1/6 IN-FAMOUS - Infinity War - Dark Star (Cull Obsidian) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he and Maw were my favorites

Yep, same here. They make a great pair... and also would look amazing as a trio with Thanos.

I forgot to mention that price is also a bit of an issue. Someone early on said $200 :lol and at that price I would jump. But at the more realistic $370... well, that hurts a lot more.

Good question. I never got Proxima or Corvus, so the idea of having the full Black Order ended for me some time ago. I thought that if they made Cull he would pair nicely with Ebony Maw, but now seeing him, I'm not liking the overscaled size -- which also severely limits just where I can display him. As much as I want him... I think I'm going to have to pass.

That said, I never PO... so if this comes out really good, and perhaps gets scaled down a bit or if I can get his height down a bit by bent legs that don't give out, then I may very well grab him on release. I've done that with Ebony Maw, Ronan and most recently with Rick Deckard.

But I'm REALLY happy to see that they actually came through and made all 4 villains. Going to be insane sets for those who have all of them. Still wonder why In-Famous didn't make Corvus... or if it was TE, why the change to Toys Battalion? Maybe something to do with Hot Toys as Corvus was the only proto HT displayed.
Bingo, it's because HT made the Corvus prototype. That's exactly why they made him under the Toys Battalion name. The box art is exactly the same as Ebony and Proxima with the same graphics on the sides and back.

I was thinking about this earlier today, why they would use the different name compared to the other 3. Once you mentioned it, it made complete sense to me.

Yep, same here. They make a great pair... and also would look amazing as a trio with Thanos.

I forgot to mention that price is also a bit of an issue. Someone early on said $200 :lol and at that price I would jump. But at the more realistic $370... well, that hurts a lot more.
Well, the OSK price includes shipping. There's no way anyone's selling this for under $300 including shipping. Giantoy is usually a bit cheaper than OSK - they'll probably have it for $355-$360.

While it’s nice to see the final member of the Order, I cannot understand how they could get the scale so wrong. I really hate sloppy work. No doubt they’ve read the many, many complaints on FB. Unfortunately it’s probably too late to do anything at this point. That said, once again there aren’t any other options. Maybe it won’t look so bad pushed to the back.

I added a redline to the comparisons so maybe easier to see where Cull is too tall.

Cull COMP redlined.jpg

Cull to Maw COMP redlined.jpg

Good question. I never got Proxima or Corvus, so the idea of having the full Black Order ended for me some time ago. I thought that if they made Cull he would pair nicely with Ebony Maw, but now seeing him, I'm not liking the overscaled size -- which also severely limits just where I can display him. As much as I want him... I think I'm going to have to pass.

That said, I never PO... so if this comes out really good, and perhaps gets scaled down a bit or if I can get his height down a bit by bent legs that don't give out, then I may very well grab him on release. I've done that with Ebony Maw, Ronan and most recently with Rick Deckard.

But I'm REALLY happy to see that they actually came through and made all 4 villains. Going to be insane sets for those who have all of them. Still wonder why In-Famous didn't make Corvus... or if it was TE, why the change to Toys Battalion? Maybe something to do with Hot Toys as Corvus was the only proto HT displayed.
If you want the full Black Order in a displayable size, I highly recommend the Iron Studios set. The deluxe Thanos also allows the the pose where he's saying "charge" with the sword out. It's a good look.

Black Order Iron Studios.jpg

I am sure all of you creative and talented people will find a way to mod him to the proper scale.

These height errors are by design. In-Famous’s lawyers will use them to argue against copyright infringement. “Black Order? They’re completely out of scale relative to each other. How could you possibly think they’re the Black Order???”
This makes no sense. Disney has no jurisdiction there.

I am sure all of you creative and talented people will find a way to mod him to the proper scale.
I think a good customizer might be able to take him down by roughly 2cm (about 3/4") without appreciably screwing up the proportions. Figure roughly 1/4" off the torso, 1/2" off the legs and maybe 1/16" off the soles of the shoes. Forearms would also need to shortened a bit. He'd still be out of scale, but would probably present better. Angle of the photo isn't ideal for photoshopping, but here's a rough approximation. The issue would be finding someone who can do it and the cost.
CullObsidian_Height_Mod-1.jpg

I think a good customizer might be able to take him down by roughly 2cm (about 3/4") without appreciably screwing up the proportions. Figure roughly 1/4" off the torso, 1/2" off the legs and maybe 1/16" off the soles of the shoes. Forearms would also need to shortened a bit. He'd still be out of scale, but would probably present better. Angle of the photo isn't ideal for photoshopping, but here's a rough approximation. The issue would be finding someone who can do it and the cost. View attachment 562720
I was thinking a simpler solution would be to give Ebony Maw some ankle extensions but his calves already are quite long - he'd probably look like he was walking on stilts. :lol

Alot of work for little gain.

I think the only reasonable solution for most people is bending the knees and getting him into more of a crouched position, if that is even possible without him looking like he's staring at the floor.

Alot of work for little gain.

I think the only reasonable solution for most people is bending the knees and getting him into more of a crouched position, if that is even possible without him looking like he's staring at the floor.
Ebony Maw will be on a stand and he won't be, so that will help a little bit. I also have a couple of extra rectangular stands like his - I could stack two of them if needed. That's what I did with Shuri in my Black Panther display so she doesn't look so diminutive. Worked like a charm and it doesn't require additional shelf space.

They already have a large body for Juggernaut and the ridiculous Kingpin. Thats my guess on how big he will be.

Back