1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, not talking about QC, just rubber problems. Sounds like you have been extremely lucky. I think your opinion might be slightly less rosy if you spent a small fortune last year for a figure, which then inexplicably rots after literally weeks of ownership. And then to see the company who manufactured it claim no responsibility for the problem?

As I said this will be a DX02 or a DX09, we all hope it's a DX09, because it rocks hard.
Hot Toys Rubber = Buyer Beware.

Ah, gotcha. I see what you're saying.
Actually, I have to agree with you somewhat cause I completely forgot about my Batman Begins v2 which was much more inferior than
the the original OC batman. The rubber suit on that was a mess and they apparantly used paint that started peeling off like everyone else.
the footpegs disintegrated also.
I'll take your word on the rubber boots switch. :lol

But yes, I guess I'm more forgiving, cause that was "The" only problematic figure I had from HT, but everything I have bought has been issue free.
Even the ones with lots of rubber on it.
And I just wanted to correct that 89 bats shouldnt be on the list.
But Hot toys can show that they can also do rubber right, like dx12, or even the 1/4 TDK...That's 1/4 of rubber than has no rubber issues that I'm aware of.
I see where you're getting at though, cause they also have no excuse for the ED209.

There's restriction as shown in the "bounce back" but it doesn't mean that's it's limit.. there was a lot of resistance in my Begins figure but I was still able to get the arms up high for the keysi pose in the previous page.

I used to have the TDK Begins suit and if i recall correctly it wasn't that bad actually allthough there was a little.The rubber was tighter on the body so it wasn't a problem.My Old Rocky and Rambo figures didn't have that problem either.I think it has something to do with the "baggy" suit over a standard body underneath.The Rubber folding itself around the joint so it restricts the range of motion.Plus,the bulk on this makes it even harder to give it a great pose.Like i said,if they gave it seperate rubber arms like Thor and probably other figures im not aware of,we could avoid this:

14cttft.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, such a tough decision with this one.
I don't think a custom, cloth suit will work, without also massively modding the body. Part of the bulk, and therefore part of the look of the figure, is due to the rubber suit. If you change the rubber suit to a cloth one, he won't have the bulk/look of the game. As some have mentioned, I don't generally pose my Batmen in dynamic poses, but right now, they all have at least one arm bent more than this figure would allow (without wrinkling/folding up the suit at the elbow or shoulder).
At the same time, it could be that the wrinkling/folding is due to extra material used to help stop the outfit from tearing at the joints when posed. Can't really have one without the other...
Such a tough decision, but some of those pics look spectacular!!!!

Put a cloth suit on the figure and you'll get SSC's Batman.

Make your choice wisely.

I would like to see the results of the switch. I am getting this. I usually prefer Museum poses to I will not have a problem with this figure.

Why buy it and change the suit? Just make a custom kit bash, keep in mind it will not be a HT figure and nor it will be from arkham game.

Separete arms would have ruined the suit.

There in lies the problem facing hot toys. Someone complains either way. Having it fold like that isn't the best look but it's actually realistic. Because that's what the suit would actually do in reality. Not gonna fault them for that.

There in lies the problem facing hot toys. Someone complains either way. Having it fold like that isn't the best look but it's actually realistic. Because that's what the suit would actually do in reality. Not gonna fault them for that.

This is one scenario that I actually agree with you on. To create a suit that looked like the one in AC, and was that flexible, they'd need to, probably, create a never-before-seen material, which is pretty unrealistic for a toy company. They could either sacrifice articulation or aesthetics, and I'm glad they chose the former, honestly.

When you really think about it, as insane as some of the moves in the Arkham games were, Batman was pretty rigid in his movements outside of combat, from the way he walked to his posture when standing, and, let's be realistic, who here was going to have their Arkham Batman posed in a perpetual handstand/flip on the shoulders of some kitbashed Joker thug?:lol

I think it turned out great. They really improved on the suit compared to the proto. It's rubber, so it has it's limitations, however I don't think it would look as good with a fabric suit.

I will pick this one up earlier to release date at home.

I personally can't wait to get this on friday.

He'll be in a meseum pose looking beastly on my shelf thats all i care about. I have faith it won't deteriorate.

i mean just look at it

11194565_10152791810947344_5307181564210758599_o.jpg

11187127_10152791811387344_257957288902183924_o.jpg

This is one scenario that I actually agree with you on. To create a suit that looked like the one in AC, and was that flexible, they'd need to, probably, create a never-before-seen material, which is pretty unrealistic for a toy company. They could either sacrifice articulation or aesthetics, and I'm glad they chose the former, honestly.

When you really think about it, as insane as some of the moves in the Arkham games were, Batman was pretty rigid in his movements outside of combat, from the way he walked to his posture when standing, and, let's be realistic, who here was going to have their Arkham Batman posed in a perpetual handstand/flip on the shoulders of some kitbashed Joker thug?:lol

Almost had a heart attack...you agreed. Lol just messing with you.

Yea it's just a no win. You can't please everyone so do the one that may actually attract new customers. Most established collectors are goig to spend that same amount, they just pick and choose which ones to spend on. So it doesn't really matter. (Well it does but what I'm saying is either way someone gets upset). So you go with the better looking figure, the one that takes great promo pics to try and bring in new people.

I personally think it's amazing. And with rubber I never planned to leave it in one pose long. The suits designed for the movies that costs 25-100k that are rubber crease and deterioration happens if not handled with care so how can you expect "exact" mini copies to be better?

They managed to capture the unique look on the fabric on Man of Steel,so if they bothered making a new body for this,a fabric suit would work very well imo.

Back