1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting that Queen Studios is effectively taking a shot across the bow of a couple of companies with their announcement.

I've always felt Hot Toys needed more competition in the market. Not that they haven't improved in some areas, but they've been resting on their laurels for a long time and taking advantage of the relative lack of choice collectors have in the scale by giving us less for more.

These figures will be pricey, but I hope they'll be within reason for the majority of existing high end 1/6 scale figure collectors so that they can become actual healthy competitors instead of being relegated to just being an even higher end product at a much higher price point.

I'm just wondering if Hot Toys knew somebody is out to get their 1/6 lunch money and that's why we're seeing a good The Batman release from them.

Nazgûl, Gandalf, Legolas, Paul Atreides, Neo

rd5jTKZ.jpg

WOW... very exciting news. Very expensive dollies coming.

But the time is right for a $500 1/6th figure.

Hot Toys is going to be low-end now. :lol

It would be great if QS and JND can keep prices in the $350 range for sculpted hair figures and in the $500 range for haired figures, although I get the feeling it will be at least $500 sculpted/$750 haired. I had assumed that JND had gotten the DC license, but I guess that isn’t the case. It’s also possible that this is a new category along the lines of Premium 1/6, and HT still has the Regular 1/6 license. If that is the case, I wonder if the Marvel and/or Star Wars licenses are also in play.

Very interesting. Looks like someone else interesting has entered the high quality licensed 1/6 game.

1/4 and 1/3 Queen Studio statues aren’t all that expensive, unless they have the rooted hair.

Other than the busts I also have the 1/3 Bale Bat & Joker set (rooted hair versions) and the 1/4 CW Spidey and EG Thanos statues.

If Marvel and Star Wars are in play, we're all dead.
Just kill me at that point. Just do it. WW3 should start in my backyard. Bomb my house. Turn it all to ash. Let me start anew. Otherwise the completionism will kill me. I'm already debating cancelling my DX019 PO for a possible QS Baleman. I don't know what I'd do if Marvel & SW came into play.

original.gif

The first photo says sixth scale figures. They're not statues. I don't recall any other studio having the license for a 1/6 TDK Joker figure besides Hot Toys (which they probably lost now).
I think medicom did as well. I dont think that licenses need to be exclusive but they could be.

275550764_2037347736442896_1591312518995504252_n.jpg

275568228_2037347703109566_2517308602379967048_n.jpg

They put them up on Facebook too. Best pic for a comparison between theirs and the DX11 is probably this:

dx11-joker2.jpg

Tailoring looks much better, the fit in general. The chalk on the hands too. The rooted hair look great, but the sculpted look off. The HT's paint looks a bit more "lived in", whereas the QS is more lifelike, if that makes sense. Granted, that's a decade-old figure, but it's good enough for a first comparison.

One sculpted hair and one with rooted. I just have a feeling this is going to be hella expensive. If they cam pull this off looking as we see here I'll pick it up and I'll be closing the door on Ledger Joker.

Yeah the neutral face seems a little long. Was hoping they would just use the 1/4's sculpt but this looks different. We'll see I guess.

Last edited:
Looks good, still not as great as some 1/6 customs out there. I'm more interested in what JND will do as 1/6. Seems Hot Toys have let everyone else step their game up and bled artists along the way. I think they've either cemented and settled their market as with that Hot Toys look that they mentioned in an old video, and they've swept into households and the market that a lot of Disney and MArvel have, ie probably a lot of people who years prior would not be into this sort of thing and now are.

Whereas Queen, JND, customs etc. are pushing further what Hot Toys started out with and chasing the more realistic and higher quality versions where there is a tonne of money to be had. Essentially, Hot Toys ain't top anymore, they've had what they did to a lot of companies for a long time in which they pushed the envelope to a new extreme, they've just chosen to stay where they are fr the most part. But I don't think they much mind, with how much they have focused on cosbabies etc. and bases I'm sure they're happy where they are, there's still a massive market for them. but they will be left behind.

Just look at their hair rooting process to what's coming out now, the fact that more complex, intricate and detailed 1/6 are being unleashed shows where the market is now, and Hot Toys, sorry but you're no longer at the forefront.

Back