild to me that to this day, people are still doing custom sculpts and outfits and more. Make no mistake, I grasp the fixation of trying to perfect a favorite piece, but this has always seemed to just go above and beyond the normal 1/6 passions.
There are several reasons, imo.

1. Ledger's performance.
2. The film was a phenomenon

However, the biggest reason might be that most 1/6 collectors started collecting 1/6 scale figures because of the Ledger Joker and the TDK line by HT. In fact, HT became popular because of TDK line. The popularity of HT and the growth of the 1/6 scale hobby are tied to Ledger's Joker. It was the right character at the right time.

1. Ledger's performance.

However, the biggest reason might be that most 1/6 collectors started collecting 1/6 scale figures because of the Ledger Joker and the TDK line by HT. In fact, HT became popular because of TDK line. The popularity of HT and the growth of the 1/6 scale hobby are tied to Ledger's Joker. It was the right character at the right time.
:lecture QFT
I think the TDK line was one of HT's first licensed offerings that wasn't a "model kit".

I think the TDK line was one of HT's first licensed offerings that wasn't a "model kit".
Yeah, they had Alien, Terminator, and Rambo, but it wasn't until TDK that their popularity skyrocketed. Their quality also improved drastically. The Bank Robber Joker was arguably the best 1/6 scale figure ever at the time. Then, they began the DX line in 2009, which innovated the PERS, with none other than Ledger's Joker and Bale Batman. Their Ledger Jokers were always at the cutting edge of the hobby, so it's not surprising that the first Inarts 1/6 scale is Joker.

1. Ledger's performance.

‘member hot toys mms68, I do, I thought it was amazing… then BR Joker v1 …it was groundbreaking

1. Ledger's performance.

I wouldn't go that far. They just became more popular to a broader audience. As you said in a later post, their popularity skyrocketed with the popularity of the film. However, I would argue that their POTC figures were their initial step into higher quality and more detailed figures.
Not true at all. HT already had many, many licensed figures that weren't model kits before the TDK line including their first Batman Begins Batman (MMS13) as well as 4 figures from Superman Returns (MMS14, MMS27, MMS49 & MMS50). Not to mention the pretty popular POTC line stated above that had nearly all the main characters produced except Barbossa. The TDK line didn't start until MMS67 with the Original Costume Batman. That's 54 figures before they dove into Nolan Batman films again.

Has anyone here got the Topo 2.0 Joker outfit set and use it with their Inart Joker?
Check the linked Topo thread near the end. I cant' remember, but there may be some pics: Topo Toys Joker suit - Dark Knight.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far. They just became more popular to a broader audience. As you said in a later post, their popularity skyrocketed with the popularity of the film. However, I would argue that their POTC figures were their initial step into higher quality and more detailed figures.

The Cannibal Jack was one of those next level figures.

Back