1/6 Hoy Toys - TMS 087 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Crosshair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, not sure any collectors will be a fan of this going forward.

Especially those that like to wait until the blog photos and in-hand photos come out before making a decision. Something like the OBK Kenobi or Doc Ock from NWH, whose face sculpts were a bit off might have a lot of collectors waiting for it to release to see in-hand reviews, now they might have to pre-order months before the figure comes out just to make sure they secure one.
I am guessing that is exactly what SS want, for FOMO ordering behaviour

I am guessing that is exactly what SS want, for FOMO ordering behaviour
Yep. I feel the same way. They get that FOMO mentality into people to make collectors pre-order more impulsively. It doesn’t matter to them either way because they’ve got that NRD locked in and if someone cancels and an item is on waitlist someone else will pick up that order. Kinda shady really.

FYI: BBTS just put up another 9 HT Cross Hair for PO. Either someone canceled a lot or they plan on getting more.

I grabbed one because I waited too long on SS. Also PO'ed Wrecker and Tech on SS with reward points, the days are gone of getting figures when they are in stock.

..... or Doc Ock from NWH, whose face sculpts were a bit off might have a lot of collectors waiting for it to release to see in-hand reviews, now they might have to pre-order months before the figure comes out just to make sure they secure one.

That Doc Ock sculpt is one of the most puzzling HT decisions in a long time. This is a monstrously expensive figure, and THAT was the sculpt they put on it...? This just me, I'm NOT PAYING $500 and just hoping against hope that they update the sculpt. What I'll do is just not order, that's too big of a gamble. Come to think of it that Norman Osborn sculpt was pretty damn bad too. He was top tier pricing.

In other news, Jesse finally has a tracking number and I'm looking forward to his arrival.

People jumping on the Crosshair WL now have a good chance of fulfillment. People jumping on four months from now, dunno.

People jumping on the Crosshair WL now have a good chance of fulfillment. People jumping on four months from now, dunno.
The figure will be easily available when it is released from places like TBA or if you are more patiently inclined Popcultcha always has extra stock when they get figures in. I don’t understand the obsession with ordering through Sideshow and the whole oops sorry it’s gone but if you sign up there is a slim chance you may get one alternate reality.

That Doc Ock sculpt is one of the most puzzling HT decisions in a long time. This is a monstrously expensive figure, and THAT was the sculpt they put on it...? This just me, I'm NOT PAYING $500 and just hoping against hope that they update the sculpt. What I'll do is just not order, that's too big of a gamble. Come to think of it that Norman Osborn sculpt was pretty damn bad too. He was top tier pricing.

In other news, Jesse finally has a tracking number and I'm looking forward to his arrival.

That is what I'm saying, it is a bit ridiculous. Not to mention you have hundreds of collectors who don't follow things as much as we do on the forums, might not pre-order and just buy figures when they seem them in-stock. With the way things are currently heading, new figures won't even be in-stock lol. Hopefully things balance themselves out in a year or two, and these figures can be available for in-stock for a bit, similar to how it was pre-covid.

Congrats on the tracking number for Jesse, you'll have to let us know when you finally get him in hand.

The figure will be easily available when it is released from places like TBA or if you are more patiently inclined Popcultcha always has extra stock when they get figures in. I don’t understand the obsession with ordering through Sideshow and the whole oops sorry it’s gone but if you sign up there is a slim chance you may get one alternate reality.
I dunno, people said the same about Shiny White Trooper

What figure is that?
It's the plain white clone trooper. From Clone Wars. Highly sought after and sold out everywhere by release.

Production runs are absolutely getting smaller. Pre-ordering is a necessity if you're sure you want something. I'm just going straight through Kit now when I know I want something for sure. Not risking it.

It's the plain white clone trooper. From Clone Wars. Highly sought after and sold out everywhere by release.

Production runs are absolutely getting smaller. Pre-ordering is a necessity if you're sure you want something. I'm just going straight through Kit now when I know I want something for sure. Not risking it.
Ok thanks that figure wasn’t on my radar. I agree you probably need to preorder but at the same time I’m over ordering something and then waiting two years for it.

The thing is though it’s so ridiculous it has to be that way. We’re essentially expected to order something right away if we want it, but the item won’t be in our hands for a minimum of a year and likely closer to two years in most cases.

On top of that we’re not being told when we need to secure our orders so just do it right away. Stupid all around if you ask me.

Not always anymore unfortunately. There’s precedent for figures pre-selling out at Popcultcha.

We are currently in an era where production runs are smaller because the number of units being both ordered and manufactured are smaller.

It has to be with the excess of figures Hot Toys and distributors miscalculated on. We are paying the price for their missteps and hubris.

And I wouldn’t say it’s really an obsession with Sideshow. People are just talking about them a lot because they still feel blindsided by them closing preorders early and are still not used to the idea that most of these figures are not going to be in stock.

Sideshow gets a lot of flak - some justified, some not - but as the US distributor, many are going to be inclined to order from them. A lot of us here don’t. I prefer US authorized retailers like many, some go through Hong Kong, etc.

The main point though is that the wait and see days are gone for now.

Preorder with your preferred authorized retailer as soon as possible. Preorder from Sideshow within several months. International retailers are a good back up but not a guarantee.

The thing is though it’s so ridiculous it has to be that way. We’re essentially expected to order something right away if we want it, but the item won’t be in our hands for a minimum of a year and likely closer to two years in most cases.

On top of that we’re not being told when we need to secure our orders so just do it right away. Stupid all around if you ask me.
I never said I agree with it haha it’s just the way it is now.

Its not that people who order from SSC are the hobby equivalent of GWAR-slaves, in the front row chanting praises as various noxious fluids and male-genital-related jokes are thrown over us, its that we like the reward points.

Reward points enabled me to get Jesse for half off. Of course in the end I paid money to do that but.... Its more than you get from other retailers. Plus if you have a problem SSC is pretty responsive.

Its not that people who order from SSC are the hobby equivalent of GWAR-slaves, in the front row chanting praises as various noxious fluids and male-genital-related jokes are thrown over us, its that we like the reward points.

Reward points enabled me to get Jesse for half off. Of course in the end I paid money to do that but.... Its more than you get from other retailers. Plus if you have a problem SSC is pretty responsive.
Not to say Sideshow rewards aren’t nice but I’ve found other places that offer a better up front deal and I still gain rewards. I feel like a lot of people are just so reliant on Sideshow but in my opinion there are better options out there.
All fair points. Just broke my non-HT preorder streak with Jesse. About $350AU with discount.

To me, this whole mess started with Justin and his crusade to defend Toys Wonderland. Then he recruited all the other “influencers” to dunk on SS and together they all started this NoDOPO movement. And even tho things were getting over produced and there were piles of Marvel figures available after release, it wasn’t till then that a PO would go up like a wet fart and lots of folks were on the NoDOPO train. There were probably enough people DOPOing to keep revenue up at SS, but once they started their merry brigade, that probably brought their revenues to a trickle.

Now SS, theyve never had the visionary leadership to creatively combate all this. They got right down in the mud with those guys, which is par for them as this was not the first fan fight they’ve been in. In as such, they’ve been at a loss to permanently win back their customer base and once again, chose violence. Now this latest course correction of theirs is, in one hand, prodding people to go back to DOPOing, but simultaneously pushing others to purchase from the very retailers that started all this mess.

That’s my 2cents, probably worth less 🍻

They might be, but there are a lot more HK sellers than those guys but they are sus.

Back