1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every picture I see of Batman I can't get over just how huge he is compared to other figures. My biggest figure is AOU Cap, does anyone have that and Arkham bats and how do they compare when side by side?

Jab1023's pic I guess sums it up. I have AoU Cap but he's on a different shelf, and he's just as tall as '66 Batman, same contrapposto pose. Arkham Bats can even make 1/6 HT Arnies look not so tough. He's even bigger in girth compared to MoS Superman, but MoS is the best pair to go with Arkham Batman on a shelf.

I'm a little surprised everyone is using the angry faceplate.

Anyway, I really hope someone does some custom shin guards and gauntlets for this guy. Would gladly shell out the cash.

I'm one of those who love using non-neutral headsculpts/faceplates :) tO me it brings life to the figure and display given appropriate poses/stance :)

Thanks! Partially. It's a hybrid between the Kumik, Sideshow's, and a custom headsculpt for sale on this forum.

Kumik body & suit
Sideshow hands, bracers, diamond, and whip
HT Toys Suckerpunch Amber boots
Custom headsculpt

She is my ideal Catwoman and pretty close to her Arkham look as well.

Here are some older pictures with my custom Arkham Batman:

Jab1023's pic I guess sums it up. I have AoU Cap but he's on a different shelf, and he's just as tall as '66 Batman, same contrapposto pose. Arkham Bats can even make 1/6 HT Arnies look not so tough. He's even bigger in girth compared to MoS Superman, but MoS is the best pair to go with Arkham Batman on a shelf.

And it's going to be interesting to see the size of the Joker if/when he is released. He should be a little shorter than Bats, but if he's child-sized it could look weird posing them together.

Here's a pic of my figure with Tony's cape (and lowered belt mod). :) I agree that this figure has PRESENCE, and growing up on Conroy Batman, it might be my favorite Batman piece to date.

Here's a pic of my figure with Tony's cape (and lowered belt mod). :) I agree that this figure has PRESENCE, and growing up on Conroy Batman, it might be my favorite Batman piece to date.

Yep, it really makes the movie batman figures look like pansies. :duff

Would have been great if it had Iron Man-level detail on the gauntlets and boots -- interlocking parts rather than fully-sculpted.

Now that I'm getting into the Arkham games, this figure is becoming much more appealing to me (And for those of you who told me Kevin Conroy is a badass, you were absolutely correct. The dude totally owns the role and really does bring batman to life in the game!) The only thing holding me back from getting this figure is the comic-book body proportions, which I'm not sure will mesh well the rest of my collection which consists of only realistically proportioned figures.

I know a lot of you have mentioned he towers above all other figures. But other than his height, does he look out of place due to his comic-book, superhero body physique as well? Please say yes so I can have a reason to pass on this figure and save some money for a change :lol

And it's going to be interesting to see the size of the Joker if/when he is released. He should be a little shorter than Bats, but if he's child-sized it could look weird posing them together.

I though Joker was supposed to be taller than Bruce.

Edit- I confirmed it, Joker is officially 6' 5", so he has 3 inches on Bats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though Joker was supposed to be taller than Bruce.

Edit- I confirmed it, Joker is officially 6' 5", so he has 3 inches on Bats.

Confirmed where?

Joker is 6 ft in the games. Bats is indeed 6-2.
arkh_by_honoramongscars-d8xujud.png

batmanac-Profile.jpg

Confirmed where?

Joker is 6 ft in the games. Bats is indeed 6-2.

According to DC Comics, based on my Google searches. I know that's what I always understood. I suppose it depends on the writer.

6ft 5? I don't think I've ever seen him that tall.

Edit-I think maybe new earth he was that tall. But most of the time he's 6ftish. Above average but almost always shorter then Wayne.

image.jpg

Beautiful photos, Marfmaster and cr0w!

Would have been great if it had Iron Man-level detail on the gauntlets and boots -- interlocking parts rather than fully-sculpted.

I also thought about that while I was adding up some weathering effects on the gauntlets and boots. HT could have given this figure and us fans more love by doing that.

I checked the official DC Encyclopedia as well, and they said he's 6' 5". It still probably depends on the comic series you are reading. I'd say DC's official stance is 6' 5" based on their own encyclopedia.
2ec1174048e310495f54827053731b23.jpg

Does anyone else have the issue where his feet won't support him standing up? The joints on mine are super, super loose.

Yeah. I won't risk displaying him without the stand, unlike most of my figures. When I saw Shartimus' review I mentioned that I didn't like the way the boots were cut for ankle articulation. I thought it can be tucked in as someone mentioned in response to my comment on the review, but no. That could have made the ankles more supported after having it in desired position given the reports of ankle joints that are looser than they should be. I think his feet could have been bigger too.

PS: you can tighten the joints by adding some clear nail polish around the balls of the ankle or a dab of crazy glue. There are tactics to tighten most exposed joints. EG: if you have a loose head you can do the same thing. I had to do that to my Star Lord

Back