1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hopping that the red snapper would do something really awesome with those arms that would make you go :eek

But not even close

I'll be surprised if they get past Igor, Heartbreaker, and Red Snapper. You gotta think the appeal of the suits goes beyond an assigned mark number and design. 1-7 (and 42) had enough screen time to be memorable, to be worth the kind of money HT is demanding. Or maybe the Iron Man fans are nuts enough to buy anything that was on screen for less than 10 seconds :lol

Dont really care how much screen time they get in the movie, if it looks cool enough then i buy it.
Honestly i missed out on all the IM 1&2 stuff, IM3 has a bunch of cool designs i like so.
Bascially i want shotgun, heartbreaker, gemini, silver centurion, red snapper, iron patriot, 42, and the skeleton suit.

Dont really care how much screen time they get in the movie, if it looks cool enough then i buy it.
Honestly i missed out on all the IM 1&2 stuff, IM3 has a bunch of cool designs i like so.
Bascially i want shotgun, heartbreaker, gemini, silver centurion, red snapper, iron patriot, 42, and the skeleton suit.

once upon a time (two days ago) so did I :lol

i guess im a hypocrite after i thought about my Favorite suit the Mk IV secret project, which got no screen time apposed to 10-20 seconds

I still can't believe they're making a WM 2.0 and it wasn't even in the movie...

I still can't get over the fact they never even mentioned it was a totally different suit. Of course *we* all know. But would the casual viewer be paying enough attention to realise that's not the suit from IM2?
When Tony was talking to Rhodey in the cafe, a little mention of Tony having provided a new suit for him would have been all that was required.
Like, i make you a *totally* new suit and you go and *ruin it* with those colours...

I still can't get over the fact they never even mentioned it was a totally different suit. Of course *we* all know. But would the casual viewer be paying enough attention to realise that's not the suit from IM2?
When Tony was talking to Rhodey in the cafe, a little mention of Tony having provided a new suit for him would have been all that was required.
Like, i make you a *totally* new suit and you go and *ruin it* with those colours...

Agreed. The way things were in the film, it seemed like someone at DARPA reworked the IM2 War Machine suit to make the IP, which leads one to assume that Tony's tech is capable of being reverse engineered by other minds. Basically, if the US Air Force had one IP, why not have had dozens of IPs? Your rewrite, Username, would have solved this.

What would have been cool is if they could have sent off the President who was already in the IP suit (I mean, if the bad guys can send him from Air Force One to their hideout at the shipping dock, why can't Tony and Rhodey send him off to safety).

Then WM2.0 could have showed up with the rest of the suits, and Rhodey could have kicked butt with that.

Seems almost stupid now that I think about it, that they didn't do that.

How does Hot Toys end up making this WM2.0 in the first place without the suit even appearing in the movie? Weird.

Agreed. The way things were in the film, it seemed like someone at DARPA reworked the IM2 War Machine suit to make the IP, which leads one to assume that Tony's tech is capable of being reverse engineered by other minds. Basically, if the US Air Force had one IP, why not have had dozens of IPs? Your rewrite, Username, would have solved this.

We know from dialogue that AIM wrote a lot of the software, so it's probably that they took the War Machine and built this one.
And on reflection, if AIM had a lot to do with the building of WM 2.0, that would totally explain it when Killian asks if his people can repair IP after it gets heated up...
And perhaps also how they were able to control it so well.

How does Hot Toys end up making this WM2.0 in the first place without the suit even appearing in the movie? Weird.

I see it as a "what if?" logical look of the suit before the IP rebranding.
Will i buy it?
Maybe...
I am still on the fence with the IP armour, considering it spent more time piloted by baddies, lol.

We know from dialogue that AIM wrote a lot of the software, so it's probably that they took the War Machine and built this one.
And on reflection, if AIM had a lot to do with the building of WM 2.0, that would totally explain it when Killian asks if his people can repair IP after it gets heated up...
And perhaps also how they were able to control it so well.

True. 'Forgot about that. So I guess the suggestion is that Killian had the knowledge and means to build suits but considered the prowess of Extremis to be superior anyway.

True. 'Forgot about that. So I guess the suggestion is that Killian had the knowledge and means to build suits but considered the prowess of Extremis to be superior anyway.

Another angle was that he only originally needed The Mandarin as a smokescreen because some of his Extremis dudes blew up when they couldn't regulate. He needed cover, so he came up with a credible terrorist threat he could blame his exploding soldiers on.
I suppose it was only later he started pro-actively terrorising using the Mandarin.

mark iv secret project and mark 3 gunmetal called
Iron-Man-Mark-IV-Secret-Project-12-Inch-Figure__57763604_0.jpg

GUNMETALGREY-IM-02.jpg

They had a second chance too. On the rig, when Rhodey asks for a suit, Tony would've replied, *No. Cuz you've already screwed up the new one I gave you*

More like DERPA.

AFAIK, in IM2, Rhodey didn't allow the Air Force to fiddle with the Mk II other than equip it with firepower so I doubt if they reverse-engineered it.

What would have been cool is if they could have sent off the President who was already in the IP suit (I mean, if the bad guys can send him from Air Force One to their hideout at the shipping dock, why can't Tony and Rhodey send him off to safety).

Then WM2.0 could have showed up with the rest of the suits, and Rhodey could have kicked butt with that.

Seems almost stupid now that I think about it, that they didn't do that.

Rhodey didn't want the President to get too carried away and develop a desire for the armor. :D

I would put money on a low volume run on this and a lot of the others (if they still try and make them all).

I can guarantee this is what people will assume if he does sell out since no one thinks these can just sell on their own. Which I still think is a huge mistake when you factor in the Asian market's love of robotic stuff in general and Iron Man fan's itch to complete their collections and their love for all things Iron Man in general.

I doubt I'll be buying one, of course. :) If I had the money, I would, though just based on the strength of the design.

Back