1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why Ledger or the TDK joker would be separate from the TDK license as a whole though. Most modern films have likenesses for merch as a bundled deal for actors and actresses as they sign on. Unless there's some change to that after so many years since a film release, which is something that'd be well beyond my understand of licensing laws.

It's possible the likenesses were only included for a limited period of time. The Matrix license was infamous for this, likenesses were included with the license up to 5 years after the release of Revolutions.

Maybe the license for the Bale and/or Ledger likenesses have expired.

This is why I’m not ready to jump ship. Inflation is really a killer for us middle class folks. Tough choices will have to be made.
This. If InArts is jumping into the sixth scale game and are going to charge sky high prices as people are speculating based off of their statues this line will probably be dead to me.

Hot Toys are high priced enough. I’m not interested in paying even more. The only way I will is if they release figures I really, truly want and there’s no alternative version from Hot Toys or other sixth scale manufacturers.

I’m pretty excited for this honestly. I’ve been thinking about my collection a lot lately and honestly it’s grown to a point where many individual pieces don’t stand out on their own.

A lot of the Mando stuff and TDK villains are just kind of okay. My 1/4 pieces and Bat-vehicles still feel special.

I’ve been considering downsizing just because a wall of a ton of stuff feels more like junk than something special. If I do, I would be totally down to replace some pieces with much more expensive versions IF the quality/specialness is worth it.

This is why I’m not ready to jump ship. Inflation is really a killer for us middle class folks. Tough choices will have to be made.
Agreed. QS and JND can go nuts with figurines, but HT still do fantastic work and if it’s cheaper……they’ll still have a huge market.

If these guys bring figures to the table that are custom-grade quality-wise (USD1000), at half the price (USD500), many a
folk will react possitively.

Enter the Very-High-End 1/6 segment: 1/4 quality in 1/6, plus immortal leather.

Why are people assuming these things will be this expensive? Their statues are actually pretty low priced compared to Prime 1 and Infinity.

The only one of those I'd be tempted by is a Ledger Joker, since I still don't have a quality figure of him and he really requires some good rooted hair.

I can't see myself wanting to pay higher prices for much else though.

One advantage they could have over hot toys is if they announce edition sizes declare there will be no reissues. What you chose? A company that makes limited edition collectibles or one that make open edition figures and will reissue them if they go up in value? Also without the reissues maybe this company won't have to ask customers to wait 2 years for their preorders to finally arrive in hand.

Doesn't an edition size just encourage scalpers to buy multiples and sell them for huge profits once the figure sells out?

Really depends on the retail price I'd say. If pricing is inaccessible to most collectors to begin with, I'd say these scalpers will fight a losing battle trying to hoard them.

If I had to guess, I'd say that both their quality and price point are going to be much higher than hot toys. I actually believe there is already a built-in market that can jumpstart these companies - the custom crowd.

Many custom projects get started because someone is either not satisfied with the quality of the mass-produced figure, or they are interested in a figure that has not been produced. In the case of the former, you're probably looking at anywhere from $125-$450 for an unpainted sculpt (depending on the artist), then probably in the $300-$500 range for clothes, plus theres's still more to have the sculpt painted (which you usually have to track down yourself). Each of the last 3 sculpts I had painted averaged $300 each (just for painting). Plus, there's usually another project for accessories, so that brings another couple of hundred dollars to the table. So, at the end of the day, a full custom 1/6 figure is probably going to run in the $600-$1K plus range. Between the start of the project and getting a painted sculpt back, you're probably looking at 2-3 years, plus shipping time/costs and paypal fees everywhere.

If that quality is available without all the cat herding, and it's a figure I like, then I'm in. If it's less than $1K, then that's even better.

By no means am I made of money, but I often choose the custom route because the quality is there - buy once, cry once. These two companies have clearly demonstrated that they can produce quality products. What remains to be seen is whether or not they can consistently deliver at high levels of quality. If the quality suffers, then all you have is an overpriced figure and who needs that.

$1k for a little sixth scale figure just seems crazy to me. Can get a 1/3 scale statue for not a lot more.

Hopefully prices are nothing like that. If it's $350-500 I'll probably buy a figure here and there. Ledger Joker would be worth that if they get the sculpt spot on.

$1k for a little sixth scale figure just seems crazy to me. Can get a 1/3 scale statue for not a lot more.

Hopefully prices are nothing like that. If it's $350-500 I'll probably buy a figure here and there. Ledger Joker would be worth that if they get the sculpt spot on.
I know there are lots of different opinions on it, but consider the Prime1/Blitzway joker statue. $1500 for the statue, then another $330 for the KA Kim sculpt. I'm not saying everyone is going that route, but now you're talking about an $1830 joker in 1/3 scale. That translates into $915 for a 1/6 scale. Even without the KA Kim sculpt, its $750 in 1/6 scale. Clearly, not everyone is willing to pay that, but it's really not that big a leap to assume that sort of pricing is possible. I'm just saying that I believe there is a market at their price point.

I’m getting a little confused. Did both JND and Queen announce 1/6 figures this week? I saw one of them was partnering with Viper to make licensed stuff but can’t remember if it was Queen or JND?

Didn’t Viper do an unlicensed Gandalf the White run for $500? If there’s an official partnership with Viper maybe thats a good benchmark on cost. Perhaps with more resources from Queen/JND and licensing costs will balance each other out.

Looks like Queens Studio is stepping into the 1/6 figure business and it looks like they'll be tackling TDK Joker. Very interesting to see as this most likely means that Hot Toys no longer has the rights to Ledger Joker, which explains the lack of a reissue from them.

This is under their new 1/6 figure brand name: INART

They did a 1/4 Joker statue before and it looked incredible so I'm expecting good things from them.

wR7k0h0.jpg

qq2WJMZ.png

Queens Studio Joker 1/4 Statue:
mxtxqPR.png

8dec1447-068d-4524-914c-50ad446189ec_2000x.jpg

d978300e-4e26-40df-9885-12c926c1e324_2000x.jpg

Oh jeez-o!!! Another heavy hitting 1/6 producer!!!! Excited to see what's to come!!!! :panic::panic:

I’m getting a little confused. Did both JND and Queen announce 1/6 figures this week? I saw one of them was partnering with Viper to make licensed stuff but can’t remember if it was Queen or JND?

We first heard of it last week (QS) and about the week before (JND), yes. Queen are the ones partnering with Viper.

Back