1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how that hot toys cosbaby is designed after the holding cell Joker, like Queen’s 1:6 Joker deluxe/premium.

dunno why hot toys still does those stupid things. I figure they must sell well overseas or else they wouldn’t be doing them still.
Yeah but if your going to collect that might as well collect funko pops. I dont know.

dunno why hot toys still does those stupid things.
6DFB0C44-0212-4BA6-953A-99E499D0D500.jpeg

Funny how that hot toys cosbaby is designed after the holding cell Joker, like Queen’s 1:6 Joker deluxe/premium.

dunno why hot toys still does those stupid things. I figure they must sell well overseas or else they wouldn’t be doing them still.

I'm pretty sure licensing sometimes dictates which posing and characters and scenes you have to create in order to carry the license. It's the same with steel books, they have to adhere to pre-ordained imagery and go through clearing and further approvals on any imagery which deviates the typical marketing. I doubt there's anything sinister to it at all in that way.

Maybe the real suspenders are the friends we made along the way?

It’s pretty bizarre to me that Hot Toys only ever gave the DX01 suspenders(?). In the interrogation scene you can clearly see them poking out from under his vest, yet they omitted them on the DX11, a figure which was based on the interrogation scene. They even made a huge deal about the tailoring because Kato was involved with the prototyping, yet they forgot the suspenders. Just one of those things.

Last edited:
Shipping is up across the board although TBA is still more reasonable than say TW.

And with TW there are a number of things, outrageous shipping costs, dodgy behavior such as the Inart Joker thing and just rumors that they are not doing well. The constant discounts and sales may be a clue. I had been asking about orders that they did not have like the second Neca MacReady that they insisted they did not have yet but everyone else did have so I eventually canceled my last couple of orders with them. Easy process and got all my money back.

Re Go Figure they have not put up any HT pre-orders since this time last year except the one off of the Delorean. They were my go to place because their prices were the lowest I could find, shipping was free, it was a local business which I wanted to support and they are just the most genuine people I have ever come across in all my years of collecting. Yes their website is a pain if you want to browse but if you know what you want it’s easy to find. They still have older preorders on there and they are still honoring my nearly two year old preorders. I’ve asked them several times and they have said staff shortages and covid but I don’t think it’s that. It’s more likely a cost/politics thing. But they do have terrific older figures they put up regularly at great prices, and zero pleather etc issues.
Thanks for that insight it is helpful!

I am only new to collecting so the pre-orders they do have up must have been there for a while and I didn’t realise, they have said they are re-doing their website but I’m not sure how genuine that is, I can tell you I have the HT HWH Spider-Man integrated suit Deluxe on pre-order with them for I think it was $590AUD? So maybe it is worth calling them and getting a price if there is something your after. How have you found them with pre-order times? Are they delayed or fairly on-par with other retailers dispatch? Like I’ve heard popculcha are slow on receiving pre-orders, so trying to avoid them.

Maybe the real suspenders are the friends we made along the way?

It’s pretty bizarre to me that Hot Toys only ever gave the DX01 suspenders(?). In the interrogation scene you can clearly see them poking out from under his vest, yet they omitted them on the DX11, a figure which was based on the interrogation scene. They even made a huge deal about the tailoring because Kato was involved with the prototyping, yet they forgot the suspenders. Just one of those things.
Agreed! However, if I remember correctly, Kato’s proto for the DX11 was basically the one that he made for the small run the Freaks here commissioned from him at the time, which also didn’t have suspenders. Pretty sure he just sold that proto to Hot Toys and basically made double money-the crazy money the Freaks paid for the originals and then whatever HT paid him to use for mass production.

Thanks for that insight it is helpful!

I am only new to collecting so the pre-orders they do have up must have been there for a while and I didn’t realise, they have said they are re-doing their website but I’m not sure how genuine that is, I can tell you I have the HT HWH Spider-Man integrated suit Deluxe on pre-order with them for I think it was $590AUD? So maybe it is worth calling them and getting a price if there is something your after. How have you found them with pre-order times? Are they delayed or fairly on-par with other retailers dispatch? Like I’ve heard popculcha are slow on receiving pre-orders, so trying to avoid them.
Interesting. I have asked several times and they have never indicated they are still doing new preorders. They were getting figures earlier than Popcultcha I think sometimes they were getting stock direct from HK and other times through the local distributor but always quicker.

Hi fellow collectors!

Hope it is appropriate to share this post here.

I just opened a youtube channel dedicated to, of course, 1/6 scale figures :D

Check it out, hope you like it! :)

Hi fellow collectors!

Hope it is appropriate to share this post here.

I just opened a youtube channel dedicated to, of course, 1/6 scale figures :D

Check it out, hope you like it! :)

Nice!!

I was going through some old stuff today and came across something I had completely forgotten about. A long time ago one night when I was drunk off my t*** I came across a Joker head sculpt listing on ebay. Molded in silicone with "real doll eyes". I think the bid started at something like $10. I put in $12 - and won. Here is my prize.

20220413_084529.jpg

I was going through some old stuff today and came across something I had completely forgotten about. A long time ago one night when I was drunk off my t*** I came across a Joker head sculpt listing on ebay. Molded in silicone with "real doll eyes". I think the bid started at something like $10. I put in $12 - and won. Here is my prize.

View attachment 571973
Well at least it comes with a good story 😂

View attachment 571973

I remember the DX01 and 11 threads having some truly weird, occasionally serial killer collection-esque Joker customs.

View attachment 571973
I’ve already saved this for April fools next year when we’re still waiting on these

Well at least it comes with a good story 😂

Yeah. So now what do I do with it? It'll never sell, and I wouldn't want to anyway. It's too bizarre to take seriously and make a proper figure. And I don't want to keep it hidden away in a box somewhere. I thought about giving it a horrific paint job that's in line with its look anyway and adding whatever cheapo 1/6 clothes I have in my collection that I'm not using

Yeah. So now what do I do with it? It'll never sell, and I wouldn't want to anyway. It's too bizarre to take seriously and make a proper figure. And I don't want to keep it hidden away in a box somewhere. I thought about giving it a horrific paint job that's in line with its look anyway and adding whatever cheapo 1/6 clothes I have in my collection that I'm not using
Leave it the way it is. Its a one of a kind piece of art aquired to you in the most unlikely circumstances and any way you will alter it will only make it less special. Display it in its own custom glass case.

Back