1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I've only just noticed on that sculpted video is that the 'skin' lines on the forehead are supposed to be in the wrinkles. That's what makes the makeup come off the Joker.

But here they've painted them on in a completely different place and you can see the winkles sitting much higher. Huh.

One of the things I see people lauding about InArt are the magnetic bases, how it's revolutionary, great, overdue...

Those things may be true, to some extent at least. But man are they in for a stark wake up call when they realize their T posed, slapped on a stand and shoved amongst 25 figures in a detolf shelf "technique" of posing won't cut it anymore.

If magnetic stands really are the future, a lot of folks are going to have to learn to actually play with their toys and properly pose them. Even museum poses require an attention to center of mass, what your threshold is for ankle tilt, counterbalance with accessories, and more. Magnets in the feet aren't going to magically make those go away, in fact I genuinely expect the magnetic stand to be a "con" for a lot of people who simply don't have the patience or eye for posing.

I can already hear it in tons of reviews: "Joker looks great but absolutely can't stand on his own. The magnetic base is a nice idea, but InArt really dropped the ball by not including a traditional stand". All the while the poor figure is going to be center frame with a posture that looks like you asked a toddler to draw a newborn deer taking it's first steps.
My only experience with a magnetic base is the Bela Lugosi Dracula figure I got in yesterday and so far it's a revelation.

No way is he going anywhere once on that stand. Even leaning all his body weight forward he doesn't topple over. In fact you can pick him up by the head and the base comes with him.

I imagine InArt's magnets will be just as strong.

Just watched the review on the sculpted hair Joker and oh boy am I glad I impulse bought the Premium Version and the standard for The Batman. I felt like a fat kid with cake looking at the sculpt that Justin reviewed

One of the things I see people lauding about InArt are the magnetic bases, how it's revolutionary, great, overdue...

Those things may be true, to some extent at least. But man are they in for a stark wake up call when they realize their T posed, slapped on a stand and shoved amongst 25 figures in a detolf shelf "technique" of posing won't cut it anymore.

If magnetic stands really are the future, a lot of folks are going to have to learn to actually play with their toys and properly pose them. Even museum poses require an attention to center of mass, what your threshold is for ankle tilt, counterbalance with accessories, and more. Magnets in the feet aren't going to magically make those go away, in fact I genuinely expect the magnetic stand to be a "con" for a lot of people who simply don't have the patience or eye for posing.

I can already hear it in tons of reviews: "Joker looks great but absolutely can't stand on his own. The magnetic base is a nice idea, but InArt really dropped the ball by not including a traditional stand". All the while the poor figure is going to be center frame with a posture that looks like you asked a toddler to draw a newborn deer taking it's first steps.
It would be cool if they would include a magnetic crotch grabber as an option.

Sculpted looks great as well. I'm kind of tempted to pick up a single sculpted from Kit but I know I don't NEED it.

Someone persuade me otherwise. :medic

xoz30BE.png
Do it

Almost seems like they are trying to avoid showing this one but its probably just a coincidence
Screenshot_2022-10-20-02-59-41-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I like the sculpted version but I still think they didn’t do well with hiding the hair plugs. They’re much easier to see on the sculpt above. Other than I’m very happy with what I see so far.

I like the sculpted version but I still think they didn’t do well with hiding the hair plugs. They’re much easier to see on the sculpt above. Other than I’m very happy with what I see so far.
That is what makes me curious about seeing how the one above came out. I think on the other one they did a good job.

Back