1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do get the concern. I just committed to TWO effin POs of the deluxe.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. It’s a big risk I and many others are taking. Just like how you’re taking a risk and waiting to see what HT will cook up.

But...the optimistic side of me is telling me we’re in good hands.
If Hot Toys doesn't reveal anything by the time Kit cuts the PO for this I'm just going with Queen, I'm willing to wait until then to see if Hot Toys shows something or even Queen listens to the people's demands and decides to make a limited standard rooted version.

Does anyone know exactly why Enterbay loss to Hot Toys? I'm pretty new to this hobby but was looking at Enterbay past archive of work and it looks like they made some really great stuff back in the days. How did they ended up where they are now?

Lack of IPs due to HT snatching up the popular ones. And when they did land on the same IP (terminator) EB were only allowed to produce 1/4 figures. 1/4 was new at the time and I think I’m not wrong in saying they were the first ones to make them.

At a certain point it became a p!$$ing contest and EB decided to just move away from major fictional IPs and stuck with NBA, which was pretty successful for them.

I'm not being a fanboy here but this is not true, Hot Toys absolutely can... if they try, problem is they've gotten comfortable where they're at and I think they might just cut their losses and let Queen win this one while they keep making money off Disney without breaking a sweat.

The thing also is, all these companies use the same factories, you'd be amazed at how much stuff Hot Toys produces in the same factories as third parties, often a great product can come directly from the same factory where a ****** one was made, it's really up to the people in charge, I've high hopes for Queen, their heart is obviously in the game but part me is skeptical they can deliver on everything they promised.

Exactly. They have a talented team of artist and plenty of resources. There's no reason why they can't. It's just why should they? They're raking in the dough with Disney. If there's a response to this it may just be out of ego and not much else. And it'll sell. Hot Toys have their devotees.

I hate the hot toys battinson. Looks like an action figure (you know what I mean). Wait and see. Queen is about to school them with theyre own battinson.
I hope so but QS Batman statues have been very underwhelming so far. They will have to do much better on their figure to top the Hot Toys Battinson.

Well the big reason is I dont want to spend over $1000 on the rooted double pack, I don't have space for the heavy metal base and I don't care for the smirking head with shorter hair, I'm definitely tempted as hell to put in a pre-order for the standard version to get that easter egg but a little voice in the back of my head says "what if Hot Toys announces a Joker with an actual good sculpt this time, beautiful detailed hair, more accessories and a space friendly base?" Now I know it sounds silly as hell, but Queen is getting started in 1/6, and they're making huge promises, me knowing so much that goes in the industry I'm a little skeptical, they're not saying they will match the proto they're saying they will exceed it and that rarely happens, especially for newcomers.
I think about it like this. You can spend the money on an iphone that will last you a few years. This will last a lifetime and unlike the iphone it wont loose its value. Maybe you can split it with another collector.

This will last a lifetime and unlike the iphone it wont loose its value.

I don't even count on value anymore for these toys. When something better comes, this will definitely lose some value.

I hope so but QS Batman statues have been very underwhelming so far. They will have to do much better on their figure to top the Hot Toys Battinson.
John was tampering expectations during the live streams saying they can't please everyone, and one example he gave was the Pattinson statue, they're commiting to what they've made, which is Batman standing on top of a mini batmobile, as you said they'll have to do much better in 1/6 to beat Hot Toys.

So this IOSS scheme for paying customs fees in the EU which someone says OneSixthKit uses - I didn't see any mention of it at payment - is it accounted for in the $1096 total?

I think about it like this. You can spend the money on an iphone that will last you a few years. This will last a lifetime and unlike the iphone it wont loose its value. Maybe you can split it with another collector.
Everyone said that about the DX11 and here we are, this won't last a life time, nothing does, and the industry is rapidly evolving to the point this Joker might get outclassed by Queen themselves or someone else in a few years, as for value I really don't care about it, I still have some pretty poor Sideshow figures just because of what they mean to me, I collect and make figures with my heart, of characters that are near and dear to me, this is one of them, but I can't drop $1000 on it like this and then try to resell the jail dio and extra joker on what would likely be a loss in the local market where I'm at, had they made a standard rooted version I would've already put in a PO.

I don't even count on value anymore for these toys. When something better comes, this will definitely lose some value.
not just money value but the sentimental value will last. Even if some one releases a better joker, how much more better do you need it to be? The dx11 looses value because it always left alot to be desired.

Jeez this board really is moving fast. Sorry if this has been asked/answered already but do we know if this is actually Articulated as in action figure?

Jeez this board really is moving fast. Sorry if this has been asked/answered already but do we know if this is actually Articulated as in action figure?
Yup, John from Queen confirmed it, there should be more details in the in-depth video fo the figure that's supposed to drop today.

Back