1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prototype looks a bit rough but the set is real sick. Thought they'd hold off until around the premiere for this too.

I think I would of been more excited a few months ago but I'm so Mando'd out at this point. Besides 2 members of The Bad Batch and the 2 troopers from Rogue One, it has been straight Mando stuff for 9 months or so now.

I remember his paint being a lot more matte in the series. The worn-look from the two-pack looks a lot more enticing to me now.

The figure's armor shouldn't be so heavily textured it was a lot smoother after the repaint. Looks Iike HT just took the armor mold of the faded/chipped release and painted over it. They cheaped out again!:mad:
20210714_092458.jpg
20210714_092953.jpg

We'll have to post comparison pics on their FB page to let them know what needs to be refined before production i guess.

There will inevitably be more versions of Boba to come but assuming HT do release a Fennec this is a must have for me. Both displayed with that throne, perfect.

Hot Toys might've just wanted to get this out there. They are competing with 3rd parties. I think it is given that they would fix something this obvious.

I think we see a Koska Reeves ( Sasha Banks ) figure tease as well.if you see Boba’s pics..could be Bo..but I think it’s Reeves because Boba is in the pic

I’ll have to squeeze this in as well. I see Fennic propped up on the throne. Did I miss a thread for her? I didn’t see a HT IG post. Probably just a tease for now.

He comes with the tiny holograms of the SLAVE 1 and the Razorcrest. Will they list it as SLAVE 1 or will it be Boba Fett’s space craft or what ever nonsense they’re renaming it?

He comes with the tiny holograms of the SLAVE 1 and the Razorcrest. Will they list it as SLAVE 1 or will it be Boba Fett’s space craft or what ever nonsense they’re renaming it?
The hologram is referred to as "Boba Fett's Star Ship" on the Summer Showcase poster. I think it's safe to say in the eyes of Disney, 'Slave 1' is officially dead.

D19151ED-8337-444B-8A65-759B91CB08B3.jpeg

First thoughts - he looks amazing, instant pre-order.

Second thoughts - are they kidding making the head sculpt exclusive to the throne set?! Thing is, buying the sculpt off the secondary market will likely cost almost as much as just buying the throne set so if you want the sculpt it's almost more economical to buy the throne anyway as you won't really save much buying the sculpt separate. Or risk waiting for a BOBF version and hoping they don't make the sculpt a deluxe set exclusive 3 times in a row :ROFLMAO:

First thoughts - he looks amazing, instant pre-order.

Second thoughts - are they kidding making the head sculpt exclusive to the throne set?! Thing is, buying the sculpt off the secondary market will likely cost almost as much as just buying the throne set so if you want the sculpt it's almost more economical to buy the throne anyway as you won't really save much buying the sculpt separate. Or risk waiting for a BOBF version and hoping they don't make the sculpt a deluxe set exclusive 3 times in a row :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I'm actually pretty upset you can't get the head sculpt without paying for the throne. Cool as the throne may be, I wouldn't want to dedicate space for it, I wouldn't want to leave Boba in it (and it's useless without him), and I don't want to pay $200+ extra for it. I knew they'd re-use that head sculpt for this Boba repaint but I wasn't prepared for them once again making it exclusive to a $500+ set.

Better start building/collecting Fett's syndicate from now. What a ******* journey started from that Deluxe Boba set with Sarlacc pit diorama I bought in 2017, my first Hot Toys dolly too lol.

Back