1/6 Hot Toys - Thor: Love and Thunder - Gorr collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot about this…like how I forgot about this film.

Great looking figure…but no thanks. Wasn’t particularly memorable.

jABEr6p.jpg
VxS9TqD.jpg
5F5tqem.jpg

WqLUt0K.jpg
KRk5GoZ.jpg
cy0K2Pj.jpg
VzUuW6z.jpg

bMVT1b0.jpg

PoWziO2.jpg

y3LzZDo.jpg
O0sF65o.jpg
VQ95Qdk.jpg
Z8ayMDF.jpg
D9j4km8.jpg
9GX7uAC.jpg
XNwhgI7.jpg

Wow Gorr looks greatt!! Interesting they're going for it, since they don't seem to do as many villains compared to the heroes.

Anyone gonna use this Bale sculpt on their Bruce Waynes?

That would look kinda creepy :lol I wonder how it'll compare to the Batman figures too, plus I wonder if CB wanted this figure made :lol Or, perhaps since CB's a popular high-profile actor in addition to being part of an MCU property (and their history of all the TDKT Batman figures), it gave them incentive to produce this.

I think it looks great. Obviously joints are an issue but sculpt is fantastic, like the robes, and I think the necrosword is a type of weapon hot toys doesn’t offer with every other figure like a blaster

Boy, there is, like, no excitement for this guy, huh?

He's not even doing well on Sideshow's best sellers list, usually new HT pre-orders skyrocket to the top for a week at least (usually more, depending on character and franchise) but this didn't even come anywhere close.

He's not even doing well on Sideshow's best sellers list, usually new HT pre-orders skyrocket to the top for a week at least (usually more, depending on character and franchise) but this didn't even come anywhere close.
I think it's a combo of what was said about the reception of the movie, along with the fact that, well, he's just kind of plain looking, design-wise. And no interesting accessories. But still at almost $300.
I think we're starting to hit the ceiling on what people are willing to spend on these things.

I think it's a combo of what was said about the reception of the movie, along with the fact that, well, he's just kind of plain looking, design-wise. And no interesting accessories. But still at almost $300.
I think we're starting to hit the ceiling on what people are willing to spend on these things.

All good points, and I think you're right. No one was exactly begging for this guy, it is saying something when a vehicle (AT-RT) sits at the top for the week and both Black Panthers right beside it.

While this guy is rows and rows below them.

All good points, and I think you're right. No one was exactly begging for this guy, it is saying something when a vehicle (AT-RT) sits at the top for the week and both Black Panthers right beside it.

While this guy is rows and rows below them.
Yeah, I thought about how he compares to Hela, for instance. Hela was not only cheaper ($235 to $275), but she had a more eye catching outfit, a fantastic helmet, and some really cool accessories, including her Mjolnir-crushing hand.

Gorr looks really weak by comparison. Four that price, couldn't they have at least thrown in some shadow creatures?

Yeah, I thought about how he compares to Hela, for instance. Hela was not only cheaper ($235 to $275), but she had a more eye catching outfit, a fantastic helmet, and some really cool accessories, including her Mjolnir-crushing hand.

Gorr looks really weak by comparison. Four that price, couldn't they have at least thrown in some shadow creatures?

The helmet is the reason I didn't purchase her. If she had a full head sculpt I would have.

The helmet is the reason I didn't purchase her. If she had a full head sculpt I would have.
Really? Huh. I would have passed without the helmet. Different strokes, I guess.
But then, i also dont use the head sculpt for Iron Man, Cap, Spidey, Ant Man, Wasp, Starlord, etc, etc. So maybe I'm just weird.

As someone who wanted this, i'll wait until the price comes down. It's $440AUD which is a joke

I'm glad to see there is some discussion about this guy. I loved Bale's portrayal of the character and his look, but yeah getting him in Aus is a bit of a pain since he is almost in the $400 region. Fingers crossed the review is good and I can snag him from Popcultcha!

Back