1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image_2023-05-15_193214279.png
image_2023-05-15_193327126.png
image_2023-05-15_193354947.png

Really happy with my InArt Joker, looks incredible. was just looking at the back though and notice some paint/mark on that bit where I have circled, not sure if that is a mistake or intentional.

I wouldn't go that far. They just became more popular to a broader audience. As you said in a later post, their popularity skyrocketed with the popularity of the film. However, I would argue that their POTC figures were their initial step into higher quality and more detailed figures.

Not true at all. HT already had many, many licensed figures that weren't model kits before the TDK line including their first Batman Begins Batman (MMS13) as well as 4 figures from Superman Returns (MMS14, MMS27, MMS49 & MMS50). Not to mention the pretty popular POTC line stated above that had nearly all the main characters produced except Barbossa. The TDK line didn't start until MMS67 with the Original Costume Batman. That's 54 figures before they dove into Nolan Batman films again.

Check the linked Topo thread near the end. I cant' remember, but there may be some pics: Topo Toys Joker suit - Dark Knight.
That's why I qualified my answer by saying "I think..."
Thanks for the correction and walk down memory lane...

I know around that time is when HTs kinda blew up. The lines you mentioned were definitely on 1/6 collectors radar but the TDK line is what I recall started being a real catalyst for them becoming the King of the Hill!

I find the rooted hair fascinating. It might be an obvious observation and perhaps not limited to rooted hair figures, but depending on the light, the hair looks a different shade of green. Under certain lights it looks very vibrant, in other lighting it looks dark, sometimes the brown/blond areas look very brown, but under fluorescent light you can see the green in it. It's pretty cool.

Yeah that's true, still a little bit annoying for me to see that on a really good figure
Yea it would bother me too, especially after spending so much money. Not sure how savvy you are, but maybe you can do a thin bit of painting back there to cover it up. Shouldn't have to, but may set you a bit more at ease. I'd probably do it just so I wouldn't see it every time I'm examining my figure.

Yea it would bother me too, especially after spending so much money. Not sure how savvy you are, but maybe you can do a thin bit of painting back there to cover it up. Shouldn't have to, but may set you a bit more at ease. I'd probably do it just so I wouldn't see it every time I'm examining my figure.
I was thinking of doing that but am a bit worried I'd get the wrong green or something like that or get too nervous and mess it up, I might just leave it, it is tiny but annoying considering like you said it's a lot of money.

Is it glue or just someone missed a spot of green paint?
I feel like it's a bit of accidental white paint that had flicked on there by chance and since they're under a lot of pressure to get those orders out, chances are, they didn't notice it 🤷‍♂️

My neck hurts :angryfist: can you fix your pic? Those look great from what i can see. Happy dogs who just ate their owners (Mob guys) " Chop you up and feed you to your pups. We'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is."

I had 2 rotties for Joker back in the day, but they were small

Back