1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting how the jail cell sculpt looks big in some pics compared to others.

However without the coat the proto looked bang on with proportion.

6bce2936361f845d79fd03f9a6262092.jpg
423026-1b25a4c379310a55ef2e8830f24543a9832610fb.jpeg
dc-joker-by-queen-studios_620x.jpg

They're some great pictures, everyone getting this will be pleased for sure.

Definite issues, though, his frame looks like a feminine anime character, his waist could fit into a size 4 dress and the coat is still a disaster, along with the fairly similar bored expressions and big head for jail cell. But definitely a great release overall, Inart are in the game.

Despite of the drama, the sculpted hair Joker has the same quality paint as the rooted hair version.
I didn't doubt it 😏

Was that ever a concern?

I know there was for the Queens 1/4 scale Artist edition and standard, but not for this 1/6 scale figure.

Y'all just don't see the big picture. Once you collect a certain number of consecutive inart releases, those boxes can fit together like a puzzle and create a lifesize bust of Viper-shifu.

That Batman triple pack though...

Given these are also separate items sold and the feedback from Jokor's box, I'm sure QS won't make the same mistake.

Unless someone makes a good Gordon figure I can do without the bat signal.

Hopefully future releases are less massive than this Joker.

I’m not gonna lie. I kind of forgot momentarily that it came with the jail cell. They get a pass on Nakatomi Tower for that one.
You’ve probably been oversaturated with those whiney commenters on social media saying ‘no way am I dropping 1k for a figure’ which neglects the fact it’s a two figure set plus tons of hands, arms, weapons, display podium and enormous diorama.

Regarding packaging- sure you can compress it all so everything sits right next to each another but that reduces rigidity which no one seems to be factoring in here and I think that a sturdy box is pretty essential when there’s a giant slab of pokey metal and a plank of actual wood packed right next to these expensive figures. We all know how the postal service treat packages.
Something heavy like this is gonna be dropped plenty of times so that foam needs enough structural integrity to not shatter upon impact.

The Batman ALL IN set will make this look like a bungalow in comparison to its sky-scraping godliness!

You’ve probably been oversaturated with those whiney commenters on social media saying ‘no way am I dropping 1k for a figure’ which neglects the fact it’s a two figure set plus tons of hands, arms, weapons, display podium and enormous diorama.

Regarding packaging- sure you can compress it all so everything sits right next to each another but that reduces rigidity which no one seems to be factoring in here and I think that a sturdy box is pretty essential when there’s a giant slab of pokey metal and a plank of actual wood packed right next to these expensive figures. We all know how the postal service treat packages.
Something heavy like this is gonna be dropped plenty of times so that foam needs enough structural integrity to not shatter upon impact.

The Batman ALL IN set will make this look like a bungalow in comparison to its sky-scraping godliness!
Still don't agree, and "reduces rigidity which no one seems to be factoring in here" is not true. I factored it when looking at the packaging. I have some experience with packaging design. It's an artform, as far as I'm concerned, and they've done a poor job. You can still have the hard-packed foam in a rectangular format, rather than the odd triangle shape, split, as others have pointed out, over 3-4 levels. I like the fact the heads are in those tubes, and figures in bags. That's a nice touch.

Still don't agree, and "reduces rigidity which no one seems to be factoring in here" is not true. I factored it when looking at the packaging. I have some experience with packaging design. It's an artform, as far as I'm concerned, and they've done a poor job. You can still have the hard-packed foam in a rectangular format, rather than the odd triangle shape, split, as others have pointed out, over 3-4 levels. I like the fact the heads are in those tubes, and figures in bags. That's a nice touch.
Creative problem solving doesn’t constitute art in my book. It’s an exercise in efficiency, practically and presentation; a learned skill with a consistent objective.

Seems that if you agree the rigidity shouldn’t be reduced that we’re just splitting hairs between either preferring 2 long trays or four more common dlx sized trays that makes it deeper and allow it to be a rectangle or square.

Weight either stays the same or increases as you’re actually using more foam with additional trays and the shipping rate is still within the large package range. You save no money on shipping, the company increases materials costs and it inconveniences the unboxing experience with more space-consuming trays to move around.

We want innovation in this hobby but, the second a company deviates from the established norm, everyone loses their minds!

Creative problem solving doesn’t constitute art in my book. It’s an exercise in efficiency, practically and presentation; a learned skill with a consistent objective.

Seems that if you agree the rigidity shouldn’t be reduced that we’re just splitting hairs between either preferring 2 long trays or four more common dlx sized trays that makes it deeper and allow it to be a rectangle or square.

Weight either stays the same or increases as you’re actually using more foam with additional trays and the shipping rate is still within the large package range. You save no money on shipping, the company increases materials costs and it inconveniences the unboxing experience with more space-consuming trays to move around.

We want innovation in this hobby but, the second a company deviates from the established norm, everyone loses their minds!
We're on different pages and I believe you've missed the point. I'm not in an argumentative mood, so I'll agree to disagree with you and leave it there. No point flogging a dead horse (y)

Last edited:
[...]

InArt: "Yes, lets break the mold even further and make a box with only 1 right angle! They will call us 'innovative' even down to our packaging! This is what collectors have been waiting for in figure box design and they expect US to give it to them! Huzzah!"

OK I see it now, the head does look kinda big when he isn't wearing the coat. That sculpt does anyway, but I'm assuming the 2 heads are the same size.
Yeah that's another reason I'll probably be selling that figure. Not only does the expression look a bit off but the proportions just aren't working for me nearly as well.

Fortunately I only ever needed the one coated Joker anyway.

OK I see it now, the head does look kinda big when he isn't wearing the coat. That sculpt does anyway, but I'm assuming the 2 heads are the same size.
Yeah that's another reason I'll probably be selling that figure. Not only does the expression look a bit off but the proportions just aren't working for me nearly as well.

Fortunately I only ever needed the one coated Joker anyway.
The sculpt also looks fine in a lot of photos we've seen so I'd be curious to see where the issue is stemming from. I think some members said it's from some reviewers not futzing the collar and shirt properly but who knows. The sculpt is probably a bit overscaled to better fit the purple coat look but thankfully isn't anything that out of place.

nLB1Kqo.jpg

You need both sculpted AND both rooted... true fan, right?
I just want the single sculpted sculpt on it's own to just have in the collection but I imagine resellers will be selling the sculpt for $200 alone. Might as well get the full figure at that point. Might not though, it's not a necessity, just a want.

Last edited:
Selling one figure is a great way to recoup most of your cost.
That's what I'm thinking of doing as well, along with the jail dio.
You need both sculpted AND both rooted... true fan, right?
Indeed! That's what I'm hoping to do as well. I want the sculpted versions just in case something happens with the rooted down the line

Well... which is it? Selling or Hoarding?
Both? :dunno I want the sculpted headsculpts (not the full deluxe pack again), but I also don't need the extra body or jail dio that's coming with my rooted 2-pack. So, ideally buying the sculpted heads when these start getting parted out hopefully, but also selling the jail dio and extra body.

If you're referring to me selling part of my collection, I'm still putting them altogether. Takes some time when you've got around 50ish items or so to account for and/or put back into their boxes. Plus, take all the pics.

Last edited:
Me buying the double rooted pack and also wanting a single sculpted package.

6f39343ef7e16adaa4ef4b13c39cddb0.gif
with how good the tailoring is, i honestly considered the same if I can get my hands on a sculpted single pack. id love to kitbash custom parts and topo's set. i really like the wired coat and waistcoat that inart went with. if the opportunity arises, I might shell another 350 to get a standard set. diecast weapons are also a big big plus

Back