1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know that this really clarifies things about how InArt and QS are related, but this is what InArt has in their FB group.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 2.24.28 PM.png

Oh I believe you!
And I believe many other customers will do too!

I still believe they will do their best to deliver what they showcased..
If not, they will be shredded to molecule.
dont you mean....

Shredded to molecule 8

I don't know that this really clarifies things about how InArt and QS are related, but this is what InArt has in their FB group.

View attachment 567866
Interesting!

You know what, this should be a valid question for their upcoming livestream!
Just ask them to confirm if Queen is really involved in the production process, and why not using a rescaled 1/4th Joker sculpt if they ended up using the same expression?

dont you mean....

Shredded to molecule 8
Again.. tryin to be subtle here XD

The downside to this new level of figure is... I look at the figures I was excited about and now they just look like... toy dolls.
tumblr_n73q3tYGOJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Ironically, it's one of the reasons why I'm passing on the rooted hair (the other being I'm just too poor to afford 1K dollies; I'm a filthy peasant who can only throw 1/3rd of a K at dolls, sigh...). If I get hooked on that, I won't be able to justify the sculpted hair versions. And then I literally won't have a collection. I'll pass on the Iron Men and the Doctor Stranges and the Vaders and everything. So I'll have Ledger Joker, Paul Atreides and... Gandalf? Sure, Rooted Hobo Neo will look that extra bit more realistic than my DS2 CumberStrange, but is that what I'm really after? No Star Wars display, no X-Men, just Ledger Joker, more Bale, maybe something like Battinson Ivy with rooted hair? I don't know, it'd be more impressive and realistic, but it wouldn't be "my" collection.

If my math's correct, POs go live about 2-3 hours before I wake up for the day. I'm just torn whether to PO instantly from Kit, or to give it some time and see if my usual store stocks them. Honestly, ordering from OSK saves me all the taxes, which is 50-70 € saved (which means that for about ever 4 figures, I can buy another one just on the money saved), so it's the logical option. But I'm scared of my country's awful post office, while the other store ships stuff through a courier so it's safer (plus the installment plan).

I wish I could PO the rooted on a drunken binge, cut myself off from other figures and stick only to rooted dollies, but... Nah.

PS: I am scared of rooted Paul wooing me to the extent of making me wish I'd POed rooted Joker...

cbc0a0892a621694a5795db3fecbac44.jpg

I feel like they’d have to be complete idiots to **** up their first $1000 figure but who knows. Can only hope that they deliver.

Ironically, it's one of the reasons why I'm passing on the rooted hair (the other being I'm just too poor to afford 1K dollies; I'm a filthy peasant who can only throw 1/3rd of a K at dolls, sigh...). If I get hooked on that, I won't be able to justify the sculpted hair versions. And then I literally won't have a collection. I'll pass on the Iron Men and the Doctor Stranges and the Vaders and everything. So I'll have Ledger Joker, Paul Atreides and... Gandalf? Sure, Rooted Hobo Neo will look that extra bit more realistic than my DS2 CumberStrange, but is that what I'm really after? No Star Wars display, no X-Men, just Ledger Joker, more Bale, maybe something like Battinson Ivy with rooted hair? I don't know, it'd be more impressive and realistic, but it wouldn't be "my" collection.

PS: I am scared of rooted Paul wooing me to the extent of making me wish I'd POed rooted Joker...
Yep, this is exactly what happened to me. I got my Dr. Strange customized and I'm no longer entirely happy with a figure anymore unless it has rooted hair. It's certainly can become problematic if you think you'll need it for every figure.

I suppose some would say that's a good thing.

Maybe fewer better dolls... than a mass of toy-like figures.

And due to what I said above, I have a total of four figures right now (two with rooted, one with short sculpted hair which isn't too bothersome, and a fourth I'm not sure I'll keep). Collection is tiny, but I do like having my own very unique figures that I really love. I just have to be very picky on what I truly want now.

I'm not too worried about it spoiling my enjoyment of other figures. For me Ledger Joker has always been a bit more special and unique anyway, so if that figure stands out a bit more on the shelf due to its greater realism, then that's just how it should be.

Ahhh, the freedom....
I recommend it really. :lol It's truly nice to have so few. I have about four more POed which includes these Jokers in that count as well as HT Battinson, who I plan to have rooted if QS doesn't do it first. :lol

I thought the time window is the limit, not the quantity.

Yes, that's what I thought. 3 days.

I suppose if they get one million orders in the first day they might have to think about closing early. But they said three days... they did not say 3-days or after sell-thru, whichever comes first.

I doubt there's a huge amount of people that will truly cough up a grand for this when the time comes. A few hundred at best. Not thousands... and they must know this. They're not expecting just 40, nor are they expecting 4,000.

I really need to purge my collection - maybe this figure will be a “wake up call”. So many 1/6 figures that I just don’t look at anymore.

I'm not too worried about it spoiling my enjoyment of other figures. For me Ledger Joker has always been a bit more special and unique anyway, so if that figure stands out a bit more on the shelf due to its greater realism, then that's just how it should be.

I was really excited to get my Tank Trooper as you know... but I look at the in hand pictures now and... well, there's just something missing. The thrill is gone.

I recently cut my displayed figures way down with the intention of rotating every 6 months. I really love the less-cluttered shelves now and don't miss the figure I put away.

I think figures like this Joker -- expensive grail pieces -- are more the way I want to go in the future with my displays.

Back