1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my PO’s are getting up there, its worrying :lol Don’t have space for them all haha.

Unless they’re reworking that sculpt I really can’t see any reason. If they’re using the same sculpt it should just be a case of making the outfit and putting it up.
I've given up trying to make sense of HT, I just hope and wait.

HT Boba repaint armour with Throne2.jpg
HT Boba repaint armour with Throne3.jpg
HT Boba repaint armour with Throne4.jpg
HT Boba repaint armour with Throne5.jpg

They’re really making you spend the money to get that Boba head:pfft:

I honestly thought they’d wait for TBOBF to put out this version.

That green looks way off.
This looks like a rough prototype, if you look at the helmet and armour it looks like they just painted over the bird poop version, his armour looks flat and smooth in the show after he repainted it, this looks bumpy and dinged up.
I agree that the green is a bit off. Seems a little muted.

The armor in the show does still have a weathered texture to it, but it’s really over exaggerated in the Hot Toys version.

At this scale, having none of it sculpted in would be preferable to having, as you put it well, bird poop etched into it.

Last edited:
This one with the off green then they release one with the correct tone for BOBF :lecture
Interesting that I see the green being off in the deluxe pics with throne but it looks better in the stand alone release pics. Different lighting? The clean Boba green had a definite hint of a blue hue in the green that I don't see in the deluxe pics. With all that said, I'm currently hitting F5 waiting for the pre-order :)

I think it’s the slight gloss in the pictures and really over done textured weathering throwing it off a bit.

I remember it being really matte in the show, like that picture.

Looks like they painted over the acid etched version. Hopefully they'll refine it for production.

While the real armour and helmet has traces of the damage after the repaint, it isn't so deeply pitted.

Looks like they painted over the acid etched version. Hopefully they'll refine it for production.

While the real armour and helmet has traces of the damage after the repaint, it isn't so deeply pitted.
This. The Boba repainted armor is smooth. But wow, big mic drop of all the releases so far. Got that throne before the 3rd parties got to it.

This. The Boba repainted armor is smooth. But wow, big mic drop of all the releases so far. Got that throne before the 3rd parties got to it.
I was thinking the same that it doesn't look as smooth as we saw in the show. But then again it somehow makes more sense that the damage to the armour would still show up under the quick new paint job ??

Either way this looks sick !! Definitely need the throne. Perfect centrepiece to have all the other figures from this show to stand around.

Fennic also looks great !!!

Damn, so excited !!!!

Yeah, I said the same right above you so I agree.

Between having no damage texture and having it over exaggerated, I’d prefer none.

Hot Toys is usually good at weathering but they really went overboard here, which was just less noticeable under the paint of the Sarlaac’d version.

Yeah, I said the same right above you so I agree.

Between having no damage texture and having it over exaggerated, I’d prefer none.

Hot Toys is usually good at weathering but they really went overboard here, which was just less noticeable under the paint of the Sarlaac’d version.

Boba must've had some really thick green paint at hand to smooth over the damage.

If only he'd tell Howard where he got it from. lol

Boba must've had some really thick green paint at hand to smooth over the damage.

If only he'd tell Howard where he got it from. lol
Maybe it’s the same type of magical primer or paint that restores the Razor Crest’s exterior to the same appearance despite the ship getting chunks torn out of it several times.

Back