1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. I think the reason Queen is able to make one is a regional thing and that they are only allowed to sell it in certain countries, just like all their items actually. For instance, it's my understanding that they don't have distribution rights in the US which is why if you're a US customer, you need to either buy from another country, or get it from a shop in the US that is importing it (Like SpecFiction and BTTS I believe).

The fact that LOTR characters and a Dune character are also teased I think solidifies that they have select regional licenses for these properties/characters rather than a world wide, sole license as Asmus also has the LOTR license and we know AugToys has the Dune license.

Based on that, I don't think Hot Toys lost the TDK/Ledger's license. Especially considering that JND is also said to be making 1/6 figures and they've only been making DC collectibles so far. It could also just be that Hot Toys and any other company are no longer allowed to be the ONLY license holder for these characters at least for WB properties considering all those teased characters fall under WB licenses.
On one hand, the local place I order from has QS products, so I'll probably be able to get them. On the other, the prospect of 3 different companies making Batman and Joker dolls is giving me a headache. I don't wanna make decisions and look out for my interest, I just wanna easily consoooooom and not think about such things...

One thing of note here is that if they're indeed going forward with WB properties in general, then we could be looking at some pretty cool potential figures. RDJ's Sherlock was WB, as was Troy. Dunno about you, but I'd buy those figures.

brad-pitt-troy.gif

Look at me, 2 hours in and I'm already wishlisting... Well, I do hope Hobo Neo isn't the only one they'll make. I need the Reloaded/Revolutions look.

Aren't JND doing 1/6 figures as well? It's about time HT had some decent competition.
Yeah, JND's getting into the game as well.

4e5e74b9af2b5fe813ba8ee7620b4f00c9bcc5b5.gifv

I imagine the starting prices will be $375 for these early releases then push to $400 & above as they get more popular
How would they justify them though? You can't charge that much more unless you're bringing something entirely new to the table. Better materials? Pleather that doesn't crack? That much better likeness? I'd pay that cash, but only for very select figures.

On one hand, the local place I order from has QS products, so I'll probably be able to get them. On the other, the prospect of 3 different companies making Batman and Joker dolls is giving me a headache. I don't wanna make decisions and look out for my interest, I just wanna easily consoooooom and not think about such things...

One thing of note here is that if they're indeed going forward with WB properties in general, then we could be looking at some pretty cool potential figures. RDJ's Sherlock was WB, as was Troy. Dunno about you, but I'd buy those figures.

brad-pitt-troy.gif

Look at me, 2 hours in and I'm already wishlisting... Well, I do hope Hobo Neo isn't the only one they'll make. I need the Reloaded/Revolutions look.
Oh yea I would definitely love an Achilles and a better King Leonidas.
But yea there could be a fair bit of “collector stress” with multiple companies putting out their versions. Queen Studios and JND tend to sell out their pre-orders as far as I’m aware; so, it would be be that much harder to decide to either wait and hope the other company does it better or take the chance on whoever reveals said character first and hopefully not regret that decision when someone else reveals their version :lol

Could this be why Hot Toys did nothing with the Matrix? I mean, I know the movie also didn't do that well, but that doesn't seem to be stopping these guys

Oh yea I would definitely love an Achilles and a better King Leonidas.
But yea there could be a fair bit of “collector stress” with multiple companies putting out their versions. Queen Studios and JND tend to sell out their pre-orders as far as I’m aware; so, it would be be that much harder to decide to either wait and hope the other company does it better or take the chance on whoever reveals said character first and hopefully not regret that decision when someone else reveals their version :lol
Exactly. On one hand the competition is good. On the other we have potentially "better" and more expensive figures, plus three different companies swimming in the same waters. With JND & QS being more "exclusive", we won't be able to play the waiting game for long too. There are characters I'll PO day 1 and that'll be it. But then there are others that I'd like, but it depends on how I can juggle everything else. I'm facing such a conundrum now with this Joker. WIll HT release their own 3.0 version? Is it better to cancel the DX019 and hope they announce a Bale to go with their Ledger?

As prices, licenses and competitors increase, this is really becoming a very rich man's game. What worries me personally is if the quality's that much better so that I won't be able to comfortably display them next to my HTs. I doubt it, but it's another thing to consider. When I started this I was getting into it to just get my top favourites. Now I'm trying to build displays and teams. A part of me wishes I could go back, but I know I'll end up with 30 SW HT figs and a full X-Men team, so I'd just be deluding myself. Still, I am excited to see where we go from here.

I would definitely buy Hector and Achilles from Troy. The director's cut is amazing.
They'd definitely be grail figures for me. A solo display case and everything. I'm planning a Movie/TV shelf, but they'd be in a separate place of their own.

2w4rh3nerho51.jpg

EDIT: The Keanu Constantine film is WB too. Based on what I'm hearing about the upcoming JJ production, I'd prefer a Keanu JonCon if I can't get a comic accurate version.

109567.gif

I wonder if they'll tackle any of the HBO MAX DC stuff as well. We are getting a Green Lantern show that'll feature Guy & Sinestro (they're keeping Hal & John for the big screen).

Could this be why Hot Toys did nothing with the Matrix? I mean, I know the movie also didn't do that well, but that doesn't seem to be stopping these guys
It seems HT skips whatever doesn't do well, unless Howard is a fan (see Hellboy). But he's also a Keanu fan, so this is interesting.

Last edited:
I would definitely buy Hector and Achilles from Troy. The director's cut is amazing.
Haoyu Toys have made third party versions of them, as well as Vorenus from Rome.
I know some don't like third party figures, but just in case...

QS appear to be doing a Battinson figure as well so I doubt this means Hot Toys have lost all rights to Ledger.

Maybe Queen will only be able to sell in certain regions, as is the case with some of their statues, but there are of course ways around it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what these other companies bring to the sixth scale world. At the very least the competition should make HT up their game.

My worry is pricing. If each figure is $400+ then it becomes impossible to collect more than the odd figure.

QS appear to be doing a Battinson figure as well so I doubt this means Hot Toys have lost all rights to Ledger.

Maybe Queen will only be able to sell in certain regions, as is the case with some of their statues, but there are of course ways around it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what these other companies bring to the sixth scale world. At the very least the competition should make HT up their game.

My worry is pricing. If each figure is $400+ then it becomes impossible to collect more than the odd figure.

Where have you seen about a QS battinson figure please?

so will these figure be beyond HT prices. Like $470-550 each? Lol that's going to suck especially if they are going to be making amazing pieces, watch these figure have rooted hair, and not the cheap kind I'm talking custom level work.

HT do amazing work, but i’m glad other 1/6th companies are on the up because it may mean much shorter wait times for figures. If i have to pick between an amazing HT figure and an amazing Queen figure and one is scheduled to be out in 2 years and the other is out in 8 months, i know what i’m going with.

so will these figure be beyond HT prices. Like $470-550 each? Lol that's going to suck especially if they are going to be making amazing pieces, watch these figure have rooted hair, and not the cheap kind I'm talking custom level work.
I'll gladly take a more expensive 1/6 Joker if it means we get a high quality rooted sculpt. Their rooted work on their statues are pretty amazing. Would love to them translate that quality to 1/6.

Or maybe they do what they did with their 1/4 Joker and offer two versions, one sculpted and one rooted.

NQ8jxXe.png
mpT7VCg.png

Pug7cXF.png

I'll gladly take a more expensive 1/6 Joker if it means we get a high quality rooted sculpt. Their rooted work on their statues are pretty amazing. Would love to them translate that quality to 1/6.

Or maybe they do what they did with their 1/4 Joker and offer two versions, one sculpted and one rooted.

NQ8jxXe.png
mpT7VCg.png

Pug7cXF.png
Yeah I prefer to buy this over anything HT does with them. Especially if the hair work is that good. But the prices will hurt more. Lmao

Back