1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really odd... because if you compare the coated Joker 1/6th it looks just like Queen's 1/4 and if you compare their 1/6th jail Joker is looks just like their 1/3rd Joker sculpt.

So the 1/6th is ALL NEW but same exact expressions?
See it for yourself:

1647577549142.png

1647577554823.png

You can see the most noticable difference is in the chin area.

I'm sure they must have got a head start on this a while ago, and already have quite a few figures finished and rooted. I doubt they would have given that 8 month delivery quote otherwise. Or maybe it'll only be the first batch releasing in 8 months, and some of us will have to wait a little longer for a later batch.

Personally I'd be fine waiting a year or so for this if they need that time to do it right. I don't see the urgent need to have this in 8 months.
It doesn't work like that, they can start producing casts and molds for the figure early in order to get a head start but they need to provide stock numbers to the factories in order for actual production to start, 8 months is likely the estimate for the standard and double versions, the rooted will have to be delayed, their limited artist editions statues need at least a year to release and often get pushed back so this will be no different, unless they absolutely drop ball and rush production on the rooted copies.

1/4 sculpt looks much better for the clean look
I agree.

So the question is, why bother resculpting and ruining the likeness, instead of just shrinking the existing sculpt?

It adds more cost and time. Unless maybe, my seller is right.. Queen has nothing to do with the production process, and only take part on the distribution.

maybe, my seller is right.. Queen has nothing to do with the production process, and only take part on the distribution.

Not sure it matters as Queen is using their name (and likely more) to sell this figure, so they're taking responsibility. If this is a dog, Queen will take the hit in loss of customer loyalty.

Not sure it matters as Queen is using their name (and likely more) to sell this figure, so they're taking responsibility. If this is a dog, Queen will take the hit in loss of customer loyalty.
I hope so, my friend. I hope so. At least part of it!

Personally I was about to preorder the rooted hair set, but when my seller told me that.. I changed my mind again, for the 85th times. (sj2106 still wins)

I suppose you're right... I do see some differences but man are they close.

View attachment 567856
who really knows. The different rooted hair may set them a part. The paint make the 1/3 eyebrow look raised and the 1/6 look like a scowl. The harsher light on the 1/3 brings the detail out more, and the camera lens could be the difference between a narrow or wide jawline

I hope so, my friend. I hope so. At least part of it!

Personally I was about to preorder the rooted hair set, but when my seller told me that.. I changed my mind again, for the 85th times. (sj2106 still wins)

Believe me, if Queen burns me for a grand, you can bet I won't PO anything from them ever again.

Going by all I've heard I'm sure the figure itself will turn out good, the only point of concern is the rooted hair, their release date estimate makes no sense for those versions, especially in this day and age where nothing is guranteed, so either expect delay or god forbid something that doesn't match the proto, InArt/Viper already produced an unlicensed rooted Joker years ago that didn't match the proto as well but this time he has Queen providing the funds, license and access to much better factories and talent, so the tailoring, sculpts, accessories will be fine, his main concern should be the hair, this HAS to be a homerun, they can't screw up and they know it, so I'm expecting a delay.
Yeah, there's no way they let their first major 1/6 release go out the door without being as perfect as they can possibly make it, unless they don't want to continue making 1/6 figures.

who really knows. The different rooted hair may set them a part. The paint make the 1/3 eyebrow look raised and the 1/6 look like a scowl. The harsher light on the 1/3 brings the detail out more, and the camera lens could be the difference between a narrow or wide jawline

It is hard to tell sometimes, yes. I've seen the same sculpt look like two completely different sculpts between two different painters and different lighting.

I'm rooting for Queen/InArt I know what is like to have to deliver in the face of massive hype and not wanting to disappoint your fans and costumers, especially during the uncertain times that are affecting everything in the business, it's a massive responsibility and they certainly have BIG promises to fulfill so they better not cheap out or rush this.

Back