1/6 Hot Toys - Thor: Love and Thunder - Gorr collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well dang! Didn’t expect HT to actually make him. The price will be the real question as the third party guys could easily do him for around $150 with such a bare bones offering. The movable eyes was a good call on their part. Wish he had an alternate head to flesh out the offering more.

Ugly - and tiny at a mere 30 cm tall. Feel like I can craft a better custom Gorr (comics style) in my sleep - if I wanted to. I have a couple of components to do so, so I just might.

Funny how HT went with seamless elbow joints for all the other characters in the L&T line except for Gorr, who would probably look like he classiest figure of the bunch had they made that additional effort. As is, it's a great sculpt of a wasted character on a boring body.

Definitely getting this because a) i really loved this character he was the best thing about the film b) huge Bale fan c) amazing head sculpt d) it’s a villain e) love the character design f) I can’t help myself lol

HT’s Marvel prices seem worse than Star Wars prices lately. $275 is outrageous for such a bare bones figure, even with the movable eyes.
Yeah but it doesn’t really matter, why would you buy it now and from SS when the price will dip massively on release anyway. This figure will not sell, the last three pages of comments are a strong indicator.

If you can wait a year after this releases you can probably get this for less than $200. I expect this to be another delayed figure especially with the body sculpting. So my best guess would be this comes out in spring 2025, so maybe get this in 2026 at discount, probably when the next Thor movie comes out.

I dunno. Seems HT and SS are cutting back on orders so this could end up being more a Hela (also a Thor villain) than a Thanos. He could either sell out prior to release or linger for years. Things are just unpredictable now.

I dunno. Seems HT and SS are cutting back on orders so this could end up being more a Hela (also a Thor villain) than a Thanos. He could either sell out prior to release or linger for years. Things are just unpredictable now.
Agreed. HT is too far behind on release windows and I think Sideshow is tired of holding so much unsold product in stock. Look how much they've tried to sell off items here since SD Comic-Con. They're even limiting Pre-orders now and shoving them to Waitlist when they've been around for so long - big names like Batman or Spider-Man excluded from this, of course.

Not to mention, no way it takes them until Spring 2025 to release this, the delays have been frustrating but I don't see it being that bad.

HT’s Marvel prices seem worse than Star Wars prices lately. $275 is outrageous for such a bare bones figure, even with the movable eyes.

He's got unique arms and feet at least, not sure on the legs. So molding cost went there, plus 10 hands which is more than typical.

Funny how HT went with seamless elbow joints for all the other characters in the L&T line except for Gorr, who would probably look like he classiest figure of the bunch had they made that additional effort. As is, it's a great sculpt of a wasted character on a boring body.
Much like the situation with Drax, the raised, colored scarring on his arms no doubt was the reason they didn't go the seamless route. Toys Era failed at making a seamless Mystique a few years back, so Hot Toys isn't the only company out there who hasn't solved this problem.

No interest in this at that price point. Maybe I'll think about it during the 2024 Geeksgiving clearance sale lol...

Last edited:
Much like the situation with Drax, the raised, colored scarring on his arms no doubt was the reason the didn't go the seamless route. Toys Era failed at making a seamless Mystique a few years back, so Hot Toys isn't the only company out there who hasn't solved this problem.

No interest in this at that price point. Maybe I'll think about it during the 2024 Geeksgiving clearance sale lol...
Yeah I think thats also why gotg2 drax was never put up for order. They must end up with a lot of qc issues with those sculpt details added to the body. Thats why I think this will be so far out until release.

The design of this character looks better as an acolyte to some other villain. Like a servant of Dr Doom.

But at $275, you need to really love the design and/or be a big Bale fan.

That said, good chance few remember this character by the time this figure drops.

Well I’m stoked they are doing this.

HT are completely backlogged I get it… and they continue to make some baffling release decisions (the timing of this is very odd considering BP2’s heavily expected Namor would have made sense or a She-Hulk following the finale, or that long awaited Clint from Hawkeye)… but overall it’s lucky I’m not influenced by peoples opinions otherwise I’d never buy a HT figure going by this forum…

I think he looks spectacular.

Same. Looks great, but not at that price.

I'm reserving my slots for the Trek figures from Exo6 now.

When this thing is on sale for Geeksgiving or something, I"ll use my points.

Back