1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snuffing out the competition is unavoidable. That’s the nature of it all right? But what HT did is malicious. The quality of their products was more than enough for them to get where they are today, there wasn’t any need for Howard and his misplaced notion of being a cunning business man to step in and acquire the rights only for them to not produce $#it.

I don’t need anyone to give me the BS of “hey, that’s business. You snooze you lose”. I’m aware $#it like this happens a lot, but I don’t have to like it NOR accept it.

If QS bought a bunch of licenses and pull off the same crap as HT with teases and unfulfilled promises...then QS can go straight to hell with them.

So...we’ll have to see how far QS can go.
I wasn't saying anyone should accept it, I certainly don't support Hot Toys ****** behaviour and I'm more than glad to see some brands are finally raising up to compete with them, what I'm saying is Hot Toys uses malicious tactics to fight off competition and if QS is planning to reach their status they won't do it by playing nice, HT certainly didn't.

I wasn't saying anyone should accept it, I certainly don't support Hot Toys ****** behaviour and I'm more than glad to see some brands are finally raising up to compete with them, what I'm saying is Hot Toys uses malicious tactics to fight off competition and if QS is planning to reach their status they won't do it by playing nice, HT certainly didn't.

Crap haha, I hope you know whatever aggressiveness I had in my post wasn’t directed at you or anyone in particular.

Being convinced QS figures will be priced sub 1k is another form of delusional justification. At least that’s how I read it. As if they’re desperately telling themselves “Pass. I’ll stick with HT thank ya vurry much”. That kind of brand loyalty bothers me so much that I cringe myself to sleep.

I’m not saying that’s what people are doing here...though I DO detect hints of it. I HAVE seen this disturbing behavior over at FB and I just have to say...”guys, grow up. Go out and get some sun.”

There are absolutely people who want these figures to be crazy expensive in order to justify passing on them. But I read it less as brand loyalty and more as "I don't want to pay $500, but I probably would, so I hope these are actually $1000 so I don't get pulled into paying $500."

So, assuming prices are bearable, does the fact that these won’t be available via Sideshow put anyone off- specifically the Americans?

For a European, (and I’d imagine most collectors outside of the US) Sideshow, plus shipping and import taxes, isn’t a cost effective choice.
Hong Kong/Asia based resellers are the best option so the exclusivity of QS will not impact my buying habits at all.

Their emergence is however much more likely to give me pause before ordering anything from HT if the license is also held by QS. That’s where they may feel a pinch.
QS are being very responsive to customers at the moment so, if they keep that up and can instantly assure fans that they’ll eventually be producing the same character straight after HT announces it, I’d certainly rather wait for what we currently perceive to be a superior offering.

So, assuming prices are bearable, does the fact that these won’t be available via Sideshow put anyone off- specifically the Americans?
I'm happy it won't go through Sideshow and hopefully it doesn't because that means higher prices. I don't know how Threezero does it, but they could look into that. Threezero has authorized retailers but I don't think they have an official distributor and that's why I think their prices are one of the best in the market.

For a European, (and I’d imagine most collectors outside of the US) Sideshow, plus shipping and import taxes, isn’t a cost effective choice.
Hong Kong/Asia based resellers are the best option so the exclusivity of QS will not impact my buying habits at all.

Their emergence is however much more likely to give me pause before ordering anything from HT if the license is also held by QS. That’s where they may feel a pinch.
QS are being very responsive to customers at the moment so, if they keep that up and can instantly assure fans that they’ll eventually be producing the same character straight after HT announces it, I’d certainly rather wait for what we currently perceive to be a superior offering.

Same here. Region specificity is a non issue for me. I was getting all of my Asia specific figures from other vendors before most companies (in particular HT) went thru SSC as a distributor. I still do most of the time.

While I do appreciate QS interacting with collectors, I fear that won’t last too long or they might dial it back due customers incredible ability of displaying their spoiled entitlement at every corner.

No more than 3 days have gone by since the joker reveal, I’ve legit seen people saying $#it like “ we don’t even know the prices yet! QS NEED to tell us now or blah blah blah” and gems like “omfg more joker? Can’t we effing get X, Y and Z instead? YAWN!”

It’s like...damn. How quickly did QS owe those specific people, right? One tease and they’re already getting unreasonable demands.

Perhaps MAAAAAAAYBE that’s why HT avoid that interaction??

I hope QS’ FAQ dept is up to the challenge. Because when I saw those comments, even I wanted to GTFO of there. And I don’t even work for them.

Seriously, these are grown ups. WE’RE supposed to be grown ups. Buying effing expensive toys. Like...relax people LOL.

I love giant toy and onesixtkit. I buy from giantoy all the time
Good to know about Giantoy. I always debate, but you just never know these days. LOVE @Kit Chen (onesixthkit) though! I hadn't ordered from them for a couple years I think, but recently placed an order on the site and got a nice "Welcome back" letter with my purchase which was really cool and thoughtful. You rarely see that these days.

Hope Sugo Toys Australia sell the 1/6 Queen Studio figures. If they do, probably cost around $600-800 Aud for the sculpted hair version due to exchange rates and import fees. Queen Studios should price these 1/6 figures $500 usd or below that price to be competitive with HT. I've heard rumours that QS 1/6 Joker is $750 to $1400 usd and their making 2 versions.

Last edited:
Same here. Region specificity is a non issue for me. I was getting all of my Asia specific figures from other vendors before most companies (in particular HT) went thru SSC as a distributor. I still do most of the time.

While I do appreciate QS interacting with collectors, I fear that won’t last too long or they might dial it back due customers incredible ability of displaying their spoiled entitlement at every corner.

No more than 3 days have gone by since the joker reveal, I’ve legit seen people saying $#it like “ we don’t even know the prices yet! QS NEED to tell us now or blah blah blah” and gems like “omfg more joker? Can’t we effing get X, Y and Z instead? YAWN!”

It’s like...damn. How quickly did QS owe those specific people, right? One tease and they’re already getting unreasonable demands.

I hope QS’ FAQ dept is up to the challenge. Because when I saw those comments, even I wanted to GTFO of there. And I don’t even work for them.

Seriously, these are grown ups. WE’RE supposed to be grown ups. Buying effing expensive toys. Like...relax people LOL.
You guys have no idea how negative, overly critical, skeptical and downright awful the chinese collector forums can be in comparasion to us here and even Facebook, I always chuckle at the notion that people throwing those kind of comments are the worst the collecting community has to offer, spoken from experience haha I much prefer it over here, Facebook is more a bunch of people making throwaway comments, this forum still remains the best place to discuss the hobby imo.

Hope Sugo Toys Australia sell the 1/6 Queen Studio figures. If they do, probably cost around $600-800 Aud for the sculpted hair version due to exchange rates and import fees. Queen Studios should price these 1/6 figures $500 usd or below that price to be competitive with HT. I've heard rumours that QS 1/6 Joker is $750 to $1400 usd and their making 2 versions.
They sell everything else QS i’m sure they will.

Personally I think everyone needs to not take social media so seriously or to heart. It's full of irresponsible teenagers, messed up individuals or simply people who think they can write anything without being accountable.

I'm by no means condoning it, and I would never write stuff like that. But it happens, and will continue to happen. So decent people like the most of us just need to scroll on past and not be triggered. Reacting to it just fuels the fire.

Anyway I'm sure if you work in social media you develop a thick skin and the ability to scroll past the trash comments pretty quickly., ban the occasional person etc etc

All of you claiming for $500 and even 1K on Instagram while Queen reads those comments. All of that when they priced their 1/3 Joker statue for $800 originally (not with barbie hair, but sculpted).....

Like Joker said so eloquently:

"you get what you ******* deserve".

Joker dolls bring the absolute worst out of collectors. Willing to pay out of their collective asses just to feel a sense of owning something "limited"....my god.

I sure hope this is not limited, and that they reissue it 100 times.
Like Joost said about his Batmobile, the more that’s made the lower the cost. I assume QS wants to keep this relatively collectible so numbers should be less than HT which naturally will cause a higher markup. Add to the fact that it’s a higher quality and accuracy. Basic HT figures are $300 so it not surprising if this goes closer to $400 for sculpted and $500 for faux hair. Look at how much WS charged for faux hair 1/4. They’ve learned their lesson in older breakout pieces. You can’t think this would be $300 or less? Why would a company who sees the current Joker market not take advantage of that? Even third party companies charge close to $300 for Joker lol. $1K is extreme. They won’t survive doing so.

All of you claiming for $500 and even 1K on Instagram while Queen reads those comments. All of that when they priced their 1/3 Joker statue for $800 originally (not with barbie hair, but sculpted).....

Like Joker said so eloquently:

"you get what you ******* deserve".

Joker dolls bring the absolute worst out of collectors. Willing to pay out of their collective asses just to feel a sense of owning something "limited"....my god.

I sure hope this is not limited, and that they reissue it 100 times.
I read that in Joker's voice from the interrogation scene.

I think these guys and JND are going to be gunning for that custom market. Customs bring in a huge amount of money to the point that these artists are now able to create their own studios or are commissioned to work on existing companies pieces. Companies now prioritising punctured or glued real hair and metal accessories is definitely where the now mainstream market will be heading towards.

I'll keep my eye on this, but for the most part I think Queen Studios lack something for me to get anything from them, they're almost there, but very interested for the full reveal. Depending how these go, along with me already getting 1/3 JND statues I think Hot Toys have just been gotten.

Back