1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: K-2SO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Wor-Gar! :rock

Thanks!

I did the BBTS with $4 shipping. Came fairly quickly and right on tracking schedule. So I paid $4 over retail. Not bad.

If you're on the fence, I see this on ebay slightly under retail right now -- free ship.

This seems to be growing in popularity as people post pictures and word spreads. Will be interesting to see if this figure is in the supposed HT lower edition size and disappears quicker... or if this is available 6 months from now at a substantial savings.

Gotta say, I'm with everyone else -- love the figure, love the heavy weight of the die-cast. Simple design but huge presence.

Cool shots everyone. Really looking forward to mine. He didn't arrive today, but must be here early next week.

Next up....Jyn Deluxe !!! :yess:

Looking at that Iron Giant, Disney did lean pretty hard on that design with K2SO. Oh well, it's history now. Still a cool character with a mega personality.

I think that was the Mondo Iron Giant from a few years back and a $300 price tag when released.

Thanks!

I did the BBTS with $4 shipping. Came fairly quickly and right on tracking schedule. So I paid $4 over retail.

No sales tax too? I have the Tarkin/Vader as my first preorder from BBTS. Looking forward to a much better deal than SSC

Yep, no tax. $233.99 total. Cheaper than Tarkin single for K-2SO. It's a bargain.

And speak of the devil...

K4.jpg

"My sensors are picking up a rather large alien life form..."

"Ah-Ha! There you are. Don't move -- or I will be forced to shoot you. I would enjoy that."

K2.jpg

"Please consider your options... carefully."

K3.jpg

Sweet! This now solidifies my future purchases - except for my $70 in RPs and the $200 gift card the wifey got me for my bday hehe. Still waiting on that DS Trooper hope that's soon cuz that'll be my last purchase from them.
Congrats on getting such an awesome figure. Stoked on mine.

Looks great, WG! Yes, BBTS is becoming my regular order-haunt these days. Cheaper shipping, better packed, terrific CS. Closer to me, gets here faster. Big win.
Glad you like Kay- it is an awesome figure!

K-2SO_008.jpg

Yep, love this one. A blast to play with.

My battery compartment is a bit wonky -- had to tinker with the spring to get the batteries to light. Still not sure the lights will come on in a day or two without opening that hatch and shifting things around. Maybe a bad contact.

But beyond that, he's a beaut.

K7.jpgK8.jpg

I like the eyes even unlit -- they do catch the light fairly well. Love the 3PO grills.

K6.jpg

K5.jpg

I love this figure. I loved 2-1B as a child. K-2SO is a cuter, beefier version of 2-1B, with Alan Tudyk's amazing performance making him a truly unique and memorable character.

It's a shame that HT couldn't design a plug in (thereby allowing use with a timer) system on these light up figures. Having to handle his head to turn him on is the only thing I don't like.

Those who have him, do you like the under weathering or would you have liked to have the on screen grime on board at least a little?

Also, how long until Hot toys does a repaint of the bot that Jyn shot? :lol

^^ It would maybe be a final scene K-2 over that one.

Saw this one in person at Midtown Comics in Times Square. Very impressed, figure is huge!

Yep, love this one. A blast to play with.

My battery compartment is a bit wonky -- had to tinker with the spring to get the batteries to light. Still not sure the lights will come on in a day or two without opening that hatch and shifting things around. Maybe a bad contact.

But beyond that, he's a beaut.

View attachment 366296View attachment 366297

I like the eyes even unlit -- they do catch the light fairly well. Love the 3PO grills.

View attachment 366298

View attachment 366299

*Great* pics, thanks for the close-up and commentary on his head with the eyes turned off! :clap So he doesn't look deactivated or "dead" with them off? That was my biggest concern, particularly with regard to the pricier PF that I've been leaning toward.

And I agree Star Puffs about K-2 feeling like he's in the same "family" as 2-1B. Part 2-1B and part Iron Giant and the bots from Castle in the Sky.

*Great* pics, thanks for the close-up and commentary on his head with the eyes turned off! :clap So he doesn't look deactivated or "dead" with them off? That was my biggest concern, particularly with regard to the pricier PF that I've been leaning toward.

Thanks! His eyes do tend to go into shadow so he does look "turned off" but there is a lot of detail in the eyes as you can see... and the reflective grating does catch any light behind you -- open window, bright lighting, etc -- so I found that many times the reflection worked to make his eyes look "on". It has to catch the light of course. I will try to place him on the shelf with his eyes looking to the brightest light I can, since I won't have electronics working 99.9% of the time.

Total Bo question here, do you guys think K-2 will stick around Sideshow until October 11? Have some more points that will kick in by then (maybe $18). Also worried about possible electronics issues and don't want them to run out of any back-up parts.

Back