1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thoughts - he looks amazing, instant pre-order.

Second thoughts - are they kidding making the head sculpt exclusive to the throne set?! Thing is, buying the sculpt off the secondary market will likely cost almost as much as just buying the throne set so if you want the sculpt it's almost more economical to buy the throne anyway as you won't really save much buying the sculpt separate. Or risk waiting for a BOBF version and hoping they don't make the sculpt a deluxe set exclusive 3 times in a row :ROFLMAO:

People who buy both may be selling their extra heads. I'll already have one from the first Deluxe, and selling my second might help defray costs for the throne set. There is no real way Boba Fresh is going to be displayed without the helmet, at least over here. So people like me may well sell.

Damn it..now I got to pay extra for the throne version because of the unmasked sculpt not in the normal version :pfft:

I never thought I would turn into a Boba Fett fanboy, but here we are. :lol

I have absolutely no idea where I'm putting it, but there's no way I'm passing up Boba on that throne, especially if we're getting that awesome looking Fennec Shand to (eventually) put alongside it!

BTW - Is this the pic that's supposed to be a Koska tease?

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 12-38-24 Let Your Geek Sideshow.png

Not just the painted armor is different than the previous acid-scarred Fett, but he has regained his pouches on his belt rather than the bandoleer of bullets he has on the other Ex-Sarlacc version.

I am tempted to cancel my dx Boba, but my interest in the set has now switched to Boba in robes… so I suppose I won’t cancel.
Sigh

I am tempted to cancel my dx Boba, but my interest in the set has now switched to Boba in robes… so I suppose I won’t cancel.
Sigh
I’d keep the previous order and order this too because the previous armor was a one of kind look

Sigh

I'm not going to cancel, the acid-etched armor is just too divinely detailed. I doubt we'll be seeing that again.

Just imagine opening the box on that set. Its going to be soooo gorgeous.

Damn, HT knows how to get us. Im leaning towards getting the throne but I'm already getting the faded deluxe version. So I'll have 2 of these headsculpts, I guess one's going in ebay. That armor definitely needs to be smoothed out though.

I'm not going to cancel, the acid-etched armor is just too divinely detailed. I doubt we'll be seeing that again.

Just imagine opening the box on that set. Its going to be soooo gorgeous.

That acid-etched armor being available with Mando is why I am questioning canceling it.

Is the armor he repaints actually different? It looks like the same helmet with the same bumpy texture but he just slapped a coat of paint on top.

I don't think Hot Toys is gonna change anything.

217184343_10160272406507448_458744343449196749_n.jpg

The more I think about it the more I will most likely get the deluxe cause of fear of wanting that Throne down the line even thou I have the deluxe previous set on order

Back