1/6 Hot Toys - MMS729/729B - John Wick Chapter 4: John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The updated hair sculpt looks much better than their JW2 figure. Would be great if it still comes with the "flowing" hair though.

Maybe they’ve been biding their time so they can announce an Artisan Wick alongside these two?

Maybe they'll eventually do a John Wick "Collection" set, i.e. a figure that represents all five films, once the last sequel is made and the story is fully closed out. So that's a reason to do rooted hair and anchor it with accessories no one has seen before. You could probably formulate a set that's basically 80 percent rehash and still up the price.

Never put it beyond HT to milk their molds as much as possible for rereleases.

Maybe they'll eventually do a John Wick "Collection" set, i.e. a figure that represents all five films, once the last sequel is made and the story is fully closed out. So that's a reason to do rooted hair and anchor it with accessories no one has seen before. You could probably formulate a set that's basically 80 percent rehash and still up the price.

Never put it beyond HT to milk their molds as much as possible for rereleases.
… How the hell is there gonna be another John Wick sequel?!?!

Better lighting.
FB_IMG_1696248735947.jpg

… How the hell is there gonna be another John Wick sequel?!?!

If you isolate out the Winston sections of 3 and 4, you can start to see the ground work of where the total narrative is going. There's money to be made and Keanu Reeves doesn't really have another franchise and is not at the same bankable level outside of Wick. And the Winston arc isn't complete. The raw numbers for 4 were very good. Certainly I could be wrong, down the road, but I have a hard time seeing John Wick 5 never being made.

Keanu doesn't need the money at this point to be honest, he's made a bunch of money through John Wick, another Matrix, Toy Story 4, etc. I think someone recently told me he's got like $400 million in net worth. He's said he'd like to keep making these John Wick movies as long as people enjoy them, but let's be real, he's going to be 60 next year, 61 but the time they started shooting. How long do they really want to continue these movies for?

I think there is going to be John Wick 5, but it'll either be a prequel type movie, or it'll be more focused on Donnie Yen's character since they alluded to that spin off in the post credits scene. I don't think Keanu wants to keep these movies going indefinitely and not cheapening the ending of the 4th movie would be doing right by everyone involved.

Keanu doesn't need the money at this point to be honest, he's made a bunch of money through John Wick, another Matrix, Toy Story 4, etc. I think someone recently told me he's got like $400 million in net worth. He's said he'd like to keep making these John Wick movies as long as people enjoy them, but let's be real, he's going to be 60 next year, 61 but the time they started shooting. How long do they really want to continue these movies for?
Are you mentioning his age in reference to him getting too old to play the role? If so, to be fair, he appears to be very healthy and capable at 60 much like Tom Cruise is. Both of them are in better shape and look much younger than most folks at that age and appear to be able to also do much more than typical 60 year olds. Keanu definitely doesn't look 60 even without the movie make up.

For reference, and this isn't throwing any shade at the man as I loved him as Dumbledore, look at how much older Michael Gambon looked in his 60s when he started playing Dumbledore in PoA vs how Keanu looks. Or even Ian McKellen in his 60s when he started playing Gandalf. It's quite the difference.

Last edited:
Could just be my impatience but anyone else slowly losing hope these figures just won’t be announced at all😂😂7 months later from the movies release and still nothing. I know they’ve had it on display numerous times over the past couple months but again still no announcement.
Are HTs made in China? China economy a mess right now. Lots of closed factories.

Are HTs made in China? China economy a mess right now. Lots of closed factories.
They are, at least partially. I think there is a portion of the figures that comes from South Korea, I can't remember if it's the painting or some of the design team. But a lot of the figures come from China.

Probably not a bad thing that China is getting kicked in the ass economically given the global climate right now. That said, Hot Toys hasn't really seemed to be effected much. They've still been announcing/releasing as usual.

Could be announced tomorrow. On the Hong Kong Instagram account they have tomorrow’s date listed in the caption along with secret base.

Back