1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wish this guy had done something cool with those arms (even if for 10 seconds). I can just see a friend coming over, seeing it on my shelf and asking what the arms do and I would be :dunno

I just wish this guy had done something cool with those arms (even if for 10 seconds). I can just see a friend coming over, seeing it on my shelf and asking what the arms do and I would be :dunno

It's a one man fire truck. Those are super powered arms with jaws of life on them, for tearing away metal fast.
There are also cargo lugs on the shoulders for extreme heavy lifting.
I picture Tony using this to clear away wreckage on something like a train wreck to get to survivors fast.

They were trapped under the debris with the rest of the other armors.

I would't say "Trapped" im sure they could have got out :lol Im really considering picking this up, im not gunna touch diecast but would mind adding some good ol plastic suits to the shelf

Hot Toys, like Hasbro, DST, etc.., was provided the suit designs from the movie months ago, and most likely decided to produce figures based on what designs they felt were most important, looked coolest, or mandated by Marvel/Disney. So far, Hasbro, DST, and Hot Toys are ALL releasing a War Machine MK2 in their lines, this indicates to me that the material they received from Marvel showed that armor had a role at some point.

Keep in mind what happened with Iron Man 2, none of the toy manufacturers produced a MK2 Whiplash, not because it was a big secret, but because the armor was added late into production AFTER the materials were already provided to the toy companies.

Hot Toys isn't at fault for producing these armors, they are probably just as frustrated now that the film has hit theaters. Just think about how much time/money/man-power went into each one of those 1/6 figures.

Hot Toys, like Hasbro, DST, etc.., was provided the suit designs from the movie months ago, and most likely decided to produce figures based on what designs they felt were most important, looked coolest, or mandated by Marvel/Disney. So far, Hasbro, DST, and Hot Toys are ALL releasing a War Machine MK2 in their lines, this indicates to me that the material they received from Marvel showed that armor had a role at some point.

Keep in mind what happened with Iron Man 2, none of the toy manufacturers produced a MK2 Whiplash, not because it was a big secret, but because the armor was added late into production AFTER the materials were already provided to the toy companies.

Hot Toys isn't at fault for producing these armors, they are probably just as frustrated now that the film has hit theaters. Just think about how much time/money/man-power went into each one of those 1/6 figures.

Why are people acting like these figures aren't gonna sell? Sure they won't sell as fast cause "screen time" is an important factor when deciding on a figure, but there's still hundreds and thousands of Iron Man fans out there that will be many of the suits, and some that will buy everything. Hot Toys know their customer base, they decided on the most original, popular or promoted suits and will make them.

It's only cause of the loud minority who keep saying "enough with Iron Man", "Hot Toys should be called Stark Toys lol" "not enough screen time to warrant these figures" etc. etc. that people are saying these won't sell, granted some won't sell very well like the PPS figures as ones a statue pretty much and the other is a limited articulation figure of one of the not so good looking suits imo.

We'll see tho, i personally think HT know exactly what their doing and hopefully have a few more suits to reveal, i know theres 3 they haven't announced yet that i want.

That makes no sense sorry, in the list of 42 amors there's no mention of a Godkiller armor, and both the Heartbreaker designs are named, the black one is called Tank.

So it's Tank. :D Not really sure where the "Godkiller" came from.

We know from dialogue that AIM wrote a lot of the software, so it's probably that they took the War Machine and built this one.
And on reflection, if AIM had a lot to do with the building of WM 2.0, that would totally explain it when Killian asks if his people can repair IP after it gets heated up...
And perhaps also how they were able to control it so well.

I'm pretty sure AIM only had something to do with the "rebranding" to IP.
Stark built WM 2.0 according to the official prelude comic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Why are people acting like these figures aren't gonna sell? Sure they won't sell as fast cause "screen time" is an important factor when deciding on a figure, but there's still hundreds and thousands of Iron Man fans out there that will be many of the suits, and some that will buy everything. Hot Toys know their customer base, they decided on the most original, popular or promoted suits and will make them.

It's only cause of the loud minority who keep saying "enough with Iron Man", "Hot Toys should be called Stark Toys lol" "not enough screen time to warrant these figures" etc. etc. that people are saying these won't sell, granted some won't sell very well like the PPS figures as ones a statue pretty much and the other is a limited articulation figure of one of the not so good looking suits imo.

We'll see tho, i personally think HT know exactly what their doing and hopefully have a few more suits to reveal, i know theres 3 they haven't announced yet that i want.

They WILL sell- IM3 is such a huge hit worldwide no more doubt HT will produce all they can from it..

I've got a hard time believing Hot Toys' biggest sellers to date have broke six figure edition sizes...

I do not believe they will not sell but if they really are going to make all 42 suits there is only a few who can afford to get them all. The rest of us will have to pick and choose within our limited budget and a lot of these suits are very similar except for some minor differences like paint (WM and IP).

The MK 42, IP, Stark, WM and maybe Heartbreaker will be the big sellers and the rest (IMO) probably will be made in much lower volumes. I doubt they want a bunch of these collecting dust on the shelf like Rescue Cap.

Back